Are you a caregiver? Tell us how you plan your getaway with loved ones for a chance to enter a weekly prize drawing.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 1 of 57

@r447879w - I believe they did partner with another company to have a dating website for a while. But there's a lot of competition, and most sites now charge a fee. How much would AARP members be willing to pay, for the sort of screening they probably want? Then come all the complex questions about who would be allowed to use the AARP dating website (age-wise), which would either be a problem for all the AARP-eligible people who want to meet someone a lot younger than themselves, or the AARP-eligible people who don't want to be propositioned by people much younger!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 57
I don't know why there isn't a screened dating site on AARP because it's a great way for seniors who are seeking to marry to meet.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 57

I've never touched any of those "sites."  I have plenty of female friends and I value them for who they are.  Going the "distance" isn't that important to me.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 57
AMEN!!!!! I love the Wayne Gretsky quote about missing 100% of the shots you don't take. Sooo true. Life is all about "taking a shot".
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 57
I've never subscribed to the girls don't chase boys rule. I think if you are fortunate enough to have connected with a wonderful man, why not ask him out for coffee? Sometimes, we miss our best opportunities for fear of what someone else thinks about it. We're not going to get any 'more grown', so live your life as you see fit. It's time to stop worrying about what people who couldn't identify you in a lineup has to say about your choices. Good luck to you!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 57

What dating site? hmm. That would be a great idea for AARP to create. AARP members can chat about issues and also meet.  But Scammers always find a way to infiltrate the program. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 57

name of site?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 57

I also thought AARP had a dating site but only found this.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 57

WOW!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 57

Bonnie, I agree with everything you said! SO glad you were smarter than the jerk.

Germangirl/Huntsville tx

Kudos
Views