Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Periodic Contributor

no i don't care where anyone lives   pen pals it is... so very nice to meet another East Coaster!  Hello NY

0 Kudos
Contributor

I, like several others, find myself alone most of the time.  I gave my all to my family and career and I've ended up with no friends at this stage of my life.  I'm 68 and often wonder how that happened.  I seem to have outlived the friends that truly mattered and the rest just disappeared along the way.  I would love to have a friend with whom to write.  I have varied interests.  I've been working on my family's genealogy for quite some years.  I often wonder if I will ever finish it as some of my roots go back 15 or 20 generations or more.  I study my Bible daily and would love to discuss various points of interest there, but some might find my questions rather heretic or blasphemous.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian and my faith is very strong.  I just tend to interpret the Bible different than I've been taught and wonder if others do the same.  I hope to see someone reply to my post.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello, I am looking for a pen pal that just want to communicate about life events.  I am a widow for over 20 years and I am finally feeling like talking to other people besides my family and friends.  I am a retired teacher from California.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon and thank you.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Info Seeker

So you read the BIble...all of it or just parts?  What have you learned? What is your favorite scripture? I have a few favorite Bible verses I enjoy. Matt 6:25-34 God takes care of the birds He will care for me and Phillipians 4:6 Pray for what you want, God hears us.  Who is your favorite Bbile personalty?  Mine is Ms Noah..she stuck with her hubby and went thru a lot like Noah did. I love Jesus too; he had personality and let other feel his wrath and kindness at different times.

What is your lineage like? From Europe or Asia or Spain or Mexico or England? Mine is twisted but VERY interesting. My great great grandfather was a model for a statute in a park in Washington DC.

Only thing keeping me afloat emotionallly is my friends(my siblings and kids are distant)..I have many over differ states. I work weekdays at insurance company. I audit medical record very good work and interesting too.  I am divorced and my 3 children are grown and doing their own thing too. They are productive and good people.

Have a great and safe day!

Jane

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Jane,

sorry to take so long to reply but i sometimes lose track of time.  I guess i dont read the Bible like i should, but i was raised in a very religious home.  Old south protestant holiness church.  I suppose my favorite character would be Job for his patience since i dont seem to have an abundance of it sometimes.  I really like II Timothy ch4 v1-8 concerning the last days.  Read it and see what you think as it applies to our world today.  Enough to give you cause to ponder our world.

My famthily came from Germany in 17 and 18th century from a town called Hapsburg.  they were ironsmiths and clockmakers.  A town in NE corner of W Virginia was named for them.  The family home there was the only home in that toan destroyed by allied bombing because of its proximity to a German anti-aircraft gun emplacement.  It was rebuilt however and is now privately owned.  That was my dad's side  Originally Richter.

My mom's side was scottish.  Farmers and miners with a distiller or two mixed in so they were into the spirits too i guess.

As for myself, i have held a wide variety of jobs since getting out of  the military,  but trucking, music and law enforcement seem to have been more satisfying than anything.  My family is scattered from FL to WI and TN to CA with a few spots in between but all seem to be doing well.  None of us correspond much unless there is a birth or death.

Have a great evening and hope to hear from you soon

your frien

Roger

Periodic Contributor

Hi There Roger

So do you watch TV at all? Or do you listen to the radio. I do a bit of both. If you get a chance listen to The Moth Radio Hour or goggle  these radio stories on the Youtube on your computer. The Moth Radio hour are people telling things that happen to them in real life. Some of the stories are funny and some sad.  I watch the Longmire  TV show now on I pad with the Netflex. I am a bit addict to this show  with my Netflix account..sleep to it each night.  I was watching the Ranch another cowboy country show about a Dad and his 2 sons. Pretty good too. But I have learned  a few things about Native American and cowboys in Wyoming from Longmire. Plus my grandmother was a pure Cherokee Indian from N. Carolina so this interest me a bit too and reason watch the show.  Do you have an I pad? Tell your children you want one...they really are great. It took me awhile to get one but it is entertaining and great to fall asleep too.

Thanks for responding back to..some days the loneliness gets to me. Also at this time I can't have a pet so it makes it worse. A bird turtle cat anything feathered, furry, and  I can feed and let them get excited when see me .  I read once in Japan residents wanting pets own bugs in cages. This is due to the living space is limited . Yuck is all I can say to that ..I detest bugs!
Well early this morning about 4 am had earthquake. I did not feel it (I live n San Jose) but my coworkers did..it rattled their windows in their home near Oakland and San Francisco CA area.  It was almost 5 rating earthquake. Again I got to get outta of California !

Yeah I am good at Bible reading and a spiritual person. I do believe the stuff in Bible book of Timothy. We live in crazy times especially with people so selfish, mean, brains full of chemicals  and some are mentally ill.  It makes no sense to have access to drugs (pot) in some of the US states does not help people who are already crazy.  I think it is a way to control people letting have access to pot. I am a virgin....I do not use any kind of drugs or no smoking no drinking since  it is not my thing to have fun. to be not true full self.  I guess I am prudish about certain things.
Well I must end I am trying to get 3 stories  of mine published in a few magazines. I think they are GREAT but it seems no one wants to publish them. So I am going to fine tune them again... and send hard copies of the articles and see what happens then. Cross your fingers!

Have a good day and be safe!

Your Friend
Jane in CA
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Dear Jane ,

You write very lovely,intelligent,descriptive posts. I am sure you

will  be published. Writing is a very difficult  field but well worth the

effort.  I've had 1 poem published and won 2 poetry contests,not

1st place though. I only write fiction. Working on a short story now.

May I ask about the articles you want to have published ? Are they

juvenile or adult ? God   Bless  Jane! 

Aggie

T

Regular Contributor

Dr Jane,

sorry for not replyng in such a while but I have been a little under the weather for a few days.  Weather here has been crazy and seems like everybody is sick with the flu to a certain extent.  Hope it will clear up soon.  I am ready for spring.  My allergies will be minor compared to this.

Oh well, enough griping.  I do listen to radio quite a bit.  Local station here plays a lot of classic country and oldies rock.  great music.  Havent seen any Longmire movies but have read several of the books.  Enjoyed those.  Dont have an i pad.  Still have enough truoble figuring out this laptop and smartphone.  I am not exactly a tech wizard.  More into old cars and mechanics of them.  love fixing things and working with my hands.

I am undecided about legalizing pot.  Tried it a couple time when in my 20s and dont see anything special about it.  Thought it was overrated myself.  CBD oil though seems to help with certain medical problems and does not have any THC in it so no high can be had.  In that respect i think it should be legal for use.  I am however addicted to cigarettes.  Quit once for 10 yrs.  gonna have to again.  Too expensive.  And i do enjoy a sip of brandy or bourbon occasionally.  At my age the only two vices left for me.

Hope you are well and wish you luck with your writing.

your friend

Roger

Periodic Contributor

Happy Holidays to you & a very Happy New Year --- full of lots ..., of health & inner calmness, my sincere wishes from Puerto Rico / USA, be safe, don't hesitate to reply if you wish to be my Pen Pal "One Moment At A Time"

Honored Social Butterfly

Absolutely! I'd love to be penpals!!!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good morning Lydia
Am praying that we can becoming beast of penpal friend by we always keeping God in ours thoughts but could you responded to my email address pappy474@icloud.com
Thank you
With love Larry

Hello I would love to meet and get to know new people. I love reading novels, watching comedy in theaters and going for live band music. For any one interested please email me on susantusiime4@gmail.com. thank you

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Good evening & Happy New Year 2019 Susan, I'm here 😊 "resting my bones" -- sited having fellowship with my wife, daughter & our "Treasure" my 8 yr., old grandson, I try my best to enjoy life "one moment at a time / in a tranquil manner regardless of life's daily issues, may the Higher Power of your understanding bless you with lots ..., of health / inner peace & always keep you safe, "buenas noches" / good night.

0 Kudos

I would like to become a pen pal to someone who likes to write letters via U.S. Postal Service. How do I accomplish this? 

Thank you, 

Andrea Sauceda

Regular Contributor

Hello Susan
Hoping we can becoming best of friends by keeping God in our thoughts ,but could you responded to me at my email address pappy474@icloud.com
Thanks you so much
Larry
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Dear Penpals,

I want to thank everyone who has posted on this forum.  Connecting virtually is somewhat impersonal and I've had very little success so far...unfortunately.  If you would like to reach me I ask that you send a private message.  Just click on my name and it will take you to my page where you can send it.  Hope to hear from you soon!

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Contributor

Hello good looking,

I am Sandra single and working. Just came on this site newly to make friends or more and that was when i saw your profile and liked it. You can check my profile and if you like what you see,you can write me at pretysandraa@gmail.com so we can chat and get to know each other better.

I would be waiting to hear from you there.

Sandra
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

ST.PAT'S.gif  Dear Penpals,

May the luck of the Irish be with you all!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

My wish for Christmas is to have a penpal!

Christmas-tree.jpg

0 Kudos
Contributor

I, I too asked for a friend to talk to. Hope your wish comes true. I just joined the group so I am pretty excited about learning about great having electronic pen pals can be. I had snail mail pen pals as a child.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm looking for someone to talk to also.  I never had a pen pal before, but now I want someone to share with and this seems the best way because it's so hard to meet people in person now.  It seems everyone spends their lives in front of screens.

Periodic Contributor

Hi! I am lonely older career lady currently in CA. My children are grown and single but really need a pen pal. Please respond back 

Jane

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Jane.  I too am looking for a pen pal.  I lived in California for over 28 years before I retired. Pick a topic and let's communicate.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

where in calif are you?  i am in fresno

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello Debra

Hope my reply is acceptable but i have been corresponding with Jane for a short while now.  I am in TN, disabled, and widowed.  I you would like me for a penpal please let me know.  I am 72, retired truck driver and musician just looking for people to chat with.

Hope to hear from you soon

Roger

Periodic Contributor

Hi Roger

Very nice to meet you.   i see you  are a musician, thats wonderful.  i love music, country, pop, oldies, opera, classical  a whole lot of it.  my fav hobbie is  genealogy.  been doing that for over 30 yrs now.  and i like playing in my gardens and i my garage, turning trash into treasure.      we must talk again

debbi

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Debra,

got your note a few days ago.  Sorry to be so long answering.  I was a musician and truck driver till i became disabled.  Not able to do much anymore from this wheelchair, I am in south central TN just NW of Chattanooga.  Native of the area.  Have lived other states and traveled extensively but happy here.  72 now and penpals, facebook, tv, and crosswords keep me busy.  Hope all is well with you and hope to hear from you soon.

your friend

Roger

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi  I am Debbi, living in calif also   Boston transplant..   looking to chat with folks about everything

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My name is Aggie. No I don't live in Texas, ha,ha.   I am in NJ.

• Would like to talk to good people. I like books,movies ice

-cream and antique shops. Oh yeah first of all I love God family and

friends. I hate typing as your can see.

Regular Contributor

Hello Aggie

I am not in TX either but am in TN.  Native of this area, disabled, 72, love coiuntry music, ice cream and flea markets.  Widowed, 1 child grown with her pown family.  Have one pen pal in CA i need to reply to so if you would like to correspond let me know.

Roger

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos