Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Morning Roll Call - July and August 2019 CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

Morning Roll Call - July and August 2019 CLOSED

CLOSED - PLEASE USE SEPTEMBER- OCTOBER 

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Welcome to July 2019. We had a strong Sunday morning storm to ring out the month of June on the Front Porch! Welcome to July 2019. Going to be a busy day tomorrow if we do not have more rain. Remember that May - June are CLOSED now.

Nevertheless+I+Live_+June+Wrap+Up+&+July+Plans+by+A+Love+Worth+Living+For+Blog+&+Shop.jpeg61243547_643182779486681_2673156665431293952_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

69* and raining.

@LaDolceVita 

Best I can say is keep looking for hair person for your mother. Geez hired a hairdresser for my mother to go in and see her for normal charge and healthy tip.

Not that knowledgeable on rates for hairdressing/ perms/etc. My idea of getting styled is a haircut at the senior rate.

Are you living in the land of more than 5,000 people, sounds like city pricing. I think my saving feature with mother was bringing village (pop. 750) hairdresser to her, and paying mileage, as well.

@DaveMcK 

Re: Epidemic still don’t see a change happening for the better, until GOP start having things happen near their kin.

Like TX rep whose daughter and friend were drinking across from shooting in El Paso is presently thinking change is required.

Might be PD training leaking out but, still think 100-250 round mag is ludicrous for plinking.

Gotta go, it’s that time again.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Good morning , Porch Peeps. Happy International Cat Day!

Sunny, 77, and just a little sticky after storms went through yesterday afternoon and evening. Lots of training going so there were many flooded roads in the area and tons of water rescues. Fog this AM may have caused a small plane to crash in someone's backyard near here...no survivors. Cat Sad I'll have to ask my friend if she heard the crash.

@LaDolceVita ...YIKES! That hairdresser's price is not even close to being acceptable! Is there a senior services department in your area? Maybe you could call them for some suggestions.

Nothing else exciting going on here. N.

A day just for me? WOW!A day just for me? WOW!

Look, up in the sky. Is it a bird?...Is it a plane? It's SuperCat!Look, up in the sky. Is it a bird?...Is it a plane? It's SuperCat!

Recognized Social Butterfly

Catwoman,

Great pictures. Happy international cat day to you. I forget the name of the nice lady who sets up igloos for the feral cats in her area. I am so sorry. Just new medication. Happy 🐈 day to you too. If I didn't hear a noise coming from my trunk, I never would have mailed out boxes. I just did today. Hope everyone is doing well and that you are safe. I just hope all of this crazy shooting stops. Time to plant flowers. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l 

Best guess for feral cat igloos here, would be @MsStretch.

@catwoman500 

Best guess for AARP games working is you got an update for Java to your computer.

I generally leave mine off, but, sometimes allow it to run when needed for watching TV channels or some games, by internet.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Yep, I would be the one with Kitty Kamp and the assorted kitty huts and igloos.  Was just out brushing two of the little darlings. 

Now I've got my little indoor compatriot proofreading as I type. 

lkjsef0329(*)Hdwoq)#**^%  (Doesn't alway work out too well.)

Maybe we'll have a little party later in honor of International Cat Day, complete with t-r-e-a-t-s.  Ah yes, they know that word.

MsStretch,

Sorry, I forget your name. Just new medication. But I wanted to let you know that I have 🐈 supplies if you would like. I can UPS them to you. Great thing you do. I mustly get donations for 🐕 , however, while I was away box and boxes of 🐈 items came. Just wanted to share. Nancy.

Great weekend in New Jersey. Just at the storage unit trying to make room. 

Frozen, I have all Coffee. Just let me know. 

Hope everyone is doing great

Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

66* and sunny. Will be having 70’s and 80’s days but, our saving feature for weather is 50* nights, good for sleeping.

@n566192l 

Will attempt a call perhaps on Monday, awaiting my talking voice to return. Only communications I’ve had for last 2-3 weeks have been texts or emails. Breathing has been a bugger, breathe ribs move😡.

If you could get past typing with thumbs🤣, it’s easier than speaking at times. Besides when  in spotty areas for cell reception (speaking) texts do generally go out.😇

@LaDolceVita 

For walks in the woods, if nervous buy a can of bear spray, and a whistle (legal in all 50 states and Canada) But, must be labeled as “Bear spray”.$40 or less.

I like the bears up here, they leave when they smell/ hear/see  you or dogs coming. Or vice versa. Unless they have cubs then it’s a whole nother ballgame.

When hunting season comes, suggest bright “Orange vests, gloves and hats for you. Vests for dogs” No pink only orange, not dressing for fashion but, survival.

Have had more than few people mistaken for deer, because they were wearing white mittens and hanging clothes on the line. Amazes me Everytime a flatlander or someone from away (out of stater) shoots a dog, cat, cow, horse or person because they saw movement and didn’t wait to see what moved.🤬

There’s a word that springs to mind when that happens. 

Froze

Frozen,

Saw on the News today about the Maine lobster man who caught the candy lobster. The colors of that lobster are phenomenal. So glad it's not going to wind up on someone's dinner plate. Nature is so cool

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All,

Another lovely day in the neighborhood. Sunny and 81. It was 56 when I got up this AM!

Second day with no AC at all. Lovin' this, but it won't last. Temps will be rising along with the darn humidity starting tomorrow and then of course it will bring the storms, but for right now I'm "walking on sunshine woo-ooh!" Enjoy what you can while you can! N.

cat walking in sunshine.jpg

Rainbow catRainbow cat

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l, thanks for the offer of cat goodies.  I sent you a PM for more info.  No prob with forgetting my name.  I forget names, even without meds!  Woman Very Happy

@LaDolceVita, are those black bear sightings?  They are generally not aggressive, except they get more wary with their kids in tow.  They don't like loud noises, so screaming may be a good thing.  I like to sing when hiking and I spot a bear, but then, I scare all wildlife and other hikers away.

Doing penance here in the southeast for living in Camelot during much of the year.   This is the weather I love to hate, the HHH!   It simply does not feel good to go outside.  Six more days of it but the weather folks trick you this time of year and a heat wave usually lasts longer than they initially let on.

Two bear sightings reported near the homestead by our friendly neighbor.  I do not know the time frame.  Makes me rethink those walks in the wood with the dogs.  I do not think bears respect the orange & yellow vests that the dogs will be wearing or the bright pink one that I am planning to wear.    If I see a snake I usually scream & run.  I dont think that is a good idea with a bear.   Smiley Embarassed:  Smiley Embarassed   I like to think that I am a country girl but I guess I am just a wannabe. 

@n566192l  hopefully you will be your old self soon.

Greetings,

I did send out the orange vests I have with boxes. I think I forget to give people tracking numbers. UPS said delivery should be there Tuesday. Frozen, just waiting to hear back from you about the different types of coffee.  Sorry, medication. But, I do keep my word.  Nancy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, It's me again...

I forgot to mention…yesterday when I got the AARP newsletter I saw a link to the game area and just for kicks I just clicked on it expecting to get the blank page that I’ve been getting since they “improved” the games, but lo and behold, just like my ability to post photos miraculously returned, the AARP games are available again on my browser! Go figure! Cat Very Happy

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Friday of August! We are having a great run of weather with high temperatures around 80 and with lows around 60 and no rain. 

Golf was not great as it seemed my putter died!

85014706 (1).jpeg

Oh well that is golf! Next week will be better, I hope!

Hoping everyone has a great weekend and may you coffee be perfect!

FB_IMG_1470321256544.jpg347672-Chipmunk-Weekend-Greeting.jpgFB_IMG_1534553269081.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Peeps, Happy Friday!

We're getting a break today...no storms yet and it's 82, feels like 84 which is no biggie at all and the best... with lower humidity...really nice!

@LydiaN586309 ...I do have to have some milk, 3 creams is too many, but gosh darn cute! Cat LOL

@DaveMcK ...Coffee is always perfect, or is that Purrfect? Cat Wink N.

Ahh, coffee!Ahh, coffee!

Honored Social Butterfly

Goodbye-July-Hello-August-Beautiful-Pics (1).jpgFB_IMG_1552530914945.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning Front Porch Peepers!

The week has been a good one thus far and Friday is just a day away.  So I'm doing my...Dance Dancing GIF - Dance Dancing Minion GIFshappy dance cuz that's the way I feel today!

Hope all is well with everybody out there on The Porch.  Be well and be good to you!

Lydia

Greetings,

I watched a News clip of a rehabilitated sea turtle being set free from Point Pleasant. I am sure this turtle was doing its Happy dance. .. Love to see things like this.  Be well and happy. We live in changing times. Bulletproof backpacks. For one

@Frozenoem   I hope Chelli can come home soon.  I do not do well without my dogs.  Happy August everyone.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

I really hear you on absence from dogs. Unfortunately, minimum 2 months or longer.

First tests this am - and feel like I’m down a quart for blood draws, 30 vials.

Think I need warmth it’s only 78* and a nap . The heck with the lawn.

Froze 

Honored Social Butterfly

To Our Front Porchers Everywhere!

Here's me............

Aut oh, maybe too late!   I hope I'm just dreaming about a cool wet body of water and am not a "body" in a cool wet spot!

Anyway......

Wake up!  Let's get it in gear, Porch Peepers!!!

Post Script to @Frozenoem : If in fact you had 30 vials of blood drawn at one time, I'm thinking perhaps you were in a vampire's den as opposed to a doctor's office.  But then again, what do I know?!!

Cheesy Grin

Lyds

Honored Social Butterfly

@LydiaN586309 

It’s possible the phlebotomist was a vampire, I guess. I got a tad paranoid after she stuck the glass needle in my arm. Less so, after being bled no pain or even an itch. 

63* and sunny I think I’ll miss the  

parade and events today. Absolutely no desire to be jostled by crowds, I’ll watch the old cars from comfort of the house.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Porch Peeps,

81 here, feeling like 84, so not bad at all. Out for breakfast with friends this AM and didn’t even have to put the AC on in the car. Could blast my Beach Boys with the windows open and I started to feel young again if only for the few minutes in the car!

Haven’t been paying too close attention to the weather, but there may be isolated storms. We seem to have missed most of the bad ones lately, so knocking on wood to keep them out of our little pocket here.

Thinking about the pool a bit, but then look out back and see grass and smile at the relief I feel at not having to face potential problems.

Hope everyone has a healthy and safe weekend. N.

Ahhhh!Ahhhh!

Storms this morning so its going to be humid but I guess that is nothing new.  Weekends do not bring me any relief.  Mom is a terribly demanding invalid, it has been 17 months now and she is more impatient than she was.  She asks for something to be brought to her, I go downstairs to get it and she is already hollering for more attention.  Cannot be alone for very long.  Her companion takes 2 hour  smoking breaks which I cannot complain about, but I have tons to do & cannot just sit with her.  No fun to be me.  

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita, I'm so sorry you're having to go through where I have been. I won't offer any advice here because you have not asked for any and we each have to choose how to handle caregiving and the press of it.  But what I do offer you is my empathy and encouragement and a prayer for your continued strength and loving resolve.  May you be blessed as you strive to be a blessing for your mom. 

Lydia

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Everyone!

Happy Friendship Day!

Hot but tolerable today...listen to me who is sitting inside with the AC on. LOLCat LOL It's sunny and 86, feeling like 88. Humidity is only 44%. Headed back into the 90's later this week.

Actually it was freezing in the Acme (food store) this AM. One of those days you don't want to spend too much time in the yogurt aisle. Yikes! Forgot my long sleeved shirt today.

Of course when I came out of the Acme, my glasses started to steam up!

@LaDolceVita ...I feel for you. Sure wish you had more relief than you have. Cat Sad

Hope everyone is enjoying a perfect day. N.

To all our friends on the PORCH!To all our friends on the PORCH!

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon all 75* and sunny won’t be heating up until later👍.

Sleeping has been interesting 50’s, makes me greatful for New England.

Tuckermans Ravine will lose its snowpack in another week, that’s around an hour away in White Mountains Of NH. Might be a reason they call the Mountain white.

Havent required much air conditioning luckily, 3 days were enough.

@LaDolceVita 

We pretty much have all been down the caregiving pathway, some are easier than others to attend to.

I pity the poor person that deals with me when ai hit that stage in life. And now need to return to being poked and prodded.🤣

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Okay!   Now that I've got THAT out of my system...

Good Morning, Front Porchers!!!

It is the weekend and I am sooooooo happy that it is!   It's been a long and grueling week for me and I am ready for some R & R.  So today I'm gonna take it easy and hang close to home.  Maybe I'll take in a movie later on this evening.  Wanna see that new Rock and Jason Stratham movie.  I love the Fast and Furious series and I love fast cars even though I drive a Flintstone-mobile myself.

Then tomorrow I hope to have rested up enough to take a little state-to-state road trip--just for the day.  Driving down to Ohio to take care of a little business and then see a few sights.  We shall see what we shall see.

Anyway Porch Peepers,  be good to yourselves and enjoy the weekend and have fun!

Oh, and as for me @catwoman500, I like my coffee with three creams

for that just puurrfectly carmel color!  Ummmm, delicious!  Smile.

Lydia

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Everyone!

Happy August. How did it get here so fast?

Storms yesterday and more to come today, but at least it broke the heat wave for a little bit. I was able to have my bedroom windows open last night.

Met my friend at Starbucks for a chat. I had a Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher. It was very tasty!

Another heat wave looming for next week. Dog days of August? How about Cat days of August? N.

Coffee time!Coffee time!

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon all,

Back to heat indexes today. 91* and sunny with scattered sprinkles.

Managed to mow 3/4 of side yard under partly cloudy skies, then came the sun. Note: to self only turn left, right is expletive laden.

Chelli is on vacation with my ex for the next 2-6 months, until this bs is straightened out, through medical science.

Hope to finish mowing tomorrow or before next heat advisory day, at least before Friday and old home days in town. Otherwise I know lawn police will be heard from.

Frankly Scarlett, bring ‘em on, Think my mood may be easily triggered.

Froze

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP