Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call - July and August 2019

Message 51 of 194

@n566192l 

Hand pick or boiling bleach water/water mixture, or table salt.

Wear gloves unless you enjoy their scent👎.

Identification, getting rid of them - if the link works.

https://www.wikihow.com/Kill-a-Stinkhorn-Fungus

Or do google search term - “getting rid of elegant stinkhorn”

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 194

Frozen,

New Jersey has had a problem with this algae bloom. Several of our lakes have been closed to swimming this summer. However, some pet owners failed to heed the warnings dogs have passed away due to this. 

I need your help. What is Elegant Stinkhorn.? How do I safety get rid of this. Someone mentioned it was by my storage area on fort Monmouth.  Or do I just leave it be?  Thanks 😊. 

We are going to be getting some storms and high winds today. I have something funny to share. I was walking my friends 🐕, the dog started digging in this one spot..So I am thinking Mickey is making a great place to poop. Well, all of a sudden out of the ground come these flying locust. I wish I had a video of just my face when all this was happening. Just wanted to share. I had no idea locust lived underground, boy did they get the Wake up call that day.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 194

Today will be hot and steamy in the 80’s, partly thanx to the storms that hit repeatedly last night.

When the day begins in the 70’s it’s a given.

Heads up to dog owners and people in the Southeast and coast to coast (just for a little more joy) keep them out of the Algae Bloom Or Cyanobacteria Lakes, etc. Let’s hear it for warming temperatures👎.

Clean Lake would be the following vs. Algae bloom.

There’s a reason up here we wipe down props and boats before contaminating another lake, pond.

1079CEE2-B1D6-483D-AB74-8951713925B7.jpegClean non-Algae bloomed lake

https://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/09/blue-green-algae-causing-hundreds-of-dog-deaths/

Personally, I only let my guys/gals swim in clean water, where you can see to the bottom or dang close. 

And as as soon as the grass dries need to finish mowing the front yard. For all my years of chainsaws, weed whackers, etc today I’ll be reduced to machetes and crosscut battery powered for trimming some errant maples in the yard. Done in by ethanol in my saws and need to play with new seals - my language became colorful when I noticed.🤬

After that it’s back to playing pin cushion for phlebotomists. If you meet a Lefty be sure to wish them a great day - it’s our day.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 194

@n566192l. @Frozenoem 

Lobsterman in Maine catches rare, 1 in 100 million cotton candy lobster

FALMOUTH, MAINE (WHDH) - A lobsterman caught a rare cotton candy lobster off the coast of Maine last week.

The Town Landing Market in Falmouth, Maine posted a picture of the rare lobster on their Facebook page.

John, the lobsterman who caught the lobster, works for the market.

The lobster has a blue, purple, and pink color to it, just like cotton candy.

According to the market, cotton candy lobsters are a rare 1 in 100 million catch.

67819770_1624550187680258_3732024064202506240_o.jpgcotton_candy_lobster.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 194

Hi, All,

Another lovely day in the neighborhood. Sunny and 81. It was 56 when I got up this AM!

Second day with no AC at all. Lovin' this, but it won't last. Temps will be rising along with the darn humidity starting tomorrow and then of course it will bring the storms, but for right now I'm "walking on sunshine woo-ooh!" Enjoy what you can while you can! N.

cat walking in sunshine.jpg

rainbow cat.jpgRainbow cat

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 194

Frozen,

Saw on the News today about the Maine lobster man who caught the candy lobster. The colors of that lobster are phenomenal. So glad it's not going to wind up on someone's dinner plate. Nature is so cool

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 194

66* and sunny. Will be having 70’s and 80’s days but, our saving feature for weather is 50* nights, good for sleeping.

@n566192l 

Will attempt a call perhaps on Monday, awaiting my talking voice to return. Only communications I’ve had for last 2-3 weeks have been texts or emails. Breathing has been a bugger, breathe ribs move😡.

If you could get past typing with thumbs🤣, it’s easier than speaking at times. Besides when  in spotty areas for cell reception (speaking) texts do generally go out.😇

@LaDolceVita 

For walks in the woods, if nervous buy a can of bear spray, and a whistle (legal in all 50 states and Canada) But, must be labeled as “Bear spray”.$40 or less.

I like the bears up here, they leave when they smell/ hear/see  you or dogs coming. Or vice versa. Unless they have cubs then it’s a whole nother ballgame.

When hunting season comes, suggest bright “Orange vests, gloves and hats for you. Vests for dogs” No pink only orange, not dressing for fashion but, survival.

Have had more than few people mistaken for deer, because they were wearing white mittens and hanging clothes on the line. Amazes me Everytime a flatlander or someone from away (out of stater) shoots a dog, cat, cow, horse or person because they saw movement and didn’t wait to see what moved.🤬

There’s a word that springs to mind when that happens. 

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 194

@n566192l, thanks for the offer of cat goodies.  I sent you a PM for more info.  No prob with forgetting my name.  I forget names, even without meds!  Woman Very Happy

@LaDolceVita, are those black bear sightings?  They are generally not aggressive, except they get more wary with their kids in tow.  They don't like loud noises, so screaming may be a good thing.  I like to sing when hiking and I spot a bear, but then, I scare all wildlife and other hikers away.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 194

Greetings,

I did send out the orange vests I have with boxes. I think I forget to give people tracking numbers. UPS said delivery should be there Tuesday. Frozen, just waiting to hear back from you about the different types of coffee.  Sorry, medication. But, I do keep my word.  Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 194

Doing penance here in the southeast for living in Camelot during much of the year.   This is the weather I love to hate, the HHH!   It simply does not feel good to go outside.  Six more days of it but the weather folks trick you this time of year and a heat wave usually lasts longer than they initially let on.

Two bear sightings reported near the homestead by our friendly neighbor.  I do not know the time frame.  Makes me rethink those walks in the wood with the dogs.  I do not think bears respect the orange & yellow vests that the dogs will be wearing or the bright pink one that I am planning to wear.    If I see a snake I usually scream & run.  I dont think that is a good idea with a bear.   Smiley Embarassed:  Smiley Embarassed   I like to think that I am a country girl but I guess I am just a wannabe. 

@n566192l  hopefully you will be your old self soon.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season