Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Buying cards almost always almost always errors out

Regular Contributor

Buying cards almost always almost always errors out

I've given up so many times when I wanted an AARP card because it seems like a lottery with this error that has been posted over and over since 2020 😞

Does anyone know of a way to get PAST this? I cannot call because I don't have a phone reception where I am

There was a problem with your payment. Please try again or contact AARP Rewards Support at 1-866-451-6305.

Community Concierge

@CarlosGG I understand. Let's get this escalated for further assistance from our team. I sent you a private message so we can get the additional details needed in order to escalate. Check out this thread for steps to access your private messages: How to Send a Private Message

Regular Contributor

Hey there! It worked well about 2 days ago (the 8th) but stopped working again 😕 

There was a problem with your payment. Please try again or contact AARP Rewards Support at 1-866-451-6305.

Periodic Contributor

The information on both my CC and AARP rewards match. The only difference ^might^ be the word "Ct" on my address (even though I have zero issues with other vendors as far as that's concerned), but it worked last week enough to but a hold on my CC, but not register as a transaction on AARP. 

I've tried both on Chrome (PC) and Safari (phone). 

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge

@SerenaW150755 Please try disabling any ad blockers that you may have. Here's the info we have for Chrome and Safari ad blockers: 

Chrome

At the top right, select Settings.
Under "Privacy and security," select Site Settings.
Under "Additional content settings," select Ads.
Turn off Blocked on sites that tend to show intrusive ads. 

Safari

Open up your Safari browser.
Click on Safari located in the menu bar of your browser and select Preferences. ...
Click on the Extensions button. ...
Navigate to and click on AdBlock in the list of extensions in the left pane.
Toggle the On button to Off in the Preferences window.

Regular Contributor

Hi there! we're on a Carnival ship right now. the library is full of people who tried to buy one and nobody is able to get through. I tried to get one, and 3 other members of my party did too. None of us had any success. We saw a few others in our library trying to buy them and thinking it was the ships internet. It obviously is not, we tried in the city yesterday too and its broken with a land conneciton.

This is AARP and not us. 

Regular Contributor

Adblock is disabled. Address is 100% identical (FYI I work in credit processing sometimes, and address is not part of it). But to humor AARP I did it 100% identical even Street as Street instead of St which is identical 100% to my bank. Everything 100% matches up to the account on the card from name, to capitlization, to everything.

The payment gets preauth then canceled on AARP's side. THe issue is 100% with AARP and this has been going on according to this forum for 2 years and that is concerning.

I appreciate you trying to  help, but, I think this is something your tech experts need to outsource since they havne't fixed this in two years. 

Regular Contributor

Another day. Another error. Still not working. Seems like AARP is clueless. I don't even have Allstate but I'm tempted to switch. This is kind of the sole reason I paid for a multi year membership with aarp lol 

Silver Conversationalist

Have had the same issue you are having with AARP purchases.  I was escalated to second tier tech support with no solution.  This is an issue on the AARP side, and tech support doesn't have a fix. This has been an on-going issue for at least a couple of years, and  AARP is losing money when buyers can't complete their transaction.

Conversationalist

The problem needs to be "outsourced" to the place where it is really happening, Hello World!  This never happened before the change to HW.  It has never happened to me using another rewards program that is still using the company AARP used to contract with, which I now use exclusively, because of this issue.

Periodic Contributor

For Safari, on my phone, I disabled the pop up blocker and it still didn’t work. I have no extensions. I entered my card info and submitted the transaction.

the checkout page refreshed and dumped my CC info. 
also, it doesn’t allow me to use Apple Pay.

Community Concierge

Hi all! The AARP Rewards website has been experiencing intermittent issues and we are working to resolve this as soon as possible. Your concerns may be directly related to the site issues we have been having. Please try the site again later and let me know if the problem persists. 

Contributor

I am having issues and cannot send you a private message.  I am getting the same error message and I have been able to purchase 20/25 cards.  Nothing changed, why the error? 

Contributor

Are we able to call in and order by phone with our membership and credit card information?

Community Concierge

@WendyH360141 Good question, the AARP Rewards site is the only place that you can make AARP Rewards purchases. We cannot process these transactions over the phone.

Contributor

This is a recurring problem for everyone--can you please get this fixed?

Community Concierge

@GeraldL185063 Our team is diligently working to get the site issues resolved. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we get to the bottom of it. 

Periodic Contributor

Hilarious that it's now 2024 and this issue is not resolved lol. You clearly do not care or value your customers. 

Very disheartening that I call support for assistance and they keep "escalating" as though this isn't a known issue... "we will respond to you in 3-5 business days" when we both know there is no resolution. I have to laugh at the fake ignorance on the phone, as though you're oh so surprised about my problem. This is egregious for a corporation, especially considering this is a POS issue and no other methods of payment are offered (paying via phone, Paypal, etc). Even Shopify has a better interface. Please get your developers to fix this as this is frustrating and I've never seen such horrible POS from a business. Funny that the POS works when it's time to pay for the membership 🌝 

This is at best, false advertisement, and at worst, fraud. 

Contributor

2/2024 still getting errors! It only worked when I went from firefox to chrome and switched cards

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Its over a year now and I found this thread because I am having the same problem. whats the fix?

Periodic Contributor

It's been 5 months since you posted that this problem was being worked on and it's still happening. This is horrible and really making me reconsider my membership. 

Regular Contributor

Hi Janelle. is there any news on this? We're still getting errors. 

Community Concierge

@StnicholasB224079 The site has been restored and is working properly. Let me know if you're having any issues. 

Periodic Contributor

its 11-21-23 and I am having the same issues listed in this thread 

Contributor

It’s now July 3rd 2023 and it’s still not working and still getting the same message to contact support. It worked for me one time and now no payment will go through again. 

Periodic Contributor

Nov 27 2023. And im getting this error as well. 

Community Concierge

@ThomasS686907 What error message are you receiving on the site? Please send me a private message with as much detail as possible so I can look into this: How do I send a private message. Thank you!

Periodic Contributor

It's been over 5 days. No report or update on my issue. I wonder if this will ever be fixed. It seems like it's an ongoing known issue with everyone. Can a profile be reset? I don't care about my reward point. I just wan to purchase gift cards.

Periodic Contributor

It's actually been over a year. 

It does not work 90% of the time. 

The best tip is to try several times a day, everyday until you get lucky. 

AARP is aware of the problem. This is the experience they want you to have. 

If they cared about their members, they would fix it. 

Periodic Contributor

The site is still giving the same error message 

Community Concierge

@CynthiaE81223 I appreciate you taking the time to reach out. We escalated this for you when you contacted us on Feb 23. You can expect to receive a response from our escalations team within 3-5 business days. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything I can do. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP