Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MAY - JUNE 2020

Message 101 of 221

Hello from Good Old Sunny Pa. Today. 242284-Good-Morning-Gif.gif Big Colored Letters.gif

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 221

@catwoman500   The periodontist does not sound like  any fun  and I am sorry you having to face that.  I had to have a root canal a few years back and I took 1/3 of mom's tranquilizer.  I behaved very well with that.  My dentist offers a prescription before I have anything other than a filling as he prefers not working on a moving target.   I am not a good patient for doctor or dentist.   PPE for $11, what next!

Have a nice day porchers.  We are having lovely weather here, no real heat except for 1 day this month.  Summer will start for real on Monday I hear.  @Frozenoem  it seems the weather in your locale goes from snowy to down right hot. Does spring just last a day or two there ?  😐   Or did I get the wrong impression?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 221

852101532_896533.gif

Greetings, Porch Peeps!

245878-Good-Morning-Hope-You-Have-A-Beautiful-Saturday.jpg

And good morning to you @mi4090.  See you were up and posting super early this morning (around 3:30am) or was it that you just hadn't made it to bed yet?  Either way, "Morning!"

As you all can see from my colorful header, I'm feeling just a wee bit abstract today.  Not out of sorts, just up for something new and different.  But about all the "different" I'm gonna see today is the back of my garage and the trimming of my bushes. lol

Anyway, I woke up this morning around 5:30am and by 5:45am the sky was already light.  Methinks summer doth soon approach for sure.  Anyway, I did venture out to the garage yesterday as planned and I cleared out some boxes of junk and treasures.  Most of the excess stuff in my garage belonged to long deceased family members; stuff that I've been meaning to go through since stashing it there years ago.  But now, maybe this will be the year when I finally have the time and the inclination to actually get it done.  Like my grandmother used to say, "Little by little!"

The temp is 55 degrees right now here and the expected high is only 65.  But I take that happily 'cause I remember how cold and wet it was just a few months ago.  So no complaints from me. In fact, now that the sun is fully up, the day is looking even more inviting. 

Already got a load of laundry done so far today.  And I've had my first cup of joe.  So I think I'm on a roll now for sure. After a little more cartoon watching (Don't shame me. I love cartoons and have a few favorties) and another cup of coffee, I guess I'll have breakfast and then get myself ready to head back out to the storage locker...I mean my garage. Smile.

Anyway, whatever you all find to do today...enjoy!  Please continue to stay safe and healthy.  And above all....

307402-Wishing-You-A-Beautiful-Saturday-Relax-And-Enjoy-The-Day.gif

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 221

Hello Front Porch,

Stay Safe😊

Marylin

MarylinScreenshot_2020-05-30 good morning pics - Google Search(1).png

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 221

@catwoman500 

Only know one person who had implant (dental) took them 3-6 months for the anchor points to heal, then the implant was screwed down or affixed.

Temporary caps are working for me 10-20 years. Just pin them and glue with UV sensitive epoxy. Had to have ALL silver fillings replaced with non, now that gave me visions of “Marathon Man” for months.

Mercury used in fillings was giving me tremors. Too many “Chunkies” as a kid perhaps.🤣

The good news is I probably realized why you have computer issues. Desktop computer on floor, you probably have dust bunny buildup. Especially if you have cats/dogs.

Can of air might cure issues with heat buildup and crashes. There are fans in computer, to cool CPU’s, video, power supplies, etc. And the age of operating system. Most get updates for 10 years and that’s it, discontinued. Windows 10 is at 5 year mark, maybe. XP lasted 20 years and still exists some places for running ATM’s and machinery.

Yeesh, time to play Every PD/FD alarm just triggered, might be fun thunder strikes coming up. Got bored and turned on my scanner.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 221

Happy Friday, Porch Peeps,

@LydiaN586309 ...So…update… Doctor’s office called back. They haven’t made any decisions about in-person appointments for my appt. date yet. They’ll decide on the 5th when we move from phase red to yellow, and they will call me. Meanwhile, I can get my blood work done at the regular place without an appointment, but there may be a social distancing line.

I'm thinking if it doesn't happen in person we can just do the plain phone call, but sure won't be the same.

@Frozenoem ... desktop, no windows 10, can't get on floor to hook up a camera, no place on desk for it...not going to happen. 😼 HA!

As for the dentist…

I swear I was the only patient in the whole huge building.

Called when I got there, office woman came right out, walked me inside to a table in the outer lobby area where I answered the questions on the form and she took my temp; said this can’t be right, took it again and of course it was still 95. I swear I have never reached 98 except when I’ve been sick. HA! My dentist said that means I’d be less susceptible to Corona! So there was a huge box of new pens and I had to pick one to use for the form and then keep it! HA!

So cut to the chase, the dentist tried to glue the cap back in, but there isn’t enough tooth left. She tried again with a different cement after chiseling it down and she got it glued in but said not to be surprised if it came out soon.

I have 2 options…a bridge or an implant. I know implants are real expensive and it takes a couple of unpleasant sessions to get one done, but I’m thinking of going that way. I have a consultation appt. with their periodontist next Thursday so he can explain what exactly is involved. My dentist did give me an overview with “props.” One of my friends described what I thought was not something to look forward to at all, but I need to hear more.

Oh, and get ready for this one if you get to the dentist…maybe doctors, too…An $11.00 fee for PPE.

Any of you ever have experience with an implant?

@La Dolce Vita… so glad you finally got your library book and a mask that is comfortable.

dentists and cats.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 221

Hello Front Porch,

Screenshot_2020-05-29 good morning pics - Google Search.png

Have a Safe Day😎

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 221

Good Morning @mi4090 

I thought you might pronounce your name different from mine.  I actually was named after Marilyn Maxwell (less famour than Monroe but was also an actress).  I've had my name spelled so many different ways by others.  Once someone actually thought my name was spelled like the state.

🤣

It looks to be a beautiful day here in the Chicago area as the temperature will drop into the 703 and 60s.  It's been so hot here and humid which isn't my favorite type of weather.  Still working from home for the company where I work.  Looks like that will be the case until at least Labor Day.  I was going to retire at the end of July but if I can't go anywhere, i might as well get paid for staying at home.  It does help the day go faster though.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend.IMG_1273.JPG

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 221

193674-Yay-Its-Friday.jpg

Good morning, Peepers!

As usual, I am so happy it's Friday!  Two whole days off to do whatever I want or nothing at all.  Sweet!  But I do have plans to continue working on the clean-out of my garage.  I already tackled one corner of the garage the other day.  So I figure I'll just continue here a little, there a little and eventually I might end up with a mainly empty garage with everything remaining in perfect organization.  That's the goal anyway.

@catwoman500, I read about your apprehension with having a virtual appointment with your doctor.  Well, just three weeks ago, I was having the same problem as my new doctor's office informed me that they were not having in-person, in-office appointments due to the pandemic.  They, too, suggested a virtual appointment, but I explained to them about my lacking tech, downloading, computer skills and they simply opted to do my appointment via phone.  So on the day in question, my doctor literally called me and we conducted my "appointment" on the phone from the comfort of my family room couch.  Let me tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed the convenience of not having to drive to the office, wait in the waiting area and then in the examination room, and then.....  So maybe your doc will be likewise accommodating and just talk to you on the phone and maybe by your next appt. you'll be better able to do the virtual thing or maybe, just maybe, the pandemic will be so contained that we all can go back to our regular doctor visits.  We can hope anyway.

@LaDolceVita, Bravo on picking up your book.  What you described was far simpler than the several scenarios I had imagined.  I'll be glad when my library opens up.  In the meantime, good reading to you.  Enjoy!

@Frozenoem, you mentioned "fiddleheads" and it sent me to Google to find out what in the world they were.  I even found a couple of interesting recipes for them such as sautéed fiddleheads and fiddlehead pasta with garlic which is reminiscent of one of my favorite dishes--pasta primivera.    For sure, I don't think I will be foraging in the woods for edibles any time soon.  But at least I learned something new.  Wow.  And I thought I knew everything!  lol  

Well, it's time for me to get that second cup of coffee and

morning-coffee-cup-sky-beach-drinking-taking-pleasure-small-moments-life-72272314.jpg

start livin' that fantasy of hot java on the beach.  Smile.

Anyway, hope y'all have a good Friday and a great weekend.   I, for one, am just glad, thankful for just seeing another day!

happy on.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 221

@catwoman500 

It’s easier to do virtual appt, depending upon app your doctor uses, if you use Windows 10. Anything else is a total roll of the dice.

If you don’t have camera you can buy one. Assume you have desktop not, laptop.Webcam for your operating system around $10.

Delightful morning that’s sarcasm 69* at 2 am when I awoke and humidity is in total drip mode - hazy, hot and humid.

Bring on the cold front already and thunderstorms please.🙏

@MsStretch 

Best guess Upper or lower oaks🤷‍♂️, that’s a total guess spent 2 months cruising through the semi-south and VA. Think we went everywhere and fact I wore out a pair of hiking boots. Made use of every discount available-golden access and DOD.

Have finally decided AC goes in window, with another attempt at sleep.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users