Discover Healthy Recipes. Search By Cuisine, Lifestyle, Nutritional Info And More. Earn Double Reward Points.

Conversationalist

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 1 of 54
AMEN!!!!! I love the Wayne Gretsky quote about missing 100% of the shots you don't take. Sooo true. Life is all about "taking a shot".
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 2 of 54
I've never subscribed to the girls don't chase boys rule. I think if you are fortunate enough to have connected with a wonderful man, why not ask him out for coffee? Sometimes, we miss our best opportunities for fear of what someone else thinks about it. We're not going to get any 'more grown', so live your life as you see fit. It's time to stop worrying about what people who couldn't identify you in a lineup has to say about your choices. Good luck to you!
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 54

What dating site? hmm. That would be a great idea for AARP to create. AARP members can chat about issues and also meet.  But Scammers always find a way to infiltrate the program. 

Info Seeker +

Message 4 of 54

name of site?

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 54

I also thought AARP had a dating site but only found this.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 54

WOW!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 7 of 54

Bonnie, I agree with everything you said! SO glad you were smarter than the jerk.

Germangirl/Huntsville tx

Gold Conversationalist

Message 8 of 54

I just signed onto this site and would love to know what happened. Did you and the transport driver ever decide to go out? I was raised to never make the first move but sometimes men are shy??

Germangirl/Huntsville Tx

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 54

ASTRAEA wrote:

jiml149310 wrote:

Women know that about men, so some women hide their true nature often from a man they might be interested in.:smileyindifferent.

@jiml149310 - I'm not sure what post that's in response to, but it works both ways! Plenty of men add to their height & subtract from their weight, when they describe themselves to women. I remember years ago, a guy telling me he was very involved with politics (which I am) .. then it turned out to just mean that he read political articles in the newspaper!

@ASTRAEA  Too funny! Smiley Happy

Goes to show that involvement is a subjective thing.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 54

jiml149310 wrote:

Women know that about men, so some women hide their true nature often from a man they might be interested in.:smileyindifferent.

@jiml149310 - I'm not sure what post that's in response to, but it works both ways! Plenty of men add to their height & subtract from their weight, when they describe themselves to women. I remember years ago, a guy telling me he was very involved with politics (which I am) .. then it turned out to just mean that he read political articles in the newspaper!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!