Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

I Know I Am Getting Old Because... ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต

Anonymous
Not applicable

I Know I Am Getting Old Because... ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต

• Discussion created on May 18, 2021 9:30am EST.
  • Let's have some fun!!!
  • Add your responses to - I know I am getting old because...
  • Keep adding each day if you want to ๐Ÿ˜
Recognized Social Butterfly

(2)

Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy wrote:

(9/4/23) Stop by to join OUR discussion!

Let's have some fun!!!

Add your responses to - I know I am getting old because...

I know I am getting old because my friends and I discuss our........wait for it...........wait for it...........wait for it............wait for it............wait for it.............................................................

BOWEL MOVEMENTS

๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Nicole ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜

I know I am getting old because....

I hate "auto-correct" when it insists!!!... & Iโ€™m in a hurry to get my text sent... & especially if I miss what it changed before I sent it...as we know...once 'sent' ...

itโ€™s there....forever!! LOL!!๐Ÿคฃ

Anyway... Take care!  โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ถ๐Ÿ–~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ ๐Ÿ โ›ต

2 comments (9/2/23) I know I am getting old because I NO longer wear "heels".... ๐Ÿ™„

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ต

Silver Conversationalist

I NO longer wear "heels" ๐Ÿ™„....

well...

I never did wear "heels"๐Ÿ‘  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘ ....

HAHAHAAAA ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜„

Trusted Social Butterfly

Getting "Old isn't for Sissies"...Your mind is still young but your body starts to give up on you...Do it now while you can....Say the things you want to say before it's too late....

1 comment (8/31/23) Hi @s804940b , so good to hear from you!

I never had close friends as all my life I moved around. And never been a Facebook fan - too much drama. ๐Ÿ™„

What I am MISSING of late is my "childhood" with my grandparents.

I would kill to have them in my life at "soon-to-be" 65.

Sucks getting old = losing folks we care about. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ต

โœ@s804940b wrote:

I do the same thing.  I like to sleep when I feel like it and not just because it is a certain hour of the day.  Also, I am getting old because all of my closest family members and best friends have died.  Starting over in your mid sixties is difficult.โœ

Super Contributor

I do understand that.  I only had one grandparent and she died when I was 7.  She was very loving.  Two of the others died when my parents were teenagers and the fourth was just mean and never acted like a grandparent.

1 comment (8/31/23) Hi @s804940b , it is so "unforgivable" when a grandparent is TOXIC.

My only child is dealing with one I have AVOIDED since she turned 18 = she went away to college, told her and her "wimp" (scared of her ๐Ÿ™„) of a husband they can go visit her on campus.

18 years of H.LL finally ended. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ต

โœ@s804940b wrote:

I do understand that.  I only had one grandparent and she died when I was 7.  She was very loving.  Two of the others died when my parents were teenagers and the fourth was just mean and never acted like a grandparent.โœ 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

That sounds just awful.  Much like the one I mentioned.  Always trying to start trouble.  She hated my Mom because she took away her only means of support between husbands.  Sometimes she would come to our house and eat everything we had with one of her new boyfriends.  We were poor, so my Mom started hiding food.  There were four children and then my parents to feed.  My Mom did a great job of it unless the witch just dropped over at night for a so called visit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I am getting old because I sped past the library today before I realized I had passed it! Lol, thankful my old brain decided to wake up = had to make a u-turn. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Picture Attached.

images.jpeg.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I am getting old because I am in my bed taking a nap at 5pm. No wonder I am up until 1am!!!  Lol,.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Super Contributor

I do the same thing.  I like to sleep when I feel like it and not just because it is a certain hour of the day.  Also, I am getting old because all of my closest family members and best friends have died.  Starting over in your mid sixties is difficult.

Super Contributor

I know I am getting old because all of my family and closest of friends have passed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I am getting old because I have to leave a reminder note in front of my microwave. Lol, a reminder that I am cooking/heating up stuff. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ Before using a note, stuff would stay in microwave until I used it again. ๐Ÿ™„

Super Contributor

My Samsung had bells that go off if anything is still inside.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I am getting old because normally I can hop on my doctor's examination table. Lol, today I had to pull myself up on to the table. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ And getting off the table ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I am getting old because I sat down today to drink my first cup of Hazelnut cafรจ (my fav) and wondered why it tasted off. ๐Ÿ˜ค Lol, when I finished drinking it and returned to my kitchen, guess what was still sitting on the counter? My sweetener! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Got to luv those senior moments. ๐Ÿ™„

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I am getting old because I forget what day it is and the date and year. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I am getting old because I fall asleep if I sit too long gazing out at the mountains outside my window ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Super Contributor

Maybe it is just soothing to you.

Honored Social Butterfly

I know I am getting OLD because...

Bob Dylan turns 80 on Monday !!!!!

but He's Not done . . . . . and I hope I am not either !

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Bronze Conversationalist

And Gloria Steinem is 87

Barbara Walters is 91

Honored Social Butterfly

I know I am getting old because when I gotta tinkle......................

I gotta tinkle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I am getting old because it is FRIDAY NIGHT in a few hours and I very CONTENT to stay home. Lol, I do NOT miss those PARTIES ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous I know I'm getting old because I misplace my reading glas . . . ( oh, whoops, there on top of my head ).   ---  Christine

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous  I know I'm getting old because I creak when I get out of bed.  The good news is I still fit in the earrings I wore in high school.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I am getting OLD because I have to now take SHOWERS ๐Ÿ˜ญ Lol, no more long SOAKS in my bathtub. Well at least I am SAVING water ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Bronze Conversationalist

I know I'm getting old because 

• the mirror tells me, that cheeky princess
  • the words I want increasingly hide from me
  • I've started sentences with: when I was your age......
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP