Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018 CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018 CLOSED

Due to timing issues I am making the change to NOVEMBER-DECEMBER early!

341019-Witch-Turkey-Goodbye-October-Welcome-November-Quote.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem... Trouble is with posting. Each time, I follow all of the things you wrote and it looks like the photo will be in the post, but when I click on the final "Post," the photo never appears in the post.

For example, this will be a photo of a coffee cup:

Bet it doesn't show up.

Right now, before I click to post this, the photo is right here. N

Honored Social Butterfly

What are you using to send and what is it’s operating system.

With iPhone’s I need to put a checkmark in the selected picture, then 

I might have forgotten to say the magic word before post, of saying , scroll up, click done, then post.078B2B95-D886-4750-ADF3-967F3CFB4D92.jpeg

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem...I'm so not a tech person, so not sure what an "operating system" is, but I was able to post my photos on this forum up until about a year or so ago, and then it just stopped working for me. I post from my desktop computer using the Windows version that came before Windows 10. My internet browser thingie is Internet Explorer.

I sell on Ebay and have no trouble posting my photos there right from my hard drive files, so not sure what happened for AARP that it stopped working. Each time I set it up, it looks like it will post and then it doesn't. N.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch today! Can we take a moment  to remember my Fellow Veterans that are deployed this Christmas Holiday today.  

FB_IMG_1545405316630.jpgFB_IMG_1545405466085.jpgFB_IMG_1545403730727.jpgFB_IMG_1545405550072.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning, All,

It's so cold in the house, but when I opened the door to get the paper, this warmth hit me in the face. It's 63! Winter arrives in a few hours and we are having April-like temps...but not for long they say.

My stepson sent me an Oregon Riviera pear box last week, and I had the first one for breakfast this morning. I LOVE those things. If you aren't familiar with them, they are the ones you can cut in half and eat with a spoon right out of the skin. What great flavor they have.

I have more wrapping yet to do and I was thinking about making cookies, but the baking urge hasn't really hit me yet. Cat Tongue

Wishing good safe weather for everyone. Need more coffee. Still can't get any photos on this thing. N.

Trusted Contributor

Recently, I moved to the Sierras in northern California where just a few days before Christmas, I am surrounded by winter’s glory of snow peaked mountains and a cobalt blue lake. Currently, I am working on three books of poetry, short stories, and a memoir. I am also teaching myself how to read music so I can entertain myself on a coveted keyboard my son gave me for Christmas last year. Every day, my goal is to keep learning. It can help improve your performance on a number of tasks and, I find that the more I practice a new skill, the more I learn; funny how that works.

Recognized Social Butterfly

@marieteresa01  Welcome to the Front Porch.    Would love to see some pictures oin the Sierras!

Rain and clouds continue here in the southeast.  More of the same in the forecast, with perhaps a sunny day here and there.  The temps are high 40s and low 50s so not too bad, no long john weather.   Wanted to ride up to the homestead but afraid of traffic and prefer sunny days for driving.  I have plenty of chores here so I will stay busy. 

@Frozenoem  Good news on the health front?  You have not mentioned any falls only healing recently so I feel hopeful that you have received some acceptible medication? 

@catwoman500  I have seen 2 episodes of the Woman in White.  Follows the movie I have seen very closely. 

@DaveMcK  Great Christmas dog pictures a few days back.  I like to think of warm and happy pets at Christmas, there are enough sad animals at the shelters.

Honored Social Butterfly

32* and raining, puddles and GoreTex boots. With a side of ice.

@LaDolceVita

I wish on the med’s none made.

The only meds are for pain, everything in moderation.

January 11 expletives flow for next round of tests, if it’s what I suspect deep do doo. Lifetime joy. Sarcasm 402🤣.

Need Fire, hope I succeed.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

@Frozenoem  Well I hope you suspect wrong then.  Stay safe in the cold, no falling, that sounds quite dangerous.

After 7 months on hospice and one close call (pneumonia)  my mom is stable once again.  She has lost much weight and she looks wrinkled.  She is in no pain, asks for small amounts of food and we give her broth, coffee  and yogurt.  Everything else goes through the tube.  It could be worse.  She turned 82 a couple of weeks ago. 

We have sun and frost on the ground.  I am wishing for a few days of continued sun.  We will see.  Highs in the low 50s, lows in the lowish thirties, normal winter here.  You know I complain more if it gets away from normal.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your comments. While photography is not one of my strong suits, I can offer a plethora of photos that I now call home. Just copy the short link into your browser: goo.gl/uphkiJ

Honored Social Butterfly

Good Thursday morning on the Front Porch to everyone out there! We had light rain over night. We are starting out the day with light shows at 39*. The long Christmas weekend will be in the 30's and almost no chance of rain. FB_IMG_1545179403629.jpgFB_IMG_1545179388384.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Mornin', Porch Peeps!

37 here and cloudy. Those clouds are apparently bringing in a huge rain storm later that will last until Saturday morning. It's a shame since the temp will reach 60 on Friday, but nobody will be able to enjoy it with all the precip. The good thing is that it will be at least partly sunny on Christmas with no chance of snow.

I'm off in a few minutes to buy the wine for Christmas. Cheers! N.

Honored Social Butterfly

18* and the heat wave will continue, perhaps.

@LydiaN586309

According to broker/roaster of beans just back from Asia, close but, more like this.Asian palm civetAsian palm civet

@LaDolceVita

At a few bucks per pound for free, I don’t care which end it comes from. It’s good, beside roasting beans kills most bad things and merely enhances the beans/cherries.

Now, I need to plan first shopping expedition in 2 months.

The larder is empty and eggs I’ve grown weary of.

Froze 

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Time to check out some Winter porch decorations. 

FB_IMG_1545179448629.jpgFB_IMG_1545179458802.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for pics of sunset

Well,  Front Porches,  I missed morning roll call.  But at least we all can share in this beautiful view being enjoyed by somebody in the world right now.  Eventide.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning,  Front Porchers!

It is a good day!  I awoke to sunshine and patches of blue sky peeking through white/grey clouds.  It's 35 degrees right now, but we're looking for a high of 38. At least, it's above freezing.  So I am happy.  I have already fortified myself with a large cup of sugary, cream-colored coffee (means there was more cream than coffee).  And I've already tackled my first project of the day--cleaning out my refrigerator's small top freezer. All expired, half eaten, or never opened packages (those swelling with freezer burned veggies inside) were dispelled to the garbage and the plastics to the recycling bin.  After a thorough wiping clean and replacing of the salvaged items, the freezer looks most useable now--ready to be filled with new edibles.  

Oh my, in the time it took me to write these few words, both the sun and the blue skies have lost their battle with the clouds. Do they look like snow clouds?

Grey, grey go away.

Don't come back any day!

Well,  I never claimed to be a poet just a wishful thinker. Smile.

Be well one and all!

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

30* and snowing, think it’s going to be a really long night/day🤣.

I’m alive and working with self adhesive heating pads, called survival.

Great news temps have risen from single digits, it’s a heatwave.

Canes are ready, today it’s a belt change again on snowblower.

enjoy the coffees brewing, won’t say which end of the civet there from.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Froze!

Is this the civet of which you speak???

Honored Social Butterfly

Hey Y'all!

It's not morning, but I'm still here!  Smile.

Love your pics Dave!

Take care everyone!

Honored Social Butterfly

Morning Roll Call!!! Who's still on the Front Porch?

FB_IMG_1543763951702.jpgFB_IMG_1538783988837.jpgFB_IMG_1543981284954.jpgFB_IMG_1543788714827.jpgFB_IMG_1543788678190.jpgThe dogs in our livesThe dogs in our lives

Dave,

What great pictures of the fur babies. Just so sweet. Just raining here in New Jersey . I have to go to the Weekly share for Food Not Bombs later today.

Stay safe and warm

Trusted Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK...Cute fur babies!

Wish I could be out on the real front porch with a cup of coffee, but unfortunately at this time of the year, the temps do not cooperate. We are haveng a rainy weekend. Plus the temps dropped and the wind picked up. The Grinch on the lawn across the street took a tumble last night. Cat LOL

It's 39 again and feeling like 33...not too bad, but with the rain that will continue into tonight and the wind, it is not pleasant at all out there.

Stay warm and dry, everyone! N.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! We are starting off the day with fog and a temp of31*. Clearing skies and a high of 40*. Lower 40's this weekend. May everyone have a restful weekend. 

FB_IMG_1544043464924.jpgFB_IMG_1464981566041.jpgFB_IMG_1517077085377.jpgFB_IMG_1534625529549.jpg

Greetings All

Well, I am just finishing up wrapping up the donations for the veterans day. I will be driving them to the veterans new apartments , and helping them get see for the Holidays. Today is warm put over cast in New Jersey. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All,

Today we are sacrificing the sun for some warmer temps. It's 50 right now, but the rain has started. We are expected to have a rainy weekend. Cat Sad

Trying to get the rest of the inside decorations put in place and trying to organize Christmas gifts so I can begin wrapping soon. I'm in the holiday mood after stopping for my Skinny peppermint Mocha at Starbucks this morning.

Ok, there's the dryer buzzer...have to go down and bring up that load.

Have a great weekend. Stay safe! N.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Front Porchers!

Rough night last night. A lot of sleep disturbance. So I'm slow getting up this morning.  But at least it's sunny outside and after the temps having hovered in the teens earlier in the week, I'm happy to report a heat wave at 33 degrees.  Smile.

Anyway, the garage roof is totally finished and looks good. Now, the rains can come and the insides will be dry.  However, snow is still not welcome!

Wishing everyone a good day and calm weather.  Be well.

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Mornin', Everyone!

A cloudy day here. It' 37 but feels like 33. Not bad since we'll be zooming into the 40's later. Yesterday was a gorgeous day, but cold. Glad I went out to do the end of my Christmas shopping. I'm almost finished. YAY!

Unfortunately when I went to the basement yesterday to throw in a wash I heard this trickle of water. There's a bucket under some pipe coming out of the heater, and I was supposed to be watching it to see if there was too much water coming out. So I have been sporadically checking and dumping the littel bit of water that was in the bucket, but this was the first time I ever saw the water actually trickling out. Called my heater comaony and the guys came out and had to replace some valve. I think he had told me to keep an eye on it earlier because he didn't want to have to charge me for the expensive fix. ($486!) So he was very sorry when he presented the bill to me. And this was the heating/AC customer price. He said if I wasn't a contracted customer it would have been a couple hundred more. YIKES!

So just what I need at this time of the year on top of all the money spent on gifts.

Anyway, at least the heater was still sending out heat and it will be fine for the winter.

I need coffee. Have a good day whatever you are going to do! N.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! We are starting out the day with clear skies and a high ot 35*. I came across an internet phoo which I think is a real "hoot". Hoping everyone has a great day and a restful night. Who isstill being dug out from the big snow storm?

FB_IMG_1544538478818.jpgFB_IMG_1544492621942.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! We are starting out the day with clear skies and a high ot 35*. I came across an internet phoo which I think is a real "hoot". Hoping everyone has a great day and a restful night. Who isstill being dug out from the big snow storm?

FB_IMG_1544538478818.jpgFB_IMG_1544492621942.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

No problem on my gender identity, male last I checked.

Not quite Sasquatch either only relatively hairy, hairier when still wearing kilt and performing in bagpipe band.

Those day ended thankfully, many years past.Guess someday I may update my profile picture.

And on that cheery note, I need to start a fire, humidity is rising and Woodfire is calling.

Froze

aka John

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP