Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 331 of 353

I introduced my husband to the Smokies on our honeymoon, and he fell in love with the area, just like I did when I lived in TN.  Anybody know of a small cabin on a little piece of land with a view of the mountains?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 332 of 353
I want to stay in Naperville and live in Naperville for my retirement . I. Love my city Naperville . From Anne Kimble
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 333 of 353

I'm going to retire in my house.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 334 of 353

We've retired 'in place'. We have been in our one-and-only house for almost 37 years. I would love to have a place out in the Pacific Northwest, but most of our respective families live within an hour's drive. So, we're staying here. We are on a few acres, so I have been indulging in big-time gardening for a lot of years. We'll stay here until we physically cannot handle the property.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 335 of 353

We are in Pennylvania now but want to go west to ski country and are looking for affordable suggestions.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 336 of 353
Our financial adviser told us, travel where you think you'd like to live, Rv or rent first. Once you make a move, you may be stuck. Some of his clients had bought in other states, after living there a couple years, hated it. Then couldn't sell. You don't want to get stuck. So we are traveling while we can. And after living in the Pacific Northwest rain, we know we don't want to live here. Expensive also. On a lighter note, you have everything in the state of Washington, great place to visit in the summer!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 337 of 353
Retired & left expensive Maryland to live much more comfortably in Hartwell, Ga.. With temperate climate, low cost of living, great golfing,. & beautiful Lake Hartwell,, Hart County Ga is known as "the best & friendliest little town by a dam site"! -- & that it is!!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 338 of 353

We have retired and are looking to move to Mexico. We spent 3 months down there this year and absoluety loved it. We are going back down there for 2 months and then back again next year

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 339 of 353
I love Oregon. Figure out what you want and needs are. Call the chamber of commerce in the city you are interested in and they can send you free information on the area. You can also order at a charge a relocation packet. I have always found this useful.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 340 of 353

I'm retired so we have been thinking of where to retire and concluded that we should stay put where we have are or move near where our children are.

As we get older and frail, family support is most important and if your children lives far away, it is hard on them and for yourselve.   

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors