Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 61 of 688

In the absence of Silversneakers disappearing I signed up with LAFitness which costs me 50% of monthly fee. We got completely screwed by UHC and AARP.  For AARP to state that they had nothing to do with the decision & and to see UHC advertise its supplement by emphasizing “AARPs confidence “ in their product boggles my mind. Do they think we are stupid?    I was thinking Humana Supplement included Silversneakers, but my problem would be that Humana wouldn’t accept me based on my health mess

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 688

Responder 'marteenuz' must not know the difference between a Advantage Plan and Supplemental Plan (Medigap), as it's right in the MyRenewActive header: "Renew Active™ from UnitedHealthcare, available with select Medicare Advantage plans." 

So far I find NO acceptable altertatives for the Silver Sneeker program from UHC in Arizona.  Will be switching to Humana in 2020.  Active™ from UnitedHealthcare, available with select Medicare Advantage plansRRenew Active™ from UnitedHealthcare, available with select Medicare Advantage plansenRenew Active™ from UnitedHealthcare, available with select Medicare Advantage plansew Active™ from UnitedHealthcare, available with select Medicare Advantage plans

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 688

I had concerns over this but found that the facilities I use with Silver Sneakers are all going to be doing the Renew Acitve plan as well.   I really value SS and wanted to get the same benefits. Was relieved that basically, I just got a few additional facility choices if I get dissatisfied with my current fitness centers. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 688

The booklet I recieved from AARP UHC specifically referenced 'At Your Best' and Renew Active, and that the membership would be free. It will go live and accessible to us in January. I had gotten a small postcard from my pension fund on dates for insurance webinars/seminars, but not the enrollment handbook. I looked online and my program's book is live now. It has a summary page up front that lists changes to the various plans for the coming year. This is what it said for our AARP supplemental UHC plan - 
"The AARP Plan F will now include access to the “At Your Best” wellness program which includes a free membership at any gym participating in the network."

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 688

Well, the link you provided is all about Medicare Advantage plans.  I tried to use it but it does not work for Supplemental plans.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 688

Shame on United Health Care for Dropping Silver Sneakers Without a fair warning I waked into my YMCA only that my membership is not valid How about advanced notice Renew Fitness not valid In South Carolina Thanks 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 688

It's going to take me a long time to feel better about AARP. Seems like there has been a complete lack of transparency in taking away Silver Sneakers and their plan for replacement. We left when we could and haven't regretted the decision. We are paying less for more benefits. I can't predict what the future will bring in costs, but it doesn't seem like the move away from AARP will be negative for us in the long run. And it made me feel so much better.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 688

This link says it is for Advantage programs.  What about the Supplemental plans?  No information seems to be forthcoming.  I read that organizations are still being signed up, so no complete information is available.  What about a preliminary list being published now, so we can make informed decisions?  Or is this another instance of smoke and mirrors?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 688

John, go to www.myrenewactive.com.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 688

No, you did not understand my post. I am not in Medicare Advantage, I am in AARP Medicare Supplement.
Last year our plans in Illinois were pulled out of Silver Sneakers and offered gym memberships in one gym for 50% off (LA Fitness membership was the deluxe multistate access to all LAF locations). Today I received a notice from AARP Medicare Supplement saying that they will start a new program called At Your Best by UHC. It includes "Renew Active" access with standard access to a network of gyms and fitness locations for free. Like Silver Sneakers, they will again let members sign up for access at multiple locationgyms. 

As I said, last year they were not letting members access the list of participating locations in Optum Fitness until January 1st, meaning we were renewing our insurance without knowing how far the closest gym was. But there is a Renew Active website that can be accessed now and lets you search by distance from your zipcode. The website is -

www.myrenewactive.com

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users