Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards For Good Sweepstakes and other Stuff...

Message 1 of 2

Thanks, @DREAMFOXX  for gifting us with your thoughts about R4G. I think this is something we should all discuss at length, all the time: how can the R4G program better serve our needs (and wants).

Like you, I have hoarded my points for years waiting for something that is worth spending all that time (and frankly, no small amount of frustration) on. To me, 10% off isn't that. I did grab some of the JCPenney gift cards when they were offered at 20% off, and I did recently grab movie tickets when they were offered at 20% off. I do cruise the healthy lifestyle section from time to time to see if they have anything I can't live without, but basically all I do is earn, earn, earn, earn. Smiley Happy

I'd like to see a national farmers market gift card, or maybe deeply discounted Whole Foods or Trader Joe's gift cards. Or something --anything-- that encourages seniors to eat fresh foods (read: unpackaged), as they are nutrient dense and therefore far more healthy.

Don't tell R4G, but in a few years, once we get our RV, they'll likely be able to wrestle every last point away from me if they offer Camping World gift cards. (Did you hear that R4G? Every. Last. Point. Smiley Happy)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views
Replies

Rewards For Good Sweepstakes and other Stuff...

Message 2 of 2

Hello....I haven't posted my beliefs in a while...but here goes...I have been reading the comments about the dissatisfaction about R4G. This is a problem, and no one is taking action about the complaints. It seems no one who has the authority to make changes even cares.

I would like to know what is the protocol that you follow for choosing sweepstakes winners? 

With 38 million members, its like playing the lottery!  Let members know what their odds are for winning a sweepstakes so they won't waste their time or points by entering a ''snowball's chance in hell'' sweepstakes! 

As for the auctions... I noticed there are different auction prizes for some, in fact in my opinion the prizes they have to bid on are better. 

There are usually more than three $50-$100 gift cards during a week they get to bid on....and in my group we are lucky to see a $100 gift card during the entire month on a regular basis.

This just isn't fair. Everyone should have the opportunity to bid on the exact same auction prizes.

I have saved my points for many years, waiting to bid on the auction worthy of getting my time invested points. 

The prizes that are being offered now are not nearly as great as they once were back in the day...remember the 'WOW' auctions and 'POWER PLAY'? Bring those back...PLEASE! 

I just don't understand who made these changes. At least the members who have been active the longest by participating in R4G should be given a say in how the program should be administered.  A simple online ballot and/or survey could be a way to satisfy the majority of participants. 

All of us can't be wrong...we are all complaining about the same things!!!

Our membership fees as well as our time as a member, and our dedication to R4G should dictate how this thing should be managed.

Is there no advocate who can speak on behalf of us who have posted concerns about R4G?

Its not our fault that some members didn't save their points, or.... they are new to AARP R4G program...so why do they get special treatment with great items to bid on, and we are stuck with the same old $5 gift cards day end day out?  People with fewer points than us, are the ones whom you are trying to give an opportunity to win an auction...but, if you haven't investigated they may have already won multiple times and their point balance has dwindled.... yet, they still have the advantage we don't have..being able to bid on the best prizes because they fall into that 'LOW POINT CATEGORY'.

When something worth bidding on comes along, there should be at least three of the same items to bid on...giving everyone a fair shot at trying to win. Give us the EXACT same auction prizes that those low scoring point players have to bid on.  Also, what is with all of these $5 gift cards in the auction? The sweepstakes prizes are great...PLEASE put those in the auctions to give us a chance to bid on some decent prizes....because we all know winning the sweepstakes is like playing the POWERBALL.

A person who gives up 100,000 points for a $5 gift card is really not interested in the entire scope of what R4G is about. But for those of us who are, we know how many months it takes to aquire that amount of points, and no way will we hand over that sum for a gift card we would have no problem buying for ourselves. This is TIME INVESTED!  Our time must be compensated...but not for a $5 gift card.  The bottom line....EVERYONE who wants to participate in an auction...should be a current paid member of AARP. These activities should be incentives for those of us with years of uninterrupted membership. Create something different for the people you are trying to bring on board to AARP, as well as those who are new to AARP. PLEASE....will someone do something???

Like I stated earlier...we all can't be wrong...we all have the same thoughts and feelings about this.

It seems almost like a dictatorship...no matter what we say it doesn't matter...we begged you not to change the format years ago...but it fell on deaf ears. Please take our concerns to heart.

CORDIALLY...

DREAMFOXX

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies