Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Wow glad points earning no longer a daily thing for me

Social Butterfly

Wow glad points earning no longer a daily thing for me

Wow

Just opened this Rewards email....Wow Did everyone get this? Or just me cause I'm not as active as used to be... checkin everyday but don't earn nor spend everyday.....wow

Screenshot_20200805-163611_Email.jpg

So ok only worth time earning points if I'm gonna spend points Wow So my way been of earning 10Kish points a month & donating 8K points works for me 🥰

Big change

Happy rewarding y'all

Ginger  ;  )

Conversationalist

The number of available cards for sale probably has more to do with the vendor and not AARP.  They are trying to steer more people to their business or service.

A good example might be UBER or Door Dash.  They have a good service going, but the fees are too high for each delivery, unless you are getting the funds in your account for free.  The ecards sell out fast, even with the limits imposed on buying only three of any cards. Just be smart and don't add cash to your account(s).  By the way, these type of purchases are about the only ecards I will purchase, because you can immediately put the funds into an online account, and you don't have to worry about going through a register line and have an employee not knowing what he/she is doing trying to cash it in.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon & @rednexsrus 

Ray, I'd like to get a Google Home or Mini for Points Only.  I believe you have covered everything.  Since you were featured maybe they will listen.

Lucy, I'm just going to stop earning points daily.  There must be a lot of members with two million plus points😆

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

I was featured? I wonder who made that mistake 😄

Lol, word is that we're getting more point sinks, like more entries into sweeps than 5. (Hey, can we get a running tally of entries, please?)

Maybe the point price of $5 cards will be increased. Who knows?

Still would like to see some cool merch. Hope it happens.

Cheers,
Ray

Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, I think that was one good choice made with you as featured😊

An organization that had 38 million members in 2018, surely at least half are Reward members. 

Having 100 cards available is an insult, like saying here "Suckers" stay in the site and may the best man/woman win.  Odds are overwhelming😤.  Good things for the beginning and now virtually nothing.

Here's to wishful thinking

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 @a170938b @mazur777 

Hello All,

I stopped for about a month and I'm glad.  Guess I'll visit the Rewards site on a monthly or quarterly basis now.

No "Points Only" cards and with all the points, there should be some offered everyday. Everything cost money, extra credit not available after going through the trouble😢.  Seems like the end of AARP Rewards😯

Ginger, you were right to stop earning early.  Some members are over two million points now with hopes that after the Beta testing ended things would improve with Catalog.  We've been fooled again.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   Unfortunately it seems you are right.  I didn't kill myself earning two million points and redeemed what I could....but....this month has seen a drastic degradation of the program.  Expiration of points, no worthwhile "extra credit" offers....except for the one $5 Amazon card.   Guess I should have taken that before it disappeared.   Would have bought me some Kindle books.   

The purchase offers have always been awful as I've said before.  No one should buy for a $1 discount.  The risk of losing the card far exceeds the value saved.    Carnival has become a better offer.   For the expenditure one can save quite a bit.   I don't sail Carnival.....or any other line until it's safe.   I have enjoyed the cards I've gotten....especially Panera, Carrabras, and Barnes and Noble. Thanks, AARP.   The company that's running the program hit rock bottom this month.   It can only go up or go bust.   

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

I was doing daily activities, and if you max out it at 7,890 it's not hard to reach over 2 million points.   I stopped earning for a month. 

I've used points for Panera, Sephora, Uber, streaming apps, etc.  Won a couple of weekly deals in the beginning that were valued at $50 and above.  

If they bring back Auctions it will take a lot of points to win.

Wishing for better days😉

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Silver Conversationalist

Marylin, Hate to see you go if you must, but I feel pretty much the same way. Really, unless AARP changes things they will certainly lose their rewards program and members too. Maybe that's what they want 😞 😞
Just Saying
lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Confused. As I wrote in my previous post to Teri (I hope she will address it), it seems to me that AARP Rewards did not mean for us to obtain the daily maximum of points daily. Many of us did it, hoping that something better would happen during this extraordinary lengthy period of Beta Testing; it looks like expiration of points happen! 

Periodic Contributor

Why are our points being taken away. I built up my points because  I have macular degeration  and might any time can see enough to read.They are not doing there members right.How many of you are discussed with the Reward program I have been a member for 20 years never have I seen this program go down like AARP has.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Dcmburnell124 wrote:

Why are our points being taken away. I built up my points because  I have macular degeration  and might any time can see enough to read.They are not doing there members right.How many of you are discussed with the Reward program I have been a member for 20 years never have I seen this program go down like AARP has.

There is usually something worth redeeming every month. I would never recommend saving over 1 million or more points..

It is pretty clear redeeming a $5 gift card is a waste, especially considering if you only have 3 redemptions per month.

I cannot complain. The total of what I have redeemed have far surpassed the amount I paid in my membership. Yes, the rewards system can be better but I am grateful for the overall program. We are in a pandemic right now so I can understand why the redemption page is a little bare.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Dcmburnell124  Thank you for your loyalty and that's why we're giving a 5 month head start! AARP Reward points will not start to expire until January 1, 2021. As a reminder: your points expire one year after they were earned, on the first day, of the following month. For example, any points earned in January 2020 would expire on February 1, 2021, if you don't use them for redemption. But, don't worry! When you make a redemption, we will always use your oldest points first and we will also send you a reminder email before points expire. 

In the meantime, we're loading the catalog with even more ways to use and redeem your points so we can introduce new brands to the catalog. We are adding bigger Sweepstakes and also increasing the daily limit of individual sweepstakes entries; giving participants even more chances to win exciting prizes. All other Members Only benefits remain the same! 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

While I prefer the points being non-expirable, I think could live with the 12 month expiration, but there needs to be some changes to make it viable.

Here are some suggestions:

1) offer more higher value cards for points, rather than useless $5 cards

2) offer more useful merchandise for points. What ever happened to the iPods, iPads, Bluetooth speakers, etc? Those were worth spending points. They were usually auctions, but you get my drift.

3) reintroduce auctions. If there is any place to dump a boatload of points, that's it. I personally liked the timed one, where the timer extended by 10 seconds if outbid. Exciting! The tiered auctions at the end of last Rewards were terribly done and really unfair to many.

4) make points/$ a fixed and reasonable ratio, not this current random thing. There should be no difference between brands. A dollar is a dollar!

5) treat items for points as orders, not as first-come-first-serve. Even if you have to reorder the cards for the users. It's a slap in the face for people to see an offer suddenly disappear.

6) Make "extra value" worth the name. Similar to item (5), these should not disappear until the next cycle.

7) Show a preview of offers to come, be it cards, merch, sweeps, no matter. If our points are expiring, let us plan on how to use them.

Accumulating points requires effort. Please consider that this effort should be rewarded, esp if you are taking away the points again.

Does anyone else have more suggestions to improve things?

Cheers,

Ray

Bronze Conversationalist

@ralmon wrote:

While I prefer the points being non-expirable, I think could live with the 12 month expiration, but there needs to be some changes to make it viable.

Here are some suggestions:

1) offer more higher value cards for points, rather than useless $5 cards

2) offer more useful merchandise for points. What ever happened to the iPods, iPads, Bluetooth speakers, etc? Those were worth spending points. They were usually auctions, but you get my drift.

3) reintroduce auctions. If there is any place to dump a boatload of points, that's it. I personally liked the timed one, where the timer extended by 10 seconds if outbid. Exciting! The tiered auctions at the end of last Rewards were terribly done and really unfair to many.

4) make points/$ a fixed and reasonable ratio, not this current random thing. There should be no difference between brands. A dollar is a dollar!

5) treat items for points as orders, not as first-come-first-serve. Even if you have to reorder the cards for the users. It's a slap in the face for people to see an offer suddenly disappear.

6) Make "extra value" worth the name. Similar to item (5), these should not disappear until the next cycle.

7) Show a preview of offers to come, be it cards, merch, sweeps, no matter. If our points are expiring, let us plan on how to use them.

Accumulating points requires effort. Please consider that this effort should be rewarded, esp if you are taking away the points again.

Does anyone else have more suggestions to improve things?

Cheers,

Ray

What a great post. I agree 100%

Regular Contributor

Agree...this is a very poor decision..limiting ways to redeem points is on them....poorly handled....shameful. I feel I have wasted my time. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP