Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY

Message 11 of 38

Michelle,

The problem is when they don't notify us that the price has gone up. They just send it and bill our credit cards,then refuse to take the medicine back. Now we have to fight with Optum rx and credit companies. Optum should have it set so if the price is higher than previously paid,it sends a robo call to ask if we still want it. They know this.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 38

😩 bad idea here but i like readimg these. I am an advocate with optumrx. I read these so i can anonymously send management tickets on what wr can do better. I agree with some of this. But pricing wise please know we get prices from the insurance and they tell us what youll pay. Just know im here to express these concerns! Im so so sorry yall were not treated right!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 38

Im so sorry you had to deal with this. Please be advised that they arent aware of pricing until the order is booked or price check is ran. Its all based off insurance and when the evaluate meds. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 38

Hi, I'm Greg and have been disabled since 2012. I had no other but to use SSDI due to moving from N.Y. to S.D. and osing my Health Ins. and clould not pay enough to get another company to pick me up. I wasn't even able to join S.D. risk pool due to prior condition ( L-4,L-5 ) fusion. I have so many problems here with the system here and recently presciption refills even with prior auths. I only last week found out from a Nurse trying to help me have my regular medications refilled that OptumRx is contracted by S.D. for mdication refills. I'm stepping into a huge mess at the moment because there is no accountability from anyone. Social Security is stone walling me as well as this " company" .I have only now also found an Advocacy group out here but they seem unsure as they have " never heard " of what's going on. This term is all I seem to hear.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 38

I agree. Not ONLY the credit card issue, there are soooo many other issues. Here is a review I wrote today on Yelp.

===

It will be with GREAT HAPPINESS when my year with OptumRx is done. They are the WORST PBM I have ever had to deal with. Their customer services reps are rude, condescending, do not understand customer service, and SPEW POLICY. Anytime a company has to cite, lecture and preach policy, it means they have NO CONCEPT of customer service.

Please understand, I worked in operations, sales, marketing, account services, etc. Within healthcare INCLUDING managing call centers. I also understand EOB, EOC, SPD, and as a member services supervisor I had to understand HUNDREDS OF PAGES of policy. Then HUNDREDS of different customer plans.

I am so thoroughly DISGUSTED with this PBM. AND one of the reps when I asked if I was allowed to speak, she then said yes. Then she went on to tell me about MUTUAL respect on the call. Again, I managed call centers in various industries. I also managed the call center Technology. As well as manged telecommunications. I manged restaurants, I waited tables. I have worked front line positions. I have worked I retail. In other words, they believe I have NO CONCEPT of mutual respect. Then MANAGEMENT NEVER even contacted me when this company completed screwed up. NOTE: I also reported to VPs and interfaced and routinely worked with EVP and C level individuals.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 38
Absolutely correct! The GoodRX drug app even showed me where I could get my antibiotic for free on my own prescription just recently in November 2018.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 38

@timlay wrote:
You can't use good rx if your on Medicare/Medicaid.

Wrong.  There is no law that forces you to use insurance that you already have.  You just have to tell your pharmacist to use the GoodRx coupon instead of your insurance.  And, most amazingly, that coupon price can contribute toward your insurance deductible.  See

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/ways-to-beat-your-insurance-copay/

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 38
You can't use good rx if your on Medicare/Medicaid.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 38

I did a price check on 3 drugs with the new AARP Optumrx discount plan.  None were covered making the cost very high on each drug.  Don't bother signing up for this bogus savings plan.  The prices with goodrx are much better.  Check all of you presciption prices on the goodrx  website before purchasing.  On certain medications they have saved us from 10 to 30 dollars compared to the costs of the part D plan that we have.  The aarp optumrx plan had us paying up to $200 for the same pills goodrx had for around $10 to $20  I agree, stay away from the aarp optumrx plan and don't even bother.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 38

Upon SETUP of new account - the sign in page goes NO WHERE.

This is not trustworthy behavior for a site that requires passwords.

No Thank You.  AARP needs to take this program OFF their network recommendations.

Kudos
Views