Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Just Chatting

Just trying this out to see if there are any responses and if it does work.  Never did this before. 

Regular Contributor

yes im here from ky; how are you today? Are you well? what would you like to talk about? are we allowed to trade emails? this is only my second day so i dont know. I am Wendell, hello!!

Wendell Bowen
Conversationalist

Hi, Please feel free to friend me and message me, I understand just needing to talk to someone once in a while. 

Shari
Periodic Contributor

Hello I'm new here as well lol, so happy I'm not the only one.๐Ÿ™‚

Conversationalist

Hi,

I am in Illinois, forced retired (thank you COVID, NOT!), and still finding my way around.  How is everyone doing today?  I will try and find my way back here, I wish there was a way to have a post that one has replied to highlighted to make it easier to get back to.

Shari
Regular Contributor

I think I have same problem. Is there another chat line here for one on  one?

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Shari, I understand that it can be frustrating at times to figure out how to navigate these things like finding a post that I wanted to return to. Each site has their own way of doing things it seems and in being so, there's always something new to learn But finding a post you've replied to, I may be able to help you with that one.

First off, go your "My Profile" page. You'll see the link just under where it says AARP Rewards. From there, scroll downwards, past the About "Me" section until you reach the part that says, All Activity. There you can find posts that you've made and clicking on the Re: SOME POST, that will take you back.

I hope that helps at least some. There are other ways I can think of but that one seems pretty easy to me. Good luck!   ๐Ÿ˜Š

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
Periodic Contributor

Thank you for those directions. 

victoria 

Conversationalist

Thank you!   I will give it a look. 

Shari

Shari

Nice to meet you. I am new, too. How was your Thanksgiving? 

Conversationalist

Hello, 

Nice meeting you too! Time sure flies when one isn't doing anything ..LOL   Anyway my Thanksgiving was nice, one of my three daughters who lives, with me prepared a nice small meal that our cat liked too.LOL. 

Looks like winter is finally going to hit my area, and my city is going to live up to one of the many nicknames it has. 

Shari

Shari
Social Butterfly

Hi @KerryH39788 . Hope you're doing well. I'm in Tucson. If you click on the person name it will take you to their profile, then just scroll down till you see add as friend or send private message.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@IndyMo I plan on returning soon as the pandemic settles down and there's a vaccine available. Have been looking online for a home to buy out in the countryside maybe start a cocoa farm. 

Super Contributor

Somebody wanting to talk about sex! Listen, just go to all the unaffilliated rooms listed on google, and that is ALL you will find that is going on-Senior or not! I like this site, because I don't have to "weed out" all of that stuff and the pro hustlers that go with it-Capice? Furstenentsie meer? I think the majority of chatters on this site are still married, and most of us just wish to chat about the everyday problems confronting Seniors like health, finances, repairs, helpful hints, etc

Super Contributor

Hi, My name is David and like you just interested in chat about anything and everything.
I am married and we live in New York, Not the City.
We live in a house and just got back from the Farmers market

David
David Eig
Kudos
Views

Hi David,

I am original from NY, not the city. I like how you put it that way ! 

Regular Contributor

is new york REALLY that crowded, everywhere, EVERY DAY? Where on earth do all those people live? is it that crowded at night?

Wendell Bowen
Super Contributor

Hi David! I go by IndyMo, and as the name implies, live in Indianapolis or rather one of it's Western suburbs. I'm in my 80's, been married forever (no, only 62 yrs.) I was born & raised on a farm in Michigan, served in the peacetime Army as an old greasy tanker down at Ft. Knox in the late 50's. I'm a philatelist (stamp collector), and only fair gardener. My wife & I are in reasonably good health for our age, and are getting pretty sick & tired of being held house prisoners without so much as an ankle bracelet !  My wife & I vacationed in upstate NY(the long State park with the high waterfall) almost 20 yrs ago, and on the way back home stopped in Rochester and ate at an Italian rest. along the lake shore and the food was fabuuulus! It's probably long gone by now, but I wish we could go there again.

Super Contributor

P S, we have a Garden, Flowers, Tomato plants and Bamboo
David Eig
Super Contributor

Hi Indy, We are the same age and also married about as long as you.
We live in a private house, which helps a little.
We have a car, so we can get out, drive down to the Hudson River, maybe walk,
if nobody else is around and then back home.
Long days, lots of good food and red wine helps.

If you want to reach me off this site, my email is pdeig@optnline.net

Stay safe, David
David Eig
Social Butterfly

Peace out Ms Toni โœŒand a good night.

Social Butterfly

I've been here for 2 years and have yet to hear anything said about Sex ๐Ÿ˜†

Info Seeker

Ok I  dont have a partner but I think about it. Lol

Super Contributor

After 2 years, you should be smart enough to talk about sex.
Like the birds and the bees.
David Eig

hi David, my Name is Brandy and live in Virginia i am new to this chat realy dont know how it works . just want to say hi 

Trusted Contributor

LOL...I say...get a room...LOL

I guess you haven't seen it because like me, you ain't looking for it.  You know the old saying...if you look for it...you will find it...LOL

Okay, that's my laugh for the night.  Everyone sleep well.  Peace Out. 

Super Contributor

Yes, mdawn, unlike an unaffilliated room that I tried last month where two people would look in over an hour's time, AARP has a TON of readers & participants and that's what makes it fun. The other thing is, the private rooms all seem to  be made up of folks wanting sex, and I know I'm not the only person who is still happily married after a lot of years, and that is just not on my agenda. I like to discuss travel, politics, finances, repair tips & the everyday challenges that confront all of us seniors. Hope you find that interesting as well. Thx, IndyMo

Trusted Contributor

What????? People talking about sex????

I haven't seen that IndyMo.  Thanks for the warning.

Periodic Contributor

Spoiler
It is not all that hard, easier than handwriting a letter, better for me as nobody can read my scratching much past the second line?

Willing to discuss most subjects and have a varied knowledge base, done many things over my many years.

Do hope that you, your family and friends are all happy and healthy and don't get sick with this virus. Best wishes and good luck!

JMC-NC
Regular Contributor

I live in northern Michigan, a really beautiful area.

93EF25CD-35B5-4C3F-B418-7193B03780D1.jpeg

Periodic Contributor

Beautiful!!!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP