On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 1 of 104

@TeresaW749156 

Also Teresa there are tons of Forums in the Community 

Front Porch has folks who check in everyday 

Lots of topics you can read and posts to. ... Enjoy the discovery of it all

Ginger  :  ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 104

@TeresaW749156 

Morning Teresa 

Welcome to Our Community 

Want to let you know if you are responding to a particular person's posts When you post put @ [just as I did you above]  it'll bring up list of persons posted just pick them out of list that way we will know who you are posting/replying to

AARP doesn't have a dating app or service which is what this post is about but you certainly can meet others here and send private messages to others if you desire; which use if you want to give out personal information if you post your email or other info They'll remove it so its best to use the message system 

Any questions Just post and folks will help you 

Again Welcome & Good luck 

Have a beautiful day !

Ginger  :  ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 104

Hi Greetings warmly in the AARP Dating Site,

I'm up this morning and seen  your post and sounded interesting.  I am 56 and been divorced since 2009.  I been on my own since 2008.  I am looking for someone that can communicate and we can bounce off information back and forth that we are compatible with. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

AARP DATING SITE

Message 4 of 104

It seems no one really wants an AARP Dating Site because it is far easier to complain about dating than actual date. Dating is not sex or marriage.  It is not about finding the right person and crossing off who we believe is not compatible.  Instead we engage in senseless banter about our own personal concerns or generalized criticism of the opposite sex.

AARP dating could work if its goal was to bring people together beyond disjointed postings and unconnected topics.  Dating requires getting to know someone and joining together with them to do something productive.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 104

@2beingme 

Hi Donne Thanks 

Indeed as song Says "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger"

Me & my mom & friend Tulia always said getting older isn't for sissies 

We become stronger from living and going through our experiences which gives me better insight to what desire for my life to no longer settle. 

Happy is a choice 

Thanks for sharing 

Ginger : ) 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 104

You're welcome Ginger.  Being a single senior citizen is not easy and definitely not for wussies but I believe that we're a tough breed though.  While becoming single again, at this point in my life, was devastating, it most certainly wasn't the worst thing that could have ever happened to me.  I don't say that to trivilize or disrespect anyone else's devastation of becoming single and alone at this age, I just want to express that we can survive and we can move on to still live fulfilling lives.  It's just that our lives will be different; we develop a new normal, of sorts.

Anyway, I wish you well and I hope you find what you're looking for, whatever that may be.  Have a wonderful weekend.

DonneSmiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 104

@Kaye6262 

Hey Kaye I have not met anyone here face to face but have made some friend connections here just from having topics in common 

Also there is group on here under Topic "Random Thoughts" called Front porch thread which has folks who live all over but check in everyday about Weather and such

So just a bonding found through having & sharing our common experiences 

Good luck 

Ginger  : ) 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 104

@2beingme 

Hey thanks so much for sharing your story 

Your an inspiration to me & others

My marriage ended just over 5 years ago the 1st couple years were tough was living on my own for 1st time in my life at 56 years of age & lost my Mom & a best  friend of 25+years almost 4 years ago It all was a big whammy on my life. I too was devastated and knew my life would never be same hadn't dated since 1995 & dating doesn't seem to be same these days. 

I have  moved twice.  I couldn't or didn't want to stay in home we'd built 4 years before but was hard losing my 15 acres had with my 2 boys b4 met him 

I also never want to marry again.... been there done that 

Since can't work even being an outgoing person who enjoys being around others and usually made friends found husbands while working its tough finding connections 

Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions & giving me hope things will better just gotta put one foot in front of other & seek out others 

I don't have a bad life plus also realize things happened for reason & I have been blessed alot & keep trying to accept change can be a friend not the end of the world which I felt when all the dominoes in my life were falling apart 

Thanks & hopeful,

Ginger  : ) 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 104

Great.  I would come to San Antionio for a singles event if I know what kind; will there be danceing, 50-70's?  Will there be disco?  Will there be a diverse population?  Sure, i will come.  I come from the dance clubs in the twin cities that were all closed in the late 80's early 90's and the prom centers and ballrooms-the worst thing that could have ever happened to our social lives.

Up here, we have an event coming, called biking.  Not for me; I can do this in my neighborhood.

Maybe we need to switch over to the retired ass. of america and see what they are up to.

We are not dealing at all with the new era of single retirees and most are women and their needs and new social requests at all.

This is a dito dito website and I am sorry I have 2 more years on my membership.

This particular site may not even be designed by older adults at all on staff at aarp.

I do not even know . We have no chapter meetings in MN any longer-we have no such place to mingle other than the aarp here posting events in the twin cities to go, which we already know about.

I joined single womesn travel and am seeking single senior roomates now in the south to save on money , lonliness, and having more finances to see other parts of the country.  I have applied for overseas teaching  and they will not take people beyond age 61 so here we are again.

BEING WRITTEN OFF

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 104

Hi Diane:

Tell me what you are looking for and what kind of information you would like. Where do you live? Where do you like to travel? Your cheif concerns about dating? What brings happiness and excitement?

Bruce

Kudos
Views