Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018

Message 61 of 160

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! We are starting out the day with clear skies and a high ot 35*. I came across an internet phoo which I think is a real "hoot". Hoping everyone has a great day and a restful night. Who isstill being dug out from the big snow storm?

FB_IMG_1544538478818.jpgFB_IMG_1544492621942.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 160

@DaveMcK  Last  time I posted a picture it was fine, a few days after Thanksgiving. 

@catwoman500I was interested in finding out what you thought of the last episode of the Durrells.  I think my question was buried in a post when you were not being notified?   Anyway, I watched the "Woman in White" 1st episode and I was right, I had very recently watched a movie on PBS with the same title.

We are off to the homestead for a day at the court house and to pick up and carry away more trash.  There was snow up there this weekend and it is probably muddy!

@FrozenoemOnly problem with being tall is that you have farther to fall!   I am 5 ft and do fall sometimes but usually no ill effects,  I just get mad.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 160

@LaDolceVita Do you get a message when you try to post a picture? If so what is it?

I have photo posting issues from time to time so let me know. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 160

No problem on my gender identity, male last I checked.

Not quite Sasquatch either only relatively hairy, hairier when still wearing kilt and performing in bagpipe band.

Those day ended thankfully, many years past.Guess someday I may update my profile picture.

And on that cheery note, I need to start a fire, humidity is rising and Woodfire is calling.

Froze

aka John

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 160

@LaDolceVita...yes. I chuckled, too when I read that @LydiaN586309 thought Froze was a "she." Cat Wink We're all good here, so no offense is ever taken and we are kind of blind when it comes to the folks participating. You don't know me; I don't know you, but it's all good.

Today I went out for Christmas lunch with our Game Night girls. We have a tradition of going to this lovely inn where they decorate so beautifully. Wish I could post a photo, but AARP stopped working for me when it comes to photos.  I get them all ready, or so I think and then it posts only what I say and no photo. Oh, well.

Take care everyone.

Oh, @Frozenoem...I found a cane spike thing on Amazon so will probably order it soon. Looks kind of like a bayonet when it is in the "up" position! Cat LOL

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 160

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch! It's been cold but no snow here for a while. Looking forward to my retired employees Christmas lunch tomorrow. It is always good to see those you knew and worked with for up to 30 years this time of year. Great to keep in contact with those you know in person or by the internet. 

FB_IMG_1542552696199.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 160

Haha @Frozenoem and @LydiaN586309  I am glad that Froze himself corrected you about himself.  I was going to tell you that he is a man, quite large and hairy.  Of course I do not really know whether he is hairy, just the picture of a guy I get when I think of Maine and cold and snow.  Facial hair would help keep you warm.  Sorry Froze I am kidding and I was laughing while I was composing that post.  Anyway, so glad you are better.  Please stay that way whatever horrid tests you have to have.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 160

Dear Frozenoem,

Sorry about the misidentification there.  I've been on these boards only a few months, but I just assumed.....   Well, as you and I both know,  one should never assume!  So I do apologize.  In any case, I'm just glad to hear you're up and about and feeling better!  And thanx for the info/suggestion  on the roof replacement. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 160

@LydiaN586309

First I’m a he, 6’4” and upright for first time in a month. My lung is happy again.

If your roof is covered with tarpaper, beneath shingles might happen again.

If plastic peel and stick membrane it’s indestructible, then shingles 30 years of happiness.

My garage roof needs new shingles, as well or metal but, no leaks thanks to membrane. Come Sprinh not disturbing the 2’ of snow atop.

@n566192l

It’s warm today last night lows of -2* and I was busy keep the stove going. Today warmed to 28*, feel hibernation is over for now.

Awoke to a fur ball beside me @ my shoulder, think she may have been cold.

Now I require caffeine, and trip to store.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 160

LydiaN586309

Glad to hear that progress has begun on your garage roof. Boy, it's long john weather all over the porch  today. It's overcast and cold in Jersey.  Frozenoem, I second what LydiaN586309, posted. Lydia has a the right idea with the glistening sun opening her post. Please stay safe and warm and happy.

Nancy

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors