Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Complaints and Disappointments

Trusted Social Butterfly

AARP Rewards Complaints and Disappointments

Hello Rewards Warriors,

This post is intended to serve as a  location where members can share their complaints and disappointments.  Also, let Management know what we want to see in the catalog and voice your concerns. Let's speak up!

Hopefully, with this information in one place it'll be easier for Management to know what paying & non paying members think.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm complaining and disappointed that members were so easily lied to about the Rewards program and how much better it would be๐Ÿ˜ก, after losing all our points.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AnneG461594 

Was it the $25 Marathon gas card that gives you .25 cents off per gallon?  If that's the card you have then good luck.  I live in the South and I've been to 3 states bordering my state plus my state and nobody will accept it.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Originally I got the early Marathon cards along with Shell and BP and they were for the full $25 but then they did sneak in the .25 cents off and the same here, none of the stations would honor the cards ( Central MS ). I had to toss my away ๐Ÿ˜ž  ๐Ÿ˜ž   

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@mi4090 That is frustrating!!! If I remember right I had to burn a lot of points to get that too.  I will go to the two Marathon stations by me to try and use it before I leave.  If they don't work I will try to get it straightened out.  I use the MakeItCount app and almost have enough points to get 50 cents off per gallon - their program pays more than the Exxon Mobil one that AARP pushes here

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm disappointed and complaining that $25 gift cards for "Points Only" are gone.

How do you feel?

Super Contributor

I kept a $25 Marathon Gas card I got for points only that is REALLY going to help me on that drive down south next week, wouldn't it be great to have them at a time when EVERYONE could use one????

Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm complaining and disappointed that we as members only warrant a $5 "Points Only"  gift card from the Rewards program. 

Why are all the $10 cards Instant Wins that can't be WON?

Social Butterfly

We are actually missing top kudo'ed Posts AND top kudo'ed Authors for each forum.  I would like to see them added back to the forums.

We can't just stand back and wait for something good to happen, ya know; that never works.  We have to ask for it, ignored or not.

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

Add me to that list that would like to see top kudo'ed Posts AND top kudo'ed Authors for each forum return to it's rightful place 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm disappointed and complaining that valuable features are being removed from all forums that were helpful to members.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

• When are new rewards posted? I check in every day at midnight only to see something I would have loved to have redeemed my points for has come and gone already! It happens almost every time!
Honored Social Butterfly

'It happens almost every time!' Have you redeemed anything for points, yet? If so, what time did you redeem?  Write it down. If you only check once per day, you need to check more often. Most likely breaking the day into quarters. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Bronze Conversationalist

From my records it usually starts after noon till about 9 pm. Hardly any during the a.m. hours 'except' the first of each month when members who complete 'extra credit rewards activities' - videos and quizzes - will have early access/ preview to new gift card redemptions. 

For us 'night owls' we do get early preview of the new weekly 'instant win rewards' and you can win in early am hours. Remember if you do play once in a.m. hours, you won't be able to play again during the p.m. day hours till the next day.

๐Ÿ˜Ž   < Instant Win $10 Target gift card won in a.m. hours >

0 Kudos
Contributor

I do not know who to complain to but we have tried the customer service since the beginning of February trying to figure out why we have not received our rewards card for having a home visit by a nurse. Every year we have a home visit and every year we get a rewards card except this year. We have talked to I can't even count how many people on the so-called helpless desk which we have renamed to the helpless desk. It's not customer service for customers it's just customer service to be right you and tell you all the benefits of the AARP rewards. I really don't think anybody there cares. We even receive case numbers and they are going to get back to us in 2 to 3 days. No one ever calls back and when we call as a follow-up and give them the case number they don't have that case number anywhere on file. We are just getting lip service and we're just getting the runaround and all we want is the rewards card that is owed us. I can't find a forum to complain publicly about this so I'm using this form and hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. I am ready to lose my temper and yell at the next person we have to talk to on the phone. they have no clue on how frustrating it is to be transferred and transferred and given a new number and given a new number they don't care. They should lose their job because they're useless.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@sr50267682 Let me help! Although we at AARP do not provide insurance, weโ€™re happy to connect you to carefully chosen service providers that do. UnitedHealthcare provides the Medicare insurance plans to AARP members. We recommend calling the phone # on the back of your health insurance card for assistance with your missing rewards card from the home visit. UnitedHealthcare can also be reached at 800-506-7651. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

This sound like something to do with a United Health Care medicare policy.  Is that the case?  If it is you will probably need to contact them.  We had a United Health Care policy through my husband's employer and they offered rewards for doing certain things.  It was not part of the AARP Rewards. program.  This could be why you are not getting any help.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This is incorrect information. There was a new redemption for points just yesterday (Banana Republic), before noon, no matter what time zone in the U.S. It really is hit or miss. Which is why some members complain here. @DanZ410729 Check back more often, RE: New Gift Card Redeems! The resets for dailies, to include instant wins, redeeming points, and earning points, are no later than 11PM Pacific Time. So, checking at midnight, wherever you are, is seemingly too late. Try to check the site for daily resets at/by 11PM, based on your time zone. If on the West coast the reset time is 11PM, reset time for Mountain is 10PM, reset time for Central is 9PM, and reset time for East coast is 8PM. Write it down. As far as when you can win, or anything regarding how or what time, welcome to the AARP group, still trying to figure that out. ๐Ÿ˜‰  

Trusted Social Butterfly

It's disappointing that members can't get the "Daily Deal" and spending.  Out of luck until middle of next week.  This will be the next thing to go.  It's called an improvement ๐Ÿ˜ฎ.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm disappointed that the program has decided to remove Kudos from every Forum you can post to in the Community.

We are losing more than we're gaining.  I personally don't see this as an improvement. Status Ranking will definitely be questionable.

It's a nightmare (2) years after it began, with the promise of everything being better๐Ÿ˜ก.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I am disappointed that in year 2021 you got 3,500 points for renewing membership, and this year you only get 2,000 points. Also, you have to call Customer Service because the points aren't automatically added, and most times to get the renewal gift๐Ÿ˜ง.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090   There is currently an offer to switch to auto membership renewal for 3,500 points and get 25% off the initial year.  Not sure if additional points will be added for each renewal year. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @JoLo49 

Maybe this will help you know more about Status Rankings Structure.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/About-Our-Community/Community-Ranking-Structure/m-p/2262473?search-act...

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@JoLo49 

@mi4090 

@AARPTeri 

I would just like the same information that was presented previously concerning top Kudos.  I have used the top kudos sections repeatedly to find hot topics and informational postings that are highlighted by the total of other community member's kudos. 

Of course I can Kudos that I have received in my profile; that is not the issue.

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow!  Thanks for noticing the change!  We are constantly improving pages in the AARP Online Community as needed across all topics not specific to AARP Rewards forum.  We realized that the top kudoed authors are redundant with our ACE promotions so have made that change.  Thank you for your input regarding the change

AARPTeri
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPTeri, I agree and welcome the change.

Silver Conversationalist

@andrewtoo   You can also view other AARP member's profiles as well to see their accumulated Kudos and postings. I don't think the number of kudos accumulated is directly related to Status Ranking.   @mi4090  questioned the transparency of how the Status Ranking is determined and felt the kudos was an important factor.

The hot topics and informational postings are always highlighted in each section if they haven't been read.....that is how I find new information.   Some members are getting alerts of new postings, however, I no longer get those alerts anymore.   AARP seems to be streamlining the site, and probably noticed not many members were using the top kudos section. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm disappointed that Amazon "Points Only" gift card was buried and hidden in a newsletter during holiday season, and not placed in catalog๐Ÿ˜ฎ.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning. Did you notice they scrambled up the redeems for points today? It's a real mess. Like they are trying to hide something. They need to get rid of the Kohls gift card (which is sold out) and put something in its place TODAY and then put another gift card out to replace the ridiculous 5.00 Overstock gift card being there for over two weeks. Is nobody paying attention? STOP PLAYING GAMES WITH YOUR MEMBERS! What are you actually giving back to us, in return for us paying you for a membership? Just curious. I really had no qualms early on, not until you made it virtually impossible to get (3) different redeems for (3) different vendors. I really do not understand how anyone is ok with this scavenger hunt of a program. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm disappointed and complaining that you can only use your points to get (1) reward per vendor with max of three per month;  it use to be (3) max regardless of vendor ๐Ÿ˜ก.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm complaining about members not receiving rewards emails containing reward after using points to purchase.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP