Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2019

Message 21 of 253

Frozenoem,

I have so many HABA here, just let me know the brand of shampoo, body wash etc

I will send you . As I have said before, my friends are Food Brokers, the ACME by me is closing. So, instead of throwing the items out, they are being moved to the storage space at Fort Monmouth. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 253

Frozenoem,

Finally finished the stuff so UPS can pack tomorrow. Then I will take to the Post office and mail it to you. With all the snow you are getting, is there anything else you want or need sent. Just let me know. Most people ask for Taylor Ham, or Pork Roll. There are even Christmas ornaments, with the above. I just wanted to let you know the offer is there.

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 253

LaDolceVita,

I get emails from Dog Food Advisor/ Dog Food Recalls. Some products have to much vitiam D. I  hope this helps. Just going to walk the dogs. I have the Share at 3. Hope everyone is doing well and that you are safe. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 253

@LaDolceVita 

When I see them I usually put a warning out, either here or dog land on boards.

Keep anything with Xylitol in it away from your dogs and cats, if you make it. Even a lick is bad for them.

Now, it’s a lovely 20* and still snowing here, supposedly only another 12-18” coming when it stops tonight.

Need firewood from porch, then shovel front door and Chell’s walk out again🤬. Arctic cold front coming again for the week, going to get frosty -10 to -20* overnights.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 253

Good morning, Folks!

43 right now and the rain has slowed down We may get to 50 later. The rain started around 7:00 last night but luckily was light enough that it didn't spoil Philly's big outdoor event. They had installed an ice rink at Lincoln Financial Field (Eagles football field) and last night the Philly Flyers played the (boo hiss...Pittsburgh Penguins). Other than the fact that the players could hardly see, it must have been an exciting game. When I got in I saw that the Flyers were down 3-1 and the next time I looked, they had tied it up and were in OT. All of a sudden we scored and that was it. WE WON!

Last night was girls' Game Night and we went to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant and then back to one girl's house for games. It was still only lightly raining by the time I got home around 10:30.

And like @LydiaN586309 , my sump pump was going during the night, so I'm assumng it was raining harder then.

Now we are supposed to get some real wind later today and tomorrow. I hate wind!

Gotta get more coffee and get ready to do my Ebay listings.

Ya'll take care! N.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 253

Image result for good morning gifs animated

Good Morning, Everybody!

I hope everyone out there on the Front Porch is okay and doing well.  The weather continues to change from day to day.  So I'm just going with the flow.  All last night and into the early morning, it poured down heavy rain.  As usual the sump pump pumped all night and I'm thankful for it cause the moment it stops banging, I know I've got trouble for real.  At least, my basement is dry.  But on the outside, I've got small pools of standing water in my backyard.  This is a new occurrence which I must figure out how to correct because I don't want to have a marsh back there and I can only see it getting worse if I don't do something about it.

Anyway, it has warmed up here.  Temps now around 47 degrees.  But the weather-boogyman predicts falling temperatures with freezing rain and/or sleet later on tonight.  These great flucuations in weather makes for a basis for flu and colds.  that's why even though I've seen some folks out there in T-shirts and shorts, I'm hanging onto my winter coat and other warm duds.  Having already been super sick and for such a long time at the beginning of this winter, I'm not looking to go through that again!  I'm feeling so much better now and I just wanna hold onto that.

So to all Front Porchers, Image result for animated have a great day gif and a blessed week ahead!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 253

@Frozenoem  I did not know about unlisted ingredients on peanut butter.  Never heard of yak cheese, just reading about it now. Do they last a good while?  Bully sticks do not last too long for my gang.   We cut the 12 inchers in half to make it  somewhat more economical.  If you get a recall notice about something in fairly common use, like dog food perhaps you could pass it on?   I am aware of xylitol, especially since that is I something I use. 

A beautiful day in my corner of the world.  Will be 57 and sunny.  The ground is totally saturated, lots of rain last night.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 253

26* sunny, expecting snow in my future on Sunday 10-18”.

@LaDolceVita 

@n566192l 

I don’t have issue with sticking my hand down dogs throat to extract birds whole or large chews. Takes a few months to develop that trust level with abused dogs. Raised from pups are easier.

Only greenies Chell gets are large for big dogs.No choking problems.

Rawhide American made none of the Chinese crap , boiled in antifreeze or glycol the same. That’s how they get bacteria out, and make the pretty knots.

I also tend tend to get notifications from my Dutch Shepherd group, for all recalls on pet products, same comes regularly on my email alerts.Morning, afternoon and evenings alerts for dogs and people for recalls.

Chelli enjoy eating marrow bones, uncooked. Kong’s stuffed with Peanut Butter - store brand.

Not, name brand. Reason some 100% natural butters contain bad chemicals listed as natural, or worse not listed on ingredients , would need to check with vet for ingredient messes with pancreas or kidneys think it could be xylitol. Jiff  or store brands are acceptable peanut butters

I do check regularly what she can eat safely. Yak cheese good.

Petco yak treats good, 100% natural no additives.Chell has allergies. Unless DoctorsFostersmith sell it she doesn’t eat anything else.

Exceptions are made after I check brands and ingredients.

Guess that means you check the ingredients and stay uptodate on everything that goes in and come out of your pet.🤣, 

Her reward for not stepping over a 7 foot fence with 5 feet of snow in yard, a bully stick. There were 3 deer on driveway cutting through yard at time.

8456CEC0-35F3-4C17-AC2A-58B1EC764DE1.jpegBully stick reward

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 253

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! We are getting rain, sleet and snow tomorrow.  Our weatherman came up with a good description of what we will be getting this weekend.  He called it a " mixed cocktail". We have some ice collecting on the trees.  The high temp will be in the upper 30's this weekend. 

Photo of our amaryllis in full bloom. 

FB_IMG_1550417482242.jpgFB_IMG_1550844887996.jpgFB_IMG_1550416407722.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 253

Clouds continue here but it not too cold so it is bearable.  My household has adopted intermittent fasting, 16 hours  w/o food,  partly as a solution to Daisy's weight problem partly as a solution for the rest of us.  I find myself a bit headachy in the morning and the dogs are ready to eat when I start feeding around 1PM. 

@Frozenoem, @n566192l  I hate to mention this, there seems to be something wrong with everything we eat, drink or give our pets to eat.  Here goes.  I saw a segment on Tv news (in the days when I watched TV news!)  that was about the greenies not being digestible and causing death in some cases.   As for rawhide, I used to give it to my dogs when I did not know better until one day my beautiful border collie mix  Becky got one stuck in her throat.  We were on our way to emergency vet, a half hour drive,  when my friend who was holding her was able to extract the piece from her throat.  Becky lived to age 14 and passed due to kidney failure in 2012.  What a lovely smart  girl she was. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet