Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Funny Stories and Life Experiences

Honored Social Butterfly

Funny Stories and Life Experiences

New topic featuring funny stories. 

This is something to think about when negative people are doing their best to rain on your paradeโ€ฆ
So remember this story the next time โ€ฆ

A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband..
She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded:
" Rome? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded and dirty.
You're crazy to go to Rome. So, how are you getting there?"

"We're taking Continental," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"

Continental?" exclaimed the hairdresser. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?"

"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome's Tiber River called Teste."

"Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks itโ€™s going to be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump."

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and maybe get to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser. "You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome.

"It was wonderful," explained the woman, "not only were we on time in one of Continental's brand new planes, but it was overbooked,
and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot..
And the hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job,
and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city.
They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the hairdresser, "that's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door
and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me.."

"Oh, really! What'd he say?"

He said: โ€œWho screwed up your hair?โ€

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

What about the elk!

FB_IMG_1543281117972.jpg

View solution in original post

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK  Exactly!  I'm a minimalist.  All that means, is get rid of STUFF that really doesn't have meaning or purpose.  Love the humorous take off of "Thelma and Louise." 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"I asked an elderly man once what it was like to be old and to know the majority of his life was behind him. He told me that he has been the same age his entire life. He said the voice inside of his head had never aged. He has always just been the same boy. His mother's son. He had always wondered when he would grow up and be an old man. He said he watched his body age and his faculties dull but the person he is inside never got tired. Never aged. Never changed.
Our spirits are eternal. Our souls are forever. The next time you encounter an elderly person, look at them and know they are still a child, just as you are still a child and children will always need love, attention and purpose." ~ Author Unknown
โœŒ๏ธโค๏ธ

FB_IMG_1634093445767.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK wrote:

"... He said the voice inside of his head had never aged. ..."

The voice inside my head changed shortly after puberty.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK Well written.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1635210461756.jpg

It is time to move the world forward!

Honored Social Butterfly

The road least traveled!

FB_IMG_1633960176859.jpg

Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK A rolling stone gathers no moss, but I guess train tracks do.  Cool pix.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

From rescues to rescuers: Training search dogs. CBS Sunday Morning News. SORRY BUT THIS MAY BE SLOW IN OPENING. 

Link:

ttps://www.cbsnews.com/video/from-rescues-to-rescuers-training-search-dogs/

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Our 2012 Hawaiian trip from the past.
Pineapple Express Train Ride Take a two-mile, 20-minute fully narrated train ride through a real-life working plantation. Along the route, youโ€™ll learn the stories of the pineapple, Hawaiiโ€™s most famous fruit crop, and hear about James Dole, the man who built a world-famous agricultural empire from 60 acres of Wahiawa earth.

Pineapple Garden Maze
The 2008 Guinness World Records named Dole Plantationโ€™s Pineapple Garden Maze as the Worldโ€™s Largest Maze. Come and see this gigantic outdoor brain-teaser, one of only a handful of botanical mazes in the United States. Test your โ€œnavigational skillsโ€ while having fun seeking the eight hidden stations located within the maze.

1. Plantation Garden Tour
    Eight mini-gardens give tour-goers an opportunity to see, smell, and touch many of the diverse crops being grown on the North Shore of Oahuโ€”as well as a look back at life on the plantation.

FB_IMG_1629295614766.jpg

FB_IMG_1629295554017.jpg

FB_IMG_1629295511794.jpg

FB_IMG_1629295583263.jpg

FB_IMG_1629295537301.jpg

FB_IMG_1629295526883.jpg

FB_IMG_1629295566933.jpg

FB_IMG_1629295598821.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1628450683455.jpg

Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK  Excellent advice! 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The Hydrangea Bush

The big, bountiful blooms are abundant on Cape Cod, and available in hundreds of varieties. Mo Rocca tiptoes through the hydrangeas, and talks with aficionados to learn the secrets to growing these showy summer shrubs.

Link:  https://cbsn.ws/3xuuttF

20210719_100104_001.jpg

The picture above is of a hydrangea bush on our grounds that I took a few weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

A womanโ€™s husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months, yet she had stayed by his bedside every single day.
One day, when he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer.
As she sat by him, he whispered, eyes full of tears;
โ€œ You know what? You have been with me all through the bad times.
When I got fired, you were there to support me
When my business failed, you were there.
When I got shot, you were by my side.
When we lost the house, you stayed right here.
When my health started failing, you were still by my side
You know what?โ€
โ€œWhat dear?โ€ she asked gently, smiling as her heart began to fill with warmth.
โ€I think youโ€™re bad luck.โ€

FB_IMG_1623879705554.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

THE TRADITION
"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow"

In Flanders fields.
Poppies Edit
Main article: Remembrance poppy
In 1915, following the Second Battle of Ypres, Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, a physician with the Canadian Expeditionary Force, wrote the poem, "In Flanders Fields". Its opening lines refer to the fields of poppies that grew among the soldiers' graves in Flanders.

In 1918, inspired by the poem, YWCA worker Moina Michael attended a YWCA Overseas War Secretaries' conference wearing a silk poppy pinned to her coat and distributed over two dozen more to others present. In 1920, the National American Legion adopted it as their official symbol of remembrance.

FB_IMG_1622206229308.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It will be a while before we have fresh, locally grow watermelons but it seems this will be handy to have before we know it!

FB_IMG_1621957758419.jpg

Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK , That is an awesome story!  Way to put a "Debbie Downer" in her place. Christine

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Thank you, Dave! Just the uplifting story we needed! (As you usually do!)

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Did you know?

The closest geographic point between the borders of the United States and Russia lies in the Bering Strait located in the Pacific Ocean. In the middle of the Bering Strait, there lies two small islands known as Big Diomede and Little Diomede. Interestingly enough, Big Diomede is owned by Russia while Little Diomede is owned by the United States. At their closest point, the two islands are only 2.4 miles apart. While these two islands are seperated by just 2.4 miles, they are 21 hours apart due to their placement around the international timeline.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

That's life...
103 passengers and only 40 meals were loaded on a flight from Bogota to Miami
The crew didn't know what to do
However, the booth boss had an idea. After about 30 minutes of flight, she nervously announced:
- โ€œI don't know how this happened, but we have 103 passengers and only 40 dinners."
Then she added:
- โ€ฒโ€ฒ Anyone who is gentle and kind-hearted enough to give their food to another person will receive free, unlimited drinks and liquor throughout the flight.

Her next announcement came two hours later:
- โ€œIf anyone wants to change their minds, we still have 40 meals availableโ€

Moral:
Drunks have a big heart!!

FB_IMG_1619359835366.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

One day God was looking down at
earth and saw all of the rascally behavior
that was going on
So He called His angels and sent
one to earth for a time.

When the angel returned,
he told God,'Yes, it is bad on earth;
95% are misbehaving and only
5% are not.

God thought for a moment and said,
'Maybe I had better send down a second
angel to get another opinion.'

So God called another angel and sent
her to earth for a time.

When the angel returned she went to
God and said, 'Yes, it's true. The earth
is in decline; 95% are misbehaving,
but 5% are being good...'

God was not pleased.

So He decided to e-mail the 5%
who were good, because he wanted to
encourage them, and give them a little
something to help them keep going.
Do you know what the e-mail said?

Okay, I was just wondering,
because I didn't get one either.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

About 40 years ago, I would run for exercise, on residential streets, late at night.  One midnight, while I was resting by walking, I saw a man coming out of an alley carrying two large shopping bags with handles.  He said, "Mr., can I ask you something?"  I was curious to know what was in his bags so I came over.  I don't remember what he said to me because I was focused on the bags which were filled with empty half gallon glass bottles.  Just as I thought to myself, "Oh, he must be collecting the bottles in the alley for the deposit money,", he said, "Wait!  Here comes a car!  Here comes a car!".  As the car passed, he ran out into the middle of the street and threw a bottle at the back of the car.  The bottle fell short and shattered all over the street.  He began violently jumping up and down while swearing at the car.  I said, "See you." and continued running.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1618605607477.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Spring forward soon! Daylight Saving Time begins Sunday, March 14, 2021!

FB_IMG_1615222802668.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

BERNIE IS EVERYWHERE!

142396574_10224129618127993_119487044438134855_o.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

91573898_3412557525422519_1931163411069009920_o.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

139844535_10159377411381929_6168545635025226642_n.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1548609976478.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

81234304_10220571150528527_438914514843336704_o.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

New York City Holiday Season During The Year Of Covid-19

Link: https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_this_morning/video/CwuG01fjQuLQ6pt_BkAXU0JOeacSPU1j/anthony-mason-expl...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I grew up in a small town of 9500 in central Wisconsin. This is all such great memories.

SMALL TOWNS

Those who grew up in small towns will laugh when they read this. Those who didn't will be in disbelief and won't understand how true it really is.

1) You can name everyone you graduated with.

2) You know what 4-H means.

3) You went to parties at a pasture, barn, gravel pit, or in the middle of a dirt road. On Monday you could always tell who was at the party because of the scratches on their legs from running through the woods when the party was busted. (See #6.)

4) You used to 'drag' Main.

5) You whispered the 'F' word and your parents knew within the hour.

6) You scheduled parties around the schedules of different police officers, you knew which ones would bust you and which ones wouldn't.

7) You could never buy beer because all the store clerks knew how old you were (and if you were old enough, they'd tell l your parents anyhow.) Besides, where would you get the money?

๐Ÿ˜ŽWhen you did find somebody old enough and brave enough to buy beer, you still had to go out into the country and drive on back roads to drink it.

9) You knew which section of the ditch you would find the beer your buyer dropped off.

10) It was cool to date somebody from the neighboring town.

11) The whole school went to the same party after graduation.

12) You didn't give directions by street names but rather by references. Turn by Nelson's house, go 2 blocks to Anderson 's, and it's four houses left of the track field.

13) The golf course had only 9 holes.

14) You couldn't help but date a friend's ex-boyfriend/girlfriend.

15) Your car stayed filthy because of the dirt roads, and you will never own a dark vehicle for this reason.

16) The town next to you was considered 'trashy' or 'snooty,' but was actually just like your town.

17) You referred to anyone with a house newer then 1955 as the 'rich' people.

18) The people in the 'big city' dressed funny, and then you picked up the trend 2 years later.

19) Anyone you wanted could be found at the local gas station or the dairy bar.

20) You saw at least one friend a week driving a tractor through town or one of your friends driving a grain truck to school occasionally.

21) The gym teacher suggested you haul hay for the summer to get stronger.

22) Directions were given using THE stop light as a reference.

23) When you decided to walk somewhere for exercise, 5 people would pull over and ask if you wanted a ride.

24) Your teachers called you by your older siblings' names.

25) Your teachers remembered when they taught your parents.

26) You could charge at any local store or write checks without any ID.

27) There was no McDonalds.

28) The closest mall was over an hour away.

29) It was normal to see an old man riding through town on a riding lawn mower.

30) You've pee'd in a cornfield.

31) Most people went by a nickname.

32) You laughed your butt off reading this because you know it is true, and you forward it to everyone who may have lived in a small town.

I would not have wanted to have been raised any other way!!!!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP