Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2019

Message 31 of 253

@n566192l 

I do give her treats but, in moderation- bully sticks last more than 2 minutes, 20 minutes. She may get one per month, maybe two. 

Nutro treats, antler, greenies for teeth.The girls got  jaws.The first day I had her went through 4’ chew she found in 2 minutes, 3 minutes later it ran through her.

30* and full sun, need coffee and time to clean carpets. I actually feel like moving today.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 253

@DaveMcK ... Here you go...Hello! Cat Wink

Happy Friday, Everyone. It's 41 and cloudy right now. Man, did our snow melt fast! I am running the pool cover pump right now as we are due for more rain this weekend. So happy that it is warm enough to run it. No ice on the "pond" as I call it and the hose is ice free, so am able to get some water off.

Not much exciting going on...Did my normal bi-monthly errand to the bank, Fresh Market, and of course Starbucks. Got 40 extra stars for buying 2 mochas this week. Oh, the little things that thrill us! Cat LOL Next Starbucks purchase should be free! Wahoo!

Hope everyone is managing in the snow that you may have. Gotta go clean a little bit. Have a good one! N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 253

Greetings All,

I saw a post on Next Door some had posted from Facebook, about a lost 🐕. I contacted the State Trooper watching The Big Sexy, to see if he was in the area to help. They were. Plus, Dave the Troopers have both Mr Pickles and The Big Sexy sporting Red today. The Big Sexy , found the lost pup. He was over by the Donkin Donuts on RT 35 in Eatontown. Just glad all have been United and safe. Our snow is gone, temps are 40, but a lost pet is scary. On Next Door , there have been posts of coyote sightings in that area. Remember, that someone miss took a white deer as a goat. Not really sure if coyotes, can be found in New Jersey. Just collecting donations for the shares.To night is one of the hospitality shares at The Second Baptist Church in Asbury Park.

Frozenoem, I agree 💯 with you about the rawhide bones, I was unaware of the pig products. Chelli is very fortunate to have you as her human. Dave, I love all the pictures and stories you post. I recently learned about the Blue Comet, a🚆.  Hope everyone is doing well and that you have a wonderful day and are safe. Catwomam500, I hope you are enjoying the warmer temps.  Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 253

Good morning to everyone here on the Front Porch! An you think you have snow in your area. Well Flagstaff, Arizona has had 33.1"s in one snow fall braking the old record of 31.0"s set in December 30, 1915. We have had 47"+ here in Madison in total so far for this Winter of 2018-2019. We are expecting a mixed bag this weekend here. Our amaryllis in full bloom.

Hoping everyone has a great weekend!

FB_IMG_1550844866043.jpgFB_IMG_1550844887996.jpg

FB_IMG_1549853094630.jpgFB_IMG_1548728072038.jpgOn-Friday-We-Wear-Red-Wishes-Images.jpgFB_IMG_1548725901817.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 253

@n566192l 

33* and cloudy, it snowed. My weather predictor just kicked in .Wed may prove interesting unless it’s Sunday’s.

Dont give Chell raw hide or pig parts, intestinal distress. Still battling worms with her 5th round of treatment. Still picking up and examining, they aren’t moving but, still there.

At 10* last night I was barely moving, let alone her worms.

On that cheery note, need to move, hip is screaming and magic pills aren’t working.🤬

Edit- took a walk had to check neighbors roof. 20* and sleet.

EC753510-5D5C-4106-8860-DD94FE8B781D.jpegFind the front door?Odd, finally noticed pictures are sideways, regardless of size or pre-edit rotation.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 253

Frozenoem,

Well, Ms Chelli is getting a dog bed, not the heated on, I still have to find them. Just a large bed with what looks a deer head with antlers on it. The bed has a zipper for easy cleaning. I was on my way to the Post office and more donations showed up at my door. I took the other 20 boxes of them to my local ASPCA. Plus, other pet supplies. I have large rawhide bones, here,

I don't give to my pets

I can include if Chelli likes them.

Just let me know. Hope the 2 of you are safe. Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 253

With so many comments about hard Winter conditions for the remainder of February. I think we need a little change of pace here on the Front Porch. We were shopping in early January and I found some amaryllis bulbs with pots for half price. Here are some photos of of the white flowers.  

FB_IMG_1550695850872.jpgFB_IMG_1550695867227.jpgFB_IMG_1550695883872.jpgFB_IMG_1550695897655.jpgFB_IMG_1550695918523.jpgFB_IMG_1550695957889.jpgFB_IMG_1550695933442.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 253

@n566192l 

@catwoman500 

Only believe the weather if bones go to aching, prior to snows.

Meteorology is not exact science, with US, European, etc patterns.

When 16-18 is expected, and 3 feet lands in the yard enough times, you don’t follow 100%.

Tonight is a crap shoot, 6-8” then it warms to above freezing or becomes sleet.

Same Sat-Sunday, same Tues-Wed, difference temperatures.Nights here are still below zero, or 10-30* days.

By March or May the tiger lilies will be back in bloom, as soon as snow melts. June at the latest.🤣

Only definite it’s 24* now, should be 10-15* tonight, and that suggests temp’s are warming.

Gotta shovel 6-8” falls, then 6-8” off the roof, it all adds up until buried.

@MsStretch 

I’m avoiding that other subject until I re-learn breathing again, almost miss warmer climates with little or no snows.😇

Froze

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 253

Not envying you Northerners, I must truthfully admit.  About an inch or 2 on my front porch here in VA, but now it is sleeting.  Went out to blaze (i.e. shovel) trails and take sustenance to all the fur kids scattered about in their winter havens on the property and about busted my butt.

Another feral, a black tom, Boz, has decided he likes the nice, dry, heated quarters up around here and moved into igloo in greenhouse and ousted the matriarch from there.  Boz is not a stranger.  He's been showing up maybe once or twice a month for several years, but he never sticks around.  AND he's not fixed.  The fact that he's decided to make his winter encampment here is totally upsetting the status quo and I was forced to shuffle around igloos, kitty cabins, and huts.  Running out of 'safe' places, so looking forward to more spring-y weather; if for nothing else, I won't worry about the spoiled 'kids' freezing out there.

Everyone, let's be careful out there.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 253

Good Afternoon, Everyone,

Yes, our snow started around 10 AM so I quickly gathered my trash and recyclables and was going to take them to the street so I wouldn't have to try to do it later in the snow, but then noticed in that short time the driveway was dusted. Back inside I went to put on my ice grippers! HA! I can't take any chances with these wobbly knees and back. Cat Tongue

@n566192l ...I had the news on all morning, but didn't hear of a "state of emergency" here, but a kazillion schools were closed as early as 7 PM last night! When I was teaching, this would have been a school day with maybe the kids having early dismissal. Of course teachers had to stay to the end of the school day no matter.  Driving home in a messy storm was not fun. I think the school districts made a smart decsion with this one, although I do remember one winter they closed schools and it never snowed a flake. Cat LOL N.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark