Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Periodic Contributor

• Yes sens me a direct message pls
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Pamela,

I seem to have gotten a message from you via the AARP pen pals website, so this email is in response.  I hope that you will consider me as a potential pen pal.  I am an early retired professional.  I reside in an upscale suburb of Memphis TN.  I am educated and articulate.  By now, I have probably read thousands of books, and that means that I know at least a little about a lot of things, which can make for some good conversation.  I am 67, divorced, not looking to "date" or anything like that -- I just seek friendship,  My dog Gracie is a German sheperd, and she makes a great security system.  My email is [EMAIL ADDRESS AND POSTAL ADDRESS REMOVED FROM PUBLIC VIEW> PLEASE USE THE PRIVATE MESSAGING OPTION]  Let me hear from you, please.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Michelle,  I see that you posted this request a month ago, but I just now saw it, and I would love to send letters to the Senior Social Group. [Email address removed from PUBLIC view for online privacy. Please use the Private Messaging function on the community]. Hope to hear back. 

Christine

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would love to send letters to the group 

Hello EVERYONE,

Please do not disclose personal details in public. 

If you wish to communicate private details, or connect with another member of the community, please use the Private Messaging function.  Simply click on the username of the person you wish to message, then on their user page, select "Send Private Message" on the right side of the page.  This will open a new page which you can use to type private messages into. (Image Below)

Private messages are only seen between the sender and the recipient

In any case, you should ALWAYS be careful sharing personal details online.

Annotation 2020-01-15 195812.png

Thanks everyone

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

How do I post to penpals?

0 Kudos

Hello! 

Where it says reply with the arrow , i believe is how you reply...

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello. I would be very interested in finding a penpal. My name is Bev.

I am retired, am an AARP member and have lots of interests, such as photography, art, gourds, reading, writing, calligraphy, and cats.  Please contact me.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello Bec! 

I would be interested in exchanging emails if you would like to be PenPal's? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Trisha,

I welcome the opportunity to begin a penpal friendship with you and I am eager to learn more about you soon.  I think that I told you a little about myself -- at least enough to reassure you and to get started.  Whatever else that you might like to know, just feel free to ask me.

Look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello.  I actually hated to put my birthdate down for fear none would respond to such an aged person, but heck, I am what I am.   My names is Catherine and I live in East Texas, what they call the Piney's.  I am not sure what I can write for the 1st time, so I will begin by saying my husband passed away December 2018.  I started trying to pick up the pieces and get on with things, but this morning I decided to see if there were any pen-pal organizations around.  I don't take pictures well and just chose this one as I look happy.  Truthfully, I am not always happy, but I am positive and try to be.   So many things I could write about myself but unsure I would get any replies, so I am up to hearing about others and their life.  

84433D58-45A3-496C-AAE5-43108EA8D730.jpeg

Periodic Contributor

I would Michelle. My address is  [email address and postal address removed from public view. Please use Private Messenger function to contact]

Periodic Contributor

Hello Michelle,

I might be willing to serve as a "pen pal" for some of your seniors via "snail mail" or email.  I have plenty of time on my hands as I have been retired for about fourteen years and I really don't do much except read a lot (something I love to do), mess with my dog (I have a German sheperd), and watch a little television.  I am articulate and educated.  I was a professional and musician.  I have two daughters, seven grand kids, and two great grand kids.  I am divorced.  My father was a mathmatician and my mother was a musician and artisit.  I live in an upscale suburb of Memphis.  I am a Christian.  I am 66.  That's enough to get started.   [email address and postal address removed from public view. Please use Private Messenger function to contact]

Regular Contributor

I would be interested. You can send me a private message with your email and we can exchange addresses. 

Click on the highlated name (Sandi) to reply. 

Thank you. 

Contributor

Hello Sandy, 

I hope this finds you well and healthy. 

I appreciate your responding to my post. 

I have several ladies that would be interested in becoming pen pals. Most live alone, little family contact and this time of year becomes tough on them. I will be sure to pass along the information that I have found others that are interested in pen pals as well. Call me old school, but I remember my grandmother having several ladies she would write letters to often. I guess it just stuck with me. 

As I mentioned, most of these ladies do not have computers or emails, so postal service is their mode at this time. I have offered to be the go-between until more solid connections have been established, I will not, however, be opening any letters sent to or from the ladies. 

I wish you the warmest of holidays and many blessings in the new year.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello.  I am 49 years old and married.   Would love to be a snail mail pen friend to some of your ladies.   I work in a call center full time and spend my free time cooking and gardening.   I have one son and am from Cincinnati  but currently live in Nebraska.   Please let me know as want to give back.  I know how difficult the holidays can be as all my family live in Cincinnati.   I have no family in Nebraska.  

Thanks

Laurie 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello!

I have been looking for a person to PenPal with. I waanted to branch out of my comfort zone and meet new people. I am a 29 year old who lives in Oklahoma. I am a librarian who has two cats and a husky. I would love to start corresponding! Hope you are having a good holiday. 

Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would love to be your penpal. Recently retired teacher in S. CA.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Sharon, My name is David, Married and Retired. We live in New York
Looking for a pen pal.
What did you teach??
David Eig
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would like to be your penpal.  Recently retired teacher in S. CA.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

hello Sharon,

I would enjoy hearing from you. I am a retired, (dusabled) musician and truck driver. 73 and in assisted living. Live in southeast TN where i grew up. I enjoy comedy movies, reading, fishing, and a few sports. My one weakness is seafood, and chocolate although i am lucky to be thin.  Divorced with one daughhter, 3 grandkids and 1 great grandson. Look forward to hearing from you soon.  God Bless.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Sharon, My name is David, Married and Retired.

We live in New York.

Also love seafood, chocolate and ribs.

We have 3 sons.

Stay safe, David

David Eig
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Sharon, 

I seem to have gotten an email from you via the AARP pen pals website, so this is in response.  First thank you so much.  I hope that you get this message.  I am an early retired professional, living in an upscale suburb of Memphis TN.  I am 67 and divorced.  I am not looking for a "date" or anything like that, just friendship and exchange of ideas.  I love to read and take care of my German shepherd, Gracie.  Other than that, I am resting from leading a very bust life.  When I retired, I really retired and simplified everything.  I don't even have a car, although I esed to have some nice ones.  I have two grown daughters with their own families, seven grand kids, and even two great grand kids.  My[EMAIL ADDRESS AND PERSONAL ADDRESS REMOVED FROM PUBLIC VIEW FOR YOUR SAFETY- PLEASE USE THE PRIVATE MESSAGE FUNCTION] Let me hear from you soon!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

Hello I am into the same things and would love to corespond with you also 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Angie,

Got your message this morning -- thank you for your interest!  I promise that I am safe, too.  I am not really looking for a "date" or anything like that, just friendship, exchange of ideas, and spirituality.  I think that I told about myself some in my notification that you read.  I live in an upscale suburb of Memphis TN called Germantown (it is really nice).  I am educated and articulate, for what that's worth.  I love to read.  I was a professional muscian.  I own a Greman shepherd named Gracie and love dogs.  We can email (my preferencebecause its easier and faster) or "snail mail" (if you prefer -- you may not have a computer).  Please tell me a little more about yourself.  Where are you?  - Alan Gray

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Trisha,

I am willing to try being your pen pal friend if you're interested.  I have all kinds of time on my hands.  I live in an upscale suburb of Memphis, Tennessee called Germantown.  I love to read and by now, I must have read literally thousands of books.  Seriously!  I am educated and articulate.  My father was a mathmatician and violinist and my mother was a musician and artist.  I am originally from east central Illinois (Champaign-Urbana).  I have a younger sister and a younger brother, and two daughters.  I am divorced.  Well, maybe that's enough to get started.  I prefer email, but I am willing to do "snail mail" too, if that is what you are looking for.  Please get in touch and tell me a little more about yourself.  Thanks in advance for your interest!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello Alan,

I was just browsing this site for the first time, and your name kept coming up. I said 'this guy sounds interesting, he sounds like he is the friend to have'. I am retired, female, 60, and like you 'not looking to date' just wish I had someone to 'talk' to. I live in Phoenix, AZ ( I love the desert ) , am the proud "cat mom" to 4 , very spoiled cats, whom would love to give Gracie a run for her money. Hope we can become "pals".  Have a great day.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Bev,

Let's give it a try.  I have been retire for about 14 years.  I am willing to use email (which I prefer, because its a bit easier on my aging wrists and faster) or "snail mail" (if that's what you prefer -- maybe you don't have a computer).  I am safe -- I am not interested in finding a "date"; those days are long gone!  I just turned 67.  I am more interested in friendship, exchanging ideas, and the spitritual at this time of life.  I, too, love to read.  If you asked me, I would probably say that that is my main hobby -- I have read literally thousand of books by now, and I still read about five a month or more. I also love dogs and own a German shepherd named Gracie.  She makes for a great security system!  I have been to Virginia a couple of times and really enjoyed my visit.  Please get in touch and tell me more about yourself.

0 Kudos

Hello. 

My name is vanessa and I'm interested in the penpals. I am 66 years old. I'm divorced grandmother of two. I have one daughter and two grandkids who are all adults. I am retired so I spend lots of my time at home and around the house. But on occasions when the weather is nice I like to sit out by the pool, have a nice glass of lemonade, watch the kids swim in the pool, listen to some good music and bbq. I like arts and crafts. And I also like sewing and knitting. I like bingo. Walks in the park. Meeting new friends and more. And I would also like to be added to your penpal list for penpals from people all over the world doesnt matter if male or female. But I prefer someone whose close to my age that I can relate to. If anyone is interested in being my penpal, please send me a Private Message using the community function

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon, 

I would love to be pen pals! 

I am looking for pen pals. One that doesn't mind email. I was thinking of making it a weekly, biweekly, or monthly correspondence depending on their schedules. During these times, I feel that it is a good time to reach out to people and make friends. A little about me, I am recently married and almost 31 years old. We have two cats and a dog. I have been called an "old soul" my entire life which may be why I studied history and library science in college. I love history, listening and telling stories. I am really into puzzles, reading, gardening, baking, and crafts. I am currently learning cross stitch and crochet. 

Thank you! I look forward to hearing you all! Have a happy holidays:) 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP