Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2019

Message 111 of 253

I love Superbowl commercials & they are available already.   I will let my husband watch the game while I read a good book.. Woman Tongue

https://sports.yahoo.com/super-bowl-commercials-2019.html

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 253

We used to have to wait to hear what the weather-prognosticating groundhogs had to say until Groundhog Day, but thanks to social media, we get a preview.

According to the City of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin's website,

The Groundhog Day tradition in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin dates back to 1948, when Wisconsin celebrated its centennial year. For over 50 years, the Sun Prairie members and supporters have been proclaiming Sun Prairie to be "The Groundhog Capital of the World." This proclamation has caused reverberations from the halls of Congress, to the coal fields of Pennsylvania, and in the news media of the country. Groundhog Day is tied to Candlemas Day, a centuries old celebration day in Europe. Folklore states: "If the day is bright and clear there'll be two winters in the year."

Now for the real forecast from Jimmy! 

Document.jpegDocument (3).jpegDocument (2).jpeg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 253

Good morning, Front Porchers!

Well, finally, the ol' groundhog,  Punxsutawney Phil, has done a good job and has predicted an early Spring this year.  And after this horrendous winter, in particular over these last few weeks, Spring cannot come soon enough!  Seems like this winter has squeezed in two or three winters all in one.  But in any case, my hat is off to Phil! 

It's 20 degrees here and so it's a heat wave.  So Porch Peeps have a great day today and enjoy the rest of your weekend. And remember we only have....46 Days til Spring!!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 253

stock-photo-a-cup-of-coffee-and-a-note-with-hello-february-text-on-rustic-wooden-table-and-lavender-flowers-1014504136.jpg

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch. Well we are above freezing wean afternoon temp of 24*. We will see temperatures over the weekend in the 40's and some rain. With the ground temperature we have from all below zero temperatures I'm not sure where the  rain and melting snow is going to go. 

Photo is of the ice covered Lighthouse at Grand Haven, Michigan. 

FB_IMG_1548950665478.jpgFB_IMG_1548727650516.jpgFB_IMG_1548988372603.jpgFB_IMG_1549040217119.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 253

@n566192l wrote:

Greetings,

Just over cast and cold 18 degrees, no snow. I heard on the news that it's over a hundred in Australia. Strange right? 

MsStretch I guess heated igloos are the cat's meow. So happy my neighbor is using them for the feral cats

Frozenoem stay warm up there.

Nancy 

We are having comparable weather in VA.   Supposed to get up to the mid-60s next Tuesday!  *doing happy dance*

Yes, Nancy, those igloos are the greatest.  Makes my heart warm to hear your neighbor using them.  Even though my igloo and the other weather-resistant kitty houses are under cover (greenhouse, shed), the igloos can stand alone in weather -- snow, rain.  My wild kids have gotten good use out of the igloo for the past 2, going on 3 winters, since they took up residence.  Of all the cold-weather gear I have gotten for the kids, that has to be the best investment. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 253

Greetings,

Just over cast and cold 18 degrees, no snow. I heard on the news that it's over a hundred in Australia. Strange right? 

MsStretch I guess heated igloos are the cat's meow. So happy my neighbor is using them for the feral cats

Frozenoem stay warm up there.

Nancy 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 253

Hi!

Happy February to all! Heart

Waiting for Punxsutawney Phil to make his prediction tomorrow. Cat LOL

It's a warm 13 now and no wind chill! We are having some light snow right now. It's not supposed to amount to much.

Having a problem with my furnace and have a call into the company but have not heard anything yet. Sure hope they can come out today. It will be getting warmer this weekend, but it's still winter and I am not a person who likes to be cold when inside.

Have a nice weekend, everyone. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 253

We’re having a heatwave up to 11* or -2* W windchill.

Still trying to open garage doors for wood, 3 days with no stove is making Froze a tad testy.

Not freezing but, not T-shirt comfy either for inside house.

With luck Monday - temp’s will rise above 35* and doors will open once more. Shovels broken out and salt, de-icer and sand will happen. Then doors will open again.🤣

@LydiaN586309 

The other joy of coffee is appetite suppressant, as Discovered while snowed in for 48 hours one year with only caffeine at work - Blizzard Of ‘78 in Cambridge.🤣

I was wired but, not hungry.

Froze 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 253

Greetings, Front Porchers!

Despite all the extremes in temps and weather, we all made it through and out of January......alive!   Yippie!

It's warmer here today.  It's now up to a whopping 2 degrees.  Cold.  Yes.  But it is up from those minus 17* and such.  So I'm happy.  And like everybody's said,  I'm making it out in the artic air by donning layers and layers of clothes for my outsides and downing heaps of hot coffee to warm my insides.

Stay warm, dry, and safe and most of all, have a great weekend everybody!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 253

@LaDolceVita 

Re: Your huh, Think I know what happened and corrected it.😇

Was merely releasing frustration, tend to talk and text aloud when irritated or thinking.

Monday and Tuesday we might hit 40* for 2 lovely days, before we fall again to normal temps.

Think I may be punchy, had one hour sleep before I wAs required. Work is an 🤬

Froze

Kudos
Views