Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 21 of 651

kk9436, the Renew Active will go live for AARP Supplemental in January. They are notifying people now because enrollment periods are about to start. They have also stated that At Your Best is coming for AARP Supplemental  on their Facebook page 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 651

Totally agree with Kathy. Have NEVER regretted leaving UHC for Anthem.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 651

I have a supplement policy with Anthem in Ohio. My independent health plan advisory service arranged for it's members to switch to 3 different plans with a guaranteed certificate of insurability if we were interested for those of us who were enrolled with UHC. Normally we couldn't switch either but UHC's actions were so disingenuous that our advisory service took exception to their actions and worked hard to get it's members a better deal. Anthem also charged less per month besides including a SS membership. The key is using a health plan advisory service. Not only can they tell you what supplement and Part D plan will best suit your needs and why, they will help you if you have a problem with the insurance. They do not charge you for their services. My former employer suggests it's soon to be retirees consider their services and it was one of the best deals I ever accessed! I would suggest you consider locating one in your area for assistance.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 651

In the absence of Silversneakers disappearing I signed up with LAFitness which costs me 50% of monthly fee. We got completely screwed by UHC and AARP.  For AARP to state that they had nothing to do with the decision & and to see UHC advertise its supplement by emphasizing “AARPs confidence “ in their product boggles my mind. Do they think we are stupid?    I was thinking Humana Supplement included Silversneakers, but my problem would be that Humana wouldn’t accept me based on my health mess

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 651

Responder 'marteenuz' must not know the difference between a Advantage Plan and Supplemental Plan (Medigap), as it's right in the MyRenewActive header: "Renew Active™ from UnitedHealthcare, available with select Medicare Advantage plans." 

So far I find NO acceptable altertatives for the Silver Sneeker program from UHC in Arizona.  Will be switching to Humana in 2020.  Active™ from UnitedHealthcare, available with select Medicare Advantage plansRRenew Active™ from UnitedHealthcare, available with select Medicare Advantage plansenRenew Active™ from UnitedHealthcare, available with select Medicare Advantage plansew Active™ from UnitedHealthcare, available with select Medicare Advantage plans

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 651

I had concerns over this but found that the facilities I use with Silver Sneakers are all going to be doing the Renew Acitve plan as well.   I really value SS and wanted to get the same benefits. Was relieved that basically, I just got a few additional facility choices if I get dissatisfied with my current fitness centers. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 651

The booklet I recieved from AARP UHC specifically referenced 'At Your Best' and Renew Active, and that the membership would be free. It will go live and accessible to us in January. I had gotten a small postcard from my pension fund on dates for insurance webinars/seminars, but not the enrollment handbook. I looked online and my program's book is live now. It has a summary page up front that lists changes to the various plans for the coming year. This is what it said for our AARP supplemental UHC plan - 
"The AARP Plan F will now include access to the “At Your Best” wellness program which includes a free membership at any gym participating in the network."

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 651

Well, the link you provided is all about Medicare Advantage plans.  I tried to use it but it does not work for Supplemental plans.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 651

Shame on United Health Care for Dropping Silver Sneakers Without a fair warning I waked into my YMCA only that my membership is not valid How about advanced notice Renew Fitness not valid In South Carolina Thanks 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 651

It's going to take me a long time to feel better about AARP. Seems like there has been a complete lack of transparency in taking away Silver Sneakers and their plan for replacement. We left when we could and haven't regretted the decision. We are paying less for more benefits. I can't predict what the future will bring in costs, but it doesn't seem like the move away from AARP will be negative for us in the long run. And it made me feel so much better.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors