Medicare open enrollment has begun! Learn all about it in AARP's guide to Medicare made easy.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 1 of 59
We need community events/parties more and conventions and gatherings around the us and more involvement from out chapter presidents or even having chapters-more opportunies to meet others locally does not exist in the twin cities
AARP can do this and I, personally, have nothing to do with any other website
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 59

I like the idea of AARP having a meetup or dating kind of site; someone asked about fees and screening.  Screening does nothing; have to keep engaing and learn to talk and communicate safely.

I think the us has a poor rating re how to meet others and I question wheter on line is the way to go vs community parties maybe or meets and city AARP residents should be taking a more leads; for ex, in Mn we need chapters, more than 1 and meet often , not 2x  a year; companionship and events are very limited

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 59

@r447879w - I believe they did partner with another company to have a dating website for a while. But there's a lot of competition, and most sites now charge a fee. How much would AARP members be willing to pay, for the sort of screening they probably want? Then come all the complex questions about who would be allowed to use the AARP dating website (age-wise), which would either be a problem for all the AARP-eligible people who want to meet someone a lot younger than themselves, or the AARP-eligible people who don't want to be propositioned by people much younger!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 59
I don't know why there isn't a screened dating site on AARP because it's a great way for seniors who are seeking to marry to meet.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 59

I've never touched any of those "sites."  I have plenty of female friends and I value them for who they are.  Going the "distance" isn't that important to me.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 59
AMEN!!!!! I love the Wayne Gretsky quote about missing 100% of the shots you don't take. Sooo true. Life is all about "taking a shot".
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 59
I've never subscribed to the girls don't chase boys rule. I think if you are fortunate enough to have connected with a wonderful man, why not ask him out for coffee? Sometimes, we miss our best opportunities for fear of what someone else thinks about it. We're not going to get any 'more grown', so live your life as you see fit. It's time to stop worrying about what people who couldn't identify you in a lineup has to say about your choices. Good luck to you!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 59

What dating site? hmm. That would be a great idea for AARP to create. AARP members can chat about issues and also meet.  But Scammers always find a way to infiltrate the program. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 59

name of site?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 59

I also thought AARP had a dating site but only found this.

Kudos
Views