Looking for a part-time job? AARP's online career fair Jan. 24 can help! Register for free.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 11 of 74

I am totally new here. Is this a dating site on this forum here?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 74

Nov. There is no need to partner with a dating site.  We have one right here and many of us are professionals and or older adults and wise.

What is the problem with this site?

I am all done

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 74
I AM ALL DONE WITH THIS SITE AND MAYBE AARP
There is too much masking and not enough real help

This dating site should be very simple; we are members, looking for fellow teachers and or geologists for a day of

What is the problem?

Not able to get into views and or replies

Who is running this site or is it indeed a fake site now
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 74

I am getting no where on this site and have been a member for 18 years.  Do we need AARP(called another name maybe) meet and greet events  and or dance centers or conventions 1/mo

What do we need other than on line?

I would like maybe a chance to meet other educators or geologists and catagorize them on line maybe

NO ONE emails me and I will not put any images on line; I am an intelligent active young 70 year old-the internet has ruined some of my students lives already and obviously some adults

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 74

Your meeting me now

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 74
We need community events/parties more and conventions and gatherings around the us and more involvement from out chapter presidents or even having chapters-more opportunies to meet others locally does not exist in the twin cities
AARP can do this and I, personally, have nothing to do with any other website
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 74

I like the idea of AARP having a meetup or dating kind of site; someone asked about fees and screening.  Screening does nothing; have to keep engaing and learn to talk and communicate safely.

I think the us has a poor rating re how to meet others and I question wheter on line is the way to go vs community parties maybe or meets and city AARP residents should be taking a more leads; for ex, in Mn we need chapters, more than 1 and meet often , not 2x  a year; companionship and events are very limited

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 74

@r447879w - I believe they did partner with another company to have a dating website for a while. But there's a lot of competition, and most sites now charge a fee. How much would AARP members be willing to pay, for the sort of screening they probably want? Then come all the complex questions about who would be allowed to use the AARP dating website (age-wise), which would either be a problem for all the AARP-eligible people who want to meet someone a lot younger than themselves, or the AARP-eligible people who don't want to be propositioned by people much younger!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 74
I don't know why there isn't a screened dating site on AARP because it's a great way for seniors who are seeking to marry to meet.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 74

I've never touched any of those "sites."  I have plenty of female friends and I value them for who they are.  Going the "distance" isn't that important to me.

Kudos
Views