Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MAY - JUNE 2020

Message 151 of 223

Tuesday 68* sounds about right, experienced my first virtual mourning / wake experience, last night.

Lost a royal PITA/Friend of 63 years, didn’t think masks were required on PD, permanent retirement now!

Now, off in search of Mongol/Chinese treats he introduced us to, for his actual wake, hopefully in July/Aug when he’s interred at secret fishing spot.

Have leads which need to be followed. 

Need to work on my balance issues, will be hiking in around 10 miles with 2 remaining friends from youth, and his whipper snappers.

That’s about all I’ve got today, have plans to make, and stuff to find.

ps - virtual leaves a lot to be desired.

@wvgirlforever 

There’s more of us, then them hopefully here. Really!

Peace, love and happiness, 

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 152 of 223

If this site isn't supposed to be political, the last words of your post below the picture shouldn't be there.  I was enjoying your post until I saw that.  This is enough to make me leave the site if this is ok.  Stay safe.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 153 of 223

GOOD Tuesday morning, from Lake Havasu, AZ, everybody!!  Looks like we're gonna have a cool down for a few days, in the 80"s and mid 90's.  The no triples will make a few of the Havasuvians happy.  🙂  

Made a trip to Bealls and Walmart yesterday.  That'll probably be my shopping for the week!  Not as much fun having to go through the mask, gloves and sanitizer process, but looks like it's gonna be that way for awhile.  Still not a lot of places open to shop for clothes.  Dillards JUST opened up...all with restrictions, of course.  Still not everyone wearing masks, unfortunately, but will be that way through the remainder i'm sure...since there's still people that believe this is all a joke. One of the cashiers that waited on me yesterday was one of those, that surprised me!  Oh well, everybody has to do what they feel is best and we all have differing opinions on just about everything. 

Hoping you ALL stay healthy and Wishing you whatever kind of Tuesday you want!!

Animated a day filled with love and laughter.gif

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
Trump 2020!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 154 of 223

Monday afternoon 70* and sunshine.

We’ve finally had our first black fly hatching, 2 weeks of Maine waves has begun. If you appear in this neck of the woods, the townsfolk won’t be saying hi when waving, They’ll be waving the noseeum’s away.

Tiny flying insects that leave big welts for life. Best news Re: white masks, nose and mouth and chin are safe, from attack.

Eyes are not👎🏻 Took an hour to lose one that flew in, it expired in my eye.

This week I will finish the New camp owners “thunderbox”, they can buy their own bucket, and no doubt gold-plated seat.🤣

Almost have finished the jig for fingerjointing the 4-sided Walnut box. And inletting hinge for plywood or walnut cover to attach whatever they end up using to access contents of bucket. Or else they “need” to buy more wood🤣.

Signed and witnessed signature on design concept, says I’m on strike after box is done. Their bumper sticker , and occupation was my clue to get signed/witnessed contract, extras are extra Cost. Changes are extra, contract law is wonderful🤣😎.

Formerly married to Doctorate holding educator , union representative, with minor in contract law.👍

@catwoman500 

@DaveMcK 

I’ve done the increase Photo folder size and been told it wasn’t needed. It just magically started working again. Gremlins in the machinery is always an option in all things AARP. Have been here since 2003? Subject to change, despite the 2008 that seemingly everyone joined during a major upgrade in AARP programming from Prospero, to their own coding to be more FAcebook like.

Enjoy all

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 155 of 223

Hi there, Porch Peeps!

Welcome to the beginning of another “packed full of adventures” week. JK!

I’m looking at my calendar and seeing this vast expanse of white. I need to fill in things like “do laundry, call for prescriptions, call so and so, cook salmon,” and other earthshattering activities like that so it looks like I have something to do.

For a change, I did my Monday post office run. HA! 😸Again I was the only customer in the PO.

My VISA bill should arrive today. That will be exciting since the only thing I do in these times is order online! Thank goodness the coffee arrived last week. I was actually running low and had to buy some at the grocery store!

If the weather cooperates, @LaDolceVita … I’d like to soak in that sun requirement. Glad you now have options for some masks. No matter which ones we use, the summer heat will be making our faces melt underneath the masks. UGH!

@LydiaN586309 …Unfortunately some places around here and online have sold out of Vitamin C. I love the gummies and have been using them since the whole virus thing started. I switched to them when I saw that they were cheaper than the Airborne gummies that I was using. Now I’m back to the Airborne since I could get them…this time the Airborne ones are the Elderberry. I still like the regular Vitamin C gummies, but any port in a storm.

Hoping tropical storm Arthur doesn’t bother any of you.

Yes! Coffee wins!Yes! Coffee wins!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MAY - JUNE 2020

Message 156 of 223

@sunluvngal  I apologize for signaling out your post to send out a reminder to all members of the Front Porch both old and new. I have noticed suttle comments coming into other posts so I thought it was a good time for a group reminder and yes in retrospect it should have been totally neutral. 

I became a member of AARP online in January 2009 and one of the groups was the Front Porch. All group's had moderators and the Front Porch was very neutral back then. Over the years AARP drop moderators so I have tried to keep the group free of political debate. 

I am so happy you are here and hope you will become a major poster for a long time.  We have so many followers that enjoy coming here for the contact but prefer not to join in the posting. In these times of a staying at home order most people need some contact with others and a virtual mug of coffee and sweet roll.

Be safe and stay well. 

Dave 

72251766_1123174304557040_3876610852572364800_n.jpg78617853_10162676634950022_6559735922349309952_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 157 of 223

62f463e2b707d1e8c62c2d0aa7ceed8e.jpg

Good morning, Porch Peeps!

I guess we all might agree that the weekend just wasn't long enough, but thank god it's Monday and we get to start another week together!  Yippie!  Needless to say, despite having worked another double shift last night, I'm feeling rather perky this morning.

OIPXI8NGSR8.jpg

Yep, that was me when I got off work and was able to de-mask myself.  After so many hours, those masks can be breath taking--literally. But once in my car, the mask is off and so am I!

Today, I've got a few errands to run--pharmacy, post office, maybe grocery store.  You know--the weekly chore.  And then I look forward to my early afternoon nap before having to boot up and head back to the ranch (work I mean).  Smile. 

Ay, @LaDolceVita, I agree with your suggestion about getting as much vitamin D and C as possible.  But unfortunately, we're still not getting many super sunny days here.  So I am supplemently with mega doses of Vit D and C on a daily basis.  So far so good!  But as soon as our weather becomes less cool and murky and a little bit more summer like, I intend to spend my days in the sun--working in my yard, cleaning out my garage, and just sitting outside and enjoying those days we all look forward to.

Anyway, I gotta get started on my day.  And here's a little somethin' for all porch peepers starting their Monday: 

22ab2638626239595a8f24187c089df7--funny-monday-monday-humor.jpg

Be well and stay healthy, Peepers!

Lyds

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 158 of 223

@DaveMcK it would have been nice had you sent me a private message saying this instead of on the public forum but since you didn't I will reply in the same way. I wasn't aware that I drug any political comments or issues into this part of AARP??

I "belong" or am a member of AARP, not any particular post or group on here. I do, however, comment in other areas.

That's why I come here myself and other areas away from the political Zone, to get away from it and the drama.

Happy Monday everybody, stay happy and healthy! 😁💃

249811-Good-Morning-Wishing-You-A-Relaxing-Day-Full-Of-Happiness-Peace.gif

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
Trump 2020!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 159 of 223

Drats, summer is here today, warm and humid.   I really was enjoying the cool temps we had in April and up until now in May.  Wearing a a mask will be even more suffocating.  Cleaning out a closet I found some 3M masks still in their package so now I have OPTIONS 😎 I really thought the face shield would be the thing but my eyesight is bad anyway, and worse with the shield.  Perhaps I can wear the shield with mask for grocery shopping as I already know the store and should be able to navigate.  For things that require clear vision I will wear mask only?   Decisions!  😆

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MAY - JUNE 2020

Message 160 of 223

Please note that we are a totally politics free zone.  If people want to talk politics or support a candidate there are a couple of interesting groups on AARP.  As one of our Porchers said! "We are very low keyed and we like it that way"! I hope everyone enjoys their quiet times here on the Front Porch!  This was the rule here before I joined the group in January 2009! Please respect this policy and enjoy your time here!

41UAq3+uMiL.jpg71pG9XAaFsL._SL1500_.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users