Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2019

Message 91 of 253

Greetings All,

Catwoman500,

I only know of a few stores in New Jersey, where you can purchase wine and spirits plus food. But, I have seen drive through liquor stores in my state. 

Over cast and 43 here.

Picked up The Big Sexy, yes that's his name. He is a presa canario, weighs 180 lbs . He is Big. So, I reached out to the State Troopes for help. Boy, life is so funny. I live on Barker Avenue . My house was built for the military stationed at Fort Monmouth back in the 40's.  Since, we are a such a small community, The State Police patrol Shrewsbury Township. The Troopers are so eager to help, watch the deployed military personnel 🐕. Plus, I can have the Troopers speak with the dog owner to get permission. Everything is going to be able to work out. The 🐕 well get the care they need, the Troopers signed up for the program. What a Win 👏 Win. Hope everyone enjoys their Day.  Nancy

Plus, The New Jersey State Troopers are spreaing the word to other Troopers in other States. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 253

@DaveMcK...Sorry to hear you may have to play the old ice vs power outages game. Keeping fingers crossed that your power holds!

Even though we lost our mild temps…right now it is a cloudy and chilly 47, but certainly bearable, the ice in my pool cover has melted enough so that I could pull up some more of the errant cover and secure it with rocks, bricks, and flower pots. Also I rescued the vinyl water bag that had been securing that edge. It had blown into the pool cover water, had been frozen in there, and actually shattered when I grabbed it out today. Then I thought as long as there had been melting and hadn’t refrozen yet I should turn on the pool cover pump and hopefully make a dent (albeit a small one) in the amount of water in the cover. Hoping to run it for a few hours today. So now I’m back inside and warming myself up with coffee of course… Green Mountain Sumatran Reserve.

Earlier I had run to the Fine Wines and Spirits store to pick up some wine. Those of you who don’t live in a “Commonwealth” are lucky to be able to get your wine, etc. in most grocery stores. We have come a long way in that some (and only some) of our grocery stores now have a special section where we can purchase wine and spirits, and some have and allow you to purchase a limit of 2 six packs of beer, but you have to pay for that separately before or after you do your grocery shopping. In VA I remember they had ABC stores for purchasing wine and spirits. It sure would be convenient to just be able to get everything in one spot. N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 253

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! It is a wild winers day here in Wisconsin. We have had a mixture of rain nd freezing rain. This afternoon we will be getting some snow. Hoping we don't get an accumulation of ice on the trees and wires which could result in powr outages. 

Hoping everyone has a great day!

FB_IMG_1540150613602.jpgFB_IMG_1549300705613.jpgFB_IMG_1490887995267.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 253

We will have 79 degrees today, a record high for this day. I opened all the windows and even a turtle neck is too warm.  Looks like we return to normal tomorrow.  @Frozenoem  yes do take a vacation and mend.  The cold and staggering are not ideal!  At least you had a soft landing. 

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 253

33* and cloudy, I’ve decided vacay sounds good and that’s what will happen.

Time to sleep in and relax and mend.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 253

Greetings,  Porch Peeps!

Well, despite our having been blessed here with a few days of 50 plus degree weather peppered with intermittent sun and clouds and no snow, the enemy weatherman (yes, he is enemy # 1 in these parts) has predicted days ahead of a combination of freezing rain and artic cold and snow and overcast and just general dreary ickiness!  But in the spirit of thankfulness, I am sharing this sunny greeting with great expectation for those days soon to come when we won't be fretting about these extremes of winter. Nope, we'll soon be complaining 'bout the extreme heat of summer,  but at least the sun makes our mood better....generally!

Anyway, Mr. Happy Face Sunshine here gives us "sumpthin" to look forward to with a smile.  Hope everybody is warm and comfy wherever you are.  Enjoy every day and be blessed!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 253

Hello, All

What a day today! 62 was the high with sun. Heart

Had no place to go so drove to Starbucks and the Dollar Store just to get outside.

Got home and worked hard on the clogged bathroom sink drain. Thought I was going to have to call the plumber, but at last after boiling water, Draino, and I fussed with it off and on for a couple of hours, there was that satifying gurgle and whoosh! I feel like I accomplished climbing a mountain! Cat LOL

Tonight I will watch some missed TV shows On Demand since I have no desire to listen to/see to You Know Who. Cat Frustrated N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 253

@LydiaN586309 

Caffeine works for suppressing my appetite, your results may vary.

I can sleep or wake with coffee, no jitters, still.🤣 Appetite still can be suppressed by coffee.Tested that theory recently, didn’t want to stagger to store.

52* and back to shoveling might open door this century, and yes their broken again my ribs.

24 can be broken, and I’ve broken mine repeatedly, might be a tad short tempered after last 5-6 months.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 253

Hey Froze,

A few days ago you mentioned in one of your posts about the "other joy" of coffee--that being  an appetite suppressant.  Well,  I don't know if it would work for me because it seems like each time I have a cup of coffee, it is followed by or accompanied with a full breakfast, a donut, a muffin, or some other such tummy-filling deliciousness.  But maybe I could try a just "coffee only" fast for a day or so to see if it would curb my appetite and  help kick-start my weight loss non-resolution, resolution.

Related image

Coffee jitters--another "joy" of excessive coffee drinking.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 253

Dave,

Your pictures are so beautiful!  The way the snow drifts....just wonderful!  And although I'm truly not a fan of snow, I can appreciate its beauty, especially when looking at a picture of it while warm and inside--snug like a bug in a rug.

And catwoman500, be careful about going outside without a coat just yet.  These great fluctuations in weather and  temperatures can be deceiving.  Glad your heater made it through the coldest days though.  Hope we won't see any more days that cold until next year!

Kudos
Views