Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 1 of 77

Thanks for the info, I was just looking today because I thought idnseen it advertised somewhere. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 77

No such thing as an official AARP dating site? Well, that explains a lot. I've seen it supposedly listed on Bing & Google, but no doubt by less than honest people just wanting to get clicks and therefore commissions, but couldn't find anything on AARP<dot>COM that resembled a dating site.

So I put a little info about myself in a post here, and hope someone finds it who could become a good friend. Here's hoping!!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 77

@CavelliC456022  AARP does not have a dating site at this time.  We have a great variety of forums to talk to others about a myriad of topics that we hope you will join in.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 77

Please how do I register on your dating site as I cannot find where I can register to meet my better half

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 77

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 77

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 77

@Midgekin - Periodically, AARP does an article on a subject, and includes links to discussions in Online Community. I doubt they bother checking how old the most recent posting was, so suddenly there's a flurry of new activity when a discussion's been over for a long time.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 77

@ASTRAEA  - Thanks those were some great responses to @Midgekin.

AARP did test a dating partnership a few years ago and it just wasn't a great fit.  There are dating sites that are businesses solely for that purpose and AARP's mission is not to become that.  We are here to help members connect with one another on like subject matters and we can tell you that many have made lifelong friends here online.  We hope that you are also interested in finding others to discuss a wide array of topics and that you will find friends that are interested in discussing similar subject matter.

Let us know if we can help you or have additional questions.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 77

Honestly, my interest in any of the dating websites is almost non-existent at this point.  It's hard enough to trust people you meet in person let alone those hiding behind an online "persona".  I posted the original query quite some time ago and am quite surprised to all of a sudden have a flurry of responses.  As for me, I'm not interested in going down the online path at this time.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 77

@Midgekin - I don't work for AARP, but I will say that they "helped" one of the singles groups in Online Community, by assigning two "dating experts" to it. All I'll say is based on their "help", I wouldn't want to participate in a dating website AARP managed.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views