Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Re: Are "Points Only" Gift Cards Gone Forever?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Are "Points Only" Gift Cards Gone Forever?

Absolutely, "Points Only" gift cards of value that members want !!!

@mi4090 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors

Has anyone else noticed that the daily deals for at least the next (4) days are purchase deals😢.

Why can't we get daily "Points Only" cards to use points before the end of year?  

@AARPCaroline can we get at least 1 to 5 thousand card availability with over 30 million plus members? 

Are we really valued customers or suckers, being pulled with strings like puppets.

We don't need to be tricked, manipulated or maneuvered to come to the site.  If we're able to use are points for a real chance at getting something of value, the Rewards site would be overwhelmed.

What's your opinion?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Contributor

I haven't done much with AARP rewards lately.  There is nothing on the site that I actually want, let alone use.  I would like to see points only options that are actually useful.  I am not feeling like a valued customer at the moment.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello AARP Management

@AARPTeri 

Is it possible to offer at least (3) Points Only cards daily valued at $15.00 and up? Gas, Wal Mart, Target, Whole Foods, Best Buy, etc.

We can use our points before they disappear, and please offer cards can be used nationally.

Thanks 

@mi4090 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors

Does anyone else feel that there should be 2 or 3 points only cards offered everyday?

It would be nice to use your points before you start losing them😢

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I agree with you.  And a $5 or $10 card is not enough - get real!!  At this point there is nothing that I want to redeem.  It just keeps getting worse.

Silver Conversationalist

AND we are doomed to losing them.
Mark what I am saying. If Merkle aka HelloWorld has ANYTHING to do with the points expiration policy then AARP will be grossly derelict in it's responsibility to their members if they do not monitor their actions. After all Merkle IS the Administrator, and I believe this is their policy not AARP.
This reference is at the bottom of the email we all received **** You are receiving this email because of your recent transaction with AARP ******* WHAT TRANSACTION ??
This leads me to believe that bringing up this so called points policy change is in retaliation for all the comments, requests and suggestions that we have been making in this forum.
Just Saying
lucyp061351
Contributor

I have an Amazon prime account, how do I get points/credit for my purchases? I'm new to AARP and just wanted to know how all this works.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @lesliec663264, as you learn skills and know-how for the future, the AARP Rewards program will provide you with awesome incentives through our trivia, quizzes, sweepstakes, fitness tracking, retirement calculators and More. The AARP Rewards catalog is continuously evolving to bring you hand-picked deals and savings to make your day easier and more rewarding. At this moment we don't have an option to earn points with your Amazon Prime account. To explore more about the AARP Rewards please visit: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking on the ellipsis option button (the three dots) in the top-right corner of the reply.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

Andrew, Lucy & Ginger as you all know I will immediately post about a problem within a forum. 

This is the only way we have to voice are concerns and receive feedback via members and management.

We are paying and valued members😉

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Super Contributor

Every month I  take advantage of getting the limit of 3 points only gift cards. I look for the highest value cards for something I would normally buy or if it looks like a nice treat. Also, instead of complaining I will settle for something thats just so so if I can't find something I really like. After all, it is free stuff!!

Social Butterfly

@mjt1959 You may consider it complaining when I spend my time to make suggestions or point out problems or share my expectations with the AARP Rewards program.  AARP Rewards needs to know what we like and what improvements would be helpful (unless they read minds 😳).  I don't believe that I am complaining.

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo @rednexsrus 

Indeed Andrew & Lucy

Agree completely

Total purpose for this Forum "Redemption" is to post desires and issues have with Redemptions 

Folks in charge of Rewards Program can't know/hear if our thoughts/voices are never shared

Have a beautiful day !

@mi4090 Reach out to Marylin.... hope all is okay you've been quiet for while..... have you joined ranks I went to... just sitting by quietly for most part??  We'd like know you are okay....

Take care

Ginger  ;  ) 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Andrew, I totally agree with your assessment. While management may not listen to us at least we are trying to make things better. You can't get lard unless you boil the hog.
Just Saying
lucyp061351
Super Contributor

Do the $25 Hulu points only cards keep going out of stock? They disappeared last month, reappeared, and now, in the past few days, they're gone again. Is this normal to see this happen with them? 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CaliaRose the catalog changes often, and if an item is sold out or no longer available, it will be removed from the catalog.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@AARPDianaG  Can you tell me if this item is sold out right now or if it's unavailable?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I recently acquired some Bloomin' Brands eGift cards for points only. I redeemed 62,000 points for a $25 card and 42,500 points, each, for two $20 cards - $65 total value for no out-of-pocket expense.

Stay well, and enjoy!

Silver Conversationalist

Brightpool, Bloomin' Brands is back in the catalog this morning. I will have to wait until the first of the month if they are still available. Good Luck
lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 , @andrewtoo , @Brightpool 

Marylin I hope you get a chance to read this when you return to the forum, hope you are safe.

Home Chef $50 eGift Card
CAUTION ! I suggested in an earlier post to be extremely careful of some eGift cards offered by AARP Rewards in the Rewards Catalog.
Be sure to check out the cards rules before spending your hard earned points. Case in point, the $50 Home Chef eGift Card. Home Chef prepared meals are available in selected Kroger Stores, which makes selecting meals very convenient - BUT (there is always a but)
I looked into this particular cards rules and contacted Home Chef Support and discovered that you cannot use it at your local Kroger Store 😞 😞
You can redeem this eGift card ONLY at their e-commerce site - homechef.com.

(Freight charges apply by the way).
Why would AARP Rewards agree to making such an exclusion that could be so convenient to some of its members. So disappointing. 😞  😞  I understand that some of you would not consider this to be a deal breaker, especially those that do not have a Kroger, but consider this AARP and Home Chef. If it were not for that exclusion I would be dropping that 117000 rewards points faster than a fat dog could fart.
After all ain't that what them thar eGift Cards are all about, to gain new customers that will continue to purchase their product.
To be able to go into a store and physically look and make a selection of an item or items
and make that purchase based on that experience is what its all about for me. (I wear a mask, use hand sanitizer and try social distancing) 🙂 🙂 
Just Saying. Can I get an Amen

lucyp061351
Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus Amen, but I'm not sure that anybody will listen.  Wouldn't it be nice if they just went ahead and offered a $50 Kroger card; then we could buy Home Chef in the store!

@mlafayet I really like the Panera bread egift cards at $25.  Then, they were offered at $20 and I redeemed points for the $20 card (in May, I think).  However, I do remember a prior month that I purchased three $5 Amazon eGift cards because I had been disappointed with the offerings at the time.  I got the $10 Target eGift cards this month, although, it is not a store that I usually shop.

@CaliaRose I don't watch when the Hulu eGift cards are offered, but, I would be interested in some of the other channels IF I could could pay for the channels on the Amazon Prime Video television App.  I have some of these channels as an add-on to the Amazon service.  Although, I don't know if Hulu would be available on Amazon Prime Video.  A Netflix card could possibly be useful!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@andrewtoo  I'm not sure what "gift" cards would pay for the individual channels, but I paid for a year of prime with a promo code from a survey site, after obtaining a certain number of points. I don't think Hulu and Amazon are connected, at least that I'm aware of. Hulu is now owned by Disney, which makes it easy to obtain the Disney+ and ESPN+ for the discounted price, as a Hulu add-on.

The only reason I have Hulu is because of the gift code from AARP rewards; that's why it's so important to me for them to keep it around for now.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CaliaRose You can explore what's currently available for you in the catalog at: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/. If it's not listed, it's not currently available, so keep checking back. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@AARPJodeeR  But are you able to find out if it's just out of stock or if it will be unavailable for a longer period of time?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CaliaRose the $25 Hulu gift card is not currently available, we don't know when it will be available again. However, you can keep checking the catalog for updates.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@AARPDianaG

Please pass a message on that I'm asking that they restock the $25 points only Hulu card. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I really appreciate the entertainments cards too.Hula, Starz,,Sling,,etc are wonderful.I am sure these cards help a lot of people that could not afford to pay cash for the services especially now with difficult times for so many.I would like to see Netflix and Disney Plus cards offered also.The Goggle Play cards monthly.So many things to enjoy with Google Play.Please consider having those on a regular basic if possible.

Conversationalist

Whoever posted the following was not identified for some reason.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.16.28 AM.png

If someone cannot afford to pay cash for the mentioned services then why would they be subscribed to any of them in the first place? I personally eliminate any such "rewards" immediately, if it would require subscribing to a new service, when I have not already identified it as something valuable to me.  If I did purchase something with points that i do not end up using, I have effectively stolen that deal from someone who could use it, because they are limited in numbers of available "cards". 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@RussellP197074 

MemberSince2006 is my user name..As for gift cards it has nothing to do with signing up for a service.It gives people the option to enjoy something for free.For example I redeem for fandango now cards.That allows me to rent or buy movies and stream them paying with the gift card.All I had to do was sign up and add the app and that is all that is required.As far as I know you aren't required to sign up for anything that requires payment to use a gift card.Why would anyone not get a card for hula for instance when you can have 2 or 3 months free viewing for one $25 card.Maybe redeem for 3 cards and have 6 months viewing.I am sure that would help a family with a tight budget to enjoy something they might not have extra cash to pay for now.

Why would anyone purchase something with points they cant use?Anyone can use a streaming service and it takes nothing from no one.Thats what the rewards program is for.To save money and maybe enjoy something they might not otherwise be able to get.Same as redeeming for the restaurant gift cards.A free or discount on a meal is nice for all.I rarely redeem for those because most aren't in my area.

Social Butterfly

@RussellP197074 

Hey Russell

Far as I can tell that's their user name cause click on name like anyone else shows their posts and such & joined date.... so that's their identity - Member since 2006

@MemberS2006 there are several others with name begins that way

Don't think its possible to post without being member & signing up & choosing screen name

My thoughts anyway

Enjoy your day 

Ginger ;  )

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP