Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call - July and August 2019

Message 71 of 194

Dave,

I think I saw on the news tonight, It was National Lighthouse day. I hope you are doing well. Nancy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 194

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Wednesday of August 2019. The tornado sirens went off for our monthly alert at noon today. We are looking at temperatures in the lower 70's over the next few days. The outlook for golf tomorrow morning is good. 

Hoping everyone is able to adjust to the epidemic we are facing in this country! We seem to be so far from any partisan agreement. Sorry, enough for this topic here on the Porch today. 

good-night-card-for-friends-5.jpgFB_IMG_1548878744862.jpgFB_IMG_1486670620530.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 194

Afternoon all 75* and sunny won’t be heating up until later👍.

Sleeping has been interesting 50’s, makes me greatful for New England.

Tuckermans Ravine will lose its snowpack in another week, that’s around an hour away in White Mountains Of NH. Might be a reason they call the Mountain white.

Havent required much air conditioning luckily, 3 days were enough.

@LaDolceVita 

We pretty much have all been down the caregiving pathway, some are easier than others to attend to.

I pity the poor person that deals with me when ai hit that stage in life. And now need to return to being poked and prodded.🤣

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 194

Hi, Everyone!

Happy Friendship Day!

Hot but tolerable today...listen to me who is sitting inside with the AC on. LOLCat LOL It's sunny and 86, feeling like 88. Humidity is only 44%. Headed back into the 90's later this week.

Actually it was freezing in the Acme (food store) this AM. One of those days you don't want to spend too much time in the yogurt aisle. Yikes! Forgot my long sleeved shirt today.

Of course when I came out of the Acme, my glasses started to steam up!

@LaDolceVita ...I feel for you. Sure wish you had more relief than you have. Cat Sad

Hope everyone is enjoying a perfect day. N.

friendship day.jpgTo all our friends on the PORCH!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 194

@LaDolceVita, I'm so sorry you're having to go through where I have been. I won't offer any advice here because you have not asked for any and we each have to choose how to handle caregiving and the press of it.  But what I do offer you is my empathy and encouragement and a prayer for your continued strength and loving resolve.  May you be blessed as you strive to be a blessing for your mom. 

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 194

Storms this morning so its going to be humid but I guess that is nothing new.  Weekends do not bring me any relief.  Mom is a terribly demanding invalid, it has been 17 months now and she is more impatient than she was.  She asks for something to be brought to her, I go downstairs to get it and she is already hollering for more attention.  Cannot be alone for very long.  Her companion takes 2 hour  smoking breaks which I cannot complain about, but I have tons to do & cannot just sit with her.  No fun to be me.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 194

Hello, Porch Peeps,

81 here, feeling like 84, so not bad at all. Out for breakfast with friends this AM and didn’t even have to put the AC on in the car. Could blast my Beach Boys with the windows open and I started to feel young again if only for the few minutes in the car!

Haven’t been paying too close attention to the weather, but there may be isolated storms. We seem to have missed most of the bad ones lately, so knocking on wood to keep them out of our little pocket here.

Thinking about the pool a bit, but then look out back and see grass and smile at the relief I feel at not having to face potential problems.

Hope everyone has a healthy and safe weekend. N.

cat and weekend.jpgAhhhh!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 194

@LydiaN586309 

It’s possible the phlebotomist was a vampire, I guess. I got a tad paranoid after she stuck the glass needle in my arm. Less so, after being bled no pain or even an itch. 

63* and sunny I think I’ll miss the  

parade and events today. Absolutely no desire to be jostled by crowds, I’ll watch the old cars from comfort of the house.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 194

To Our Front Porchers Everywhere!

Here's me............

Aut oh, maybe too late!   I hope I'm just dreaming about a cool wet body of water and am not a "body" in a cool wet spot!

Anyway......

Wake up!  Let's get it in gear, Porch Peepers!!!

Post Script to @Frozenoem : If in fact you had 30 vials of blood drawn at one time, I'm thinking perhaps you were in a vampire's den as opposed to a doctor's office.  But then again, what do I know?!!

Cheesy Grin

Lyds

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 194

Hi, Peeps, Happy Friday!

We're getting a break today...no storms yet and it's 82, feels like 84 which is no biggie at all and the best... with lower humidity...really nice!

@LydiaN586309 ...I do have to have some milk, 3 creams is too many, but gosh darn cute! Cat LOL

@DaveMcK ...Coffee is always perfect, or is that Purrfect? Cat Wink N.

Purrfect coffee.jpgAhh, coffee!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera