Discover Healthy Recipes. Search By Cuisine, Lifestyle, Nutritional Info And More. Earn Double Reward Points.

Info Seeker

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 11 of 54

Women know that about men, so some women hide their true nature often from a man they might be interested in.:smileyindifferent.

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 12 of 54

AMEN!!! For the record, asking a man out on a date is not pushy and aggressive. I find it really amusing that some people consider when a man asks a woman out it's ok but, when a woman asks a man out it's aggressive and pushy. Seriously??? It's double standards like that one that make dating so difficult for women.

Fortunately, there are still men out there that find confident and secure women appealing and desirable.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 54

@jean2much - I don't think women who want a good relationship are interested in pushy & aggressive men either!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 14 of 54
I don't care what century we are in, Men don't like pushy and aggressive women.
Info Seeker

Message 15 of 54

Hello Ladies!

I need to find someone fast and soon. Christmas is coming up and I need someone from the naughty list to show me a good time Smiley Wink

Im looking for that special someone cause I have a tumor in my left pinky.

I have 1,500 points already and if you want some, just put it on your wish list.

I'll see yall ho ho ho's in my workshop Smiley Wink

-Santa Clause-Kolson

Conversationalist

Message 16 of 54

Reading your response about the shuttle driver had me remembering an Uber driver I met.  During our ride (about 30min) we had an incredible conversation that I really wanted to continue.  Long story short, I asked him out and while there were a couple of reasons why we weren't compatible, he was a really great date and I had a lot of fun.

Conversationalist

Message 17 of 54

Now see, if that was me, I would have said something like, "so are you dating anyone" and if he wasn't, I would have asked him out.  I grew up with a similar adage "guys ask out girls, not the other way around".  LOL  It's the 21st century and if I waited for some reluctant guy to ask me out, I would have a whole lot fewer dates.  Just saying!!!!

Conversationalist

Message 18 of 54

I understand your quandry completely.  I've been in similar situations and have not had the guts to say anything despite feeling that there is a mutual connection.  I feel like men from my generation are unlikely to want a woman to make the advance but at the same time they don't seem like they want to either.  Probably as hard for a man to risk rejection as it is a woman.  No advice I'm afraid - just commiserating with you.

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 54

It is sad and I do feel sorry for the good guys who can never get a foot in the door because so many losers are clogging the path. I met a really nice guy yesterday who was the porter driving me from the dealership to my office and back. Nice guy - and btw I don’t care what your ‘profession’ is - as soon as I got in the car he started talking about his deaf daughter and we just clicked - I started talking about mine and before you knew it we were laughing like old friends. So now I’m the one who’s afraid - I want to get to know more about him - but “girls don’t chase boys”.  So now what? Just leave a great chance encounter on the table? Sadly, patience is not really my forte’. 

Conversationalist

Message 20 of 54
Amen!!! I don't know where you are but it sounds like the same kind of men in my area too! So sad! I'm finding I'm so cautious and wary when it comes to meeting people online and in the 17mon since I've been single again (after a 21yr marriage), online dating is nothing more than a system where I am giving up quality for quantity. I'm not into "volume dating" and would much rather have a handful of really good dates than a boatload of really bad and/or mediorcre dates.