28% increase in The Hartford auto insurance premiums

Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: 28% increase in The Hartford auto insurance premiums

Message 1 of 36
Same exact thing with me! Thanks for the tip regarding Geico. Can't believe that my premium is $600 more a year. I have no accidents or tickets. They've become greedy!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 36

Good thoughts, but it's still hard for seniors to keep up with increases on everything. Pretty soon we won't be able to drive, have extra health care or medigap, keep our internet, phones, and TV. Not good.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 36

@Patilla wrote:

. . . . .  It's not fair to be increased because of other drivers on the road. In NY, the state now allows undocumented aliens to get a license! This could be one reason costs soar.

It isn't just "other drivers" - the cost of new cars today is upwards of $ 40,000 - with all the tech stuff added, even more.  What if your older car hits one of them - your insurance pays/

To insure what you may have against a liability claim, cost a lot.  Many people are underinsured; others maybe uninsured.  If they hit you and don't have money to pay (Uninsured) or don't have enough to pay your claim (Under-insured) - then your coverage pays under Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist.

Wonder how much our rates will go up when and if driverless cars are added to our highways en masse - wonder what their insurance will be like?

It does pay to shop around every few years but make sure the comparison is apples to apples.

I read the other day on some insurer website that just like the young are hit with higher rates because of their age, there seems to be another escalation in premiums at 75 years of age.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 36

I received my renewal from Hartford, 40% increase, no accidents or tickets. I just got a quote from Geico, around the same price I was paying last year. Good bye Hartford!!!

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 36

Yikes! I'm keeping my old car. I just switched both home and car insurance to another company and saved quite a bit. It's not fair to be increased because of other drivers on the road. In NY, the state now allows undocumented aliens to get a license! This could be one reason costs soar.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 36

I just got a quote from the Hartford in the mail for $4500/year for a 2019 Ford Fiesta. I'm currently paying $1900/year. What's going on with them? Absolutely outragious!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 36

I just got a much better quote from a local agent with another insurer. I called The Hartford/AARP about the huge increase and they couldn't do anything for me, so toodle-loo!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 36

Don't Feel So Bad Here In Las Vegas, NV. The Hartford Auto Insurance Premiums And Home  Insurance Premiums Rate Increase... I Got Home And Auto Quotes From Other Insurance Companies.  Hartford Insurance Premiums Was Lower. Even With A Clean Driving Record. 

After Years With Hartford Auto And Home Insurance Premiums I Flied Just One Claim With Hartford Home Insurance, Hartford Send "To Me" Some Of The Worst Construction Companies Here In Las Vegas. I Called Hartford To Complaint And For Help All I Got From Hartford  DEAF EARS.!!!!!  

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 36

If you like Hartford contact a local Hartford agent. We compared the same Hartford plan through a local agent vs the AARP Hartford quote.

Local was less expensive for the same coverage.

We have used a local independent agency for HO and auto coverage for over 30 years. Can't tell you how many different carriers we have had during that time. Local service means something to us. 

There is no reason to stay married to the same carrier. Also no reason to spend your time going online, filling out quote requests, having your phone ring or get flooded with emails. Let your agent do the legwork for you and advocate on your behalf when there is a claim.

Bark less. Wag more.
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 36

No kidding. I just got my bill - on a Sat. - when I couldn't reach them. It went up over $100! How do they expect to continue bleeding seniors until they can't eat anymore? Are they part of the Illuminati agenda?

Kudos
Views