Screenshot_20210609-221809_YouTube.jpg

Angela
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Stop by to read our comments and/or add a comment. Angela

Angela
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I enjoy mostly comedy such as: Fawlty Towers, The Benny Hill Show; Keeping Up Appearances; Are You Being Served; As Time Goes By and Mr. Bean. Most of those comedies are no longer being showed on TV. I have also enjoyed watching some murder mysteries on British TV. I cannot recite the titles.๐Ÿ˜€ "Laughter heals the soul"

Social Butterfly

@Chocolatt wrote:

I enjoy mostly comedy such as: Fawlty Towers, The Benny Hill Show; Keeping Up Appearances; Are You Being Served; As Time Goes By and Mr. Bean. Most of those comedies are no longer being showed on TV. I have also enjoyed watching some murder mysteries on British TV. I cannot recite the titles.๐Ÿ˜€ "Laughter heals the soul"

๐Ÿ’ฅ@Chocolatt Hyacinth was a mess on Keeping Up Appearances/lol. And the crew on Are You Are Being Served. Angela ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Angela
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Yes! she was a hot mess!!  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚  I really enjoyed those shows. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Not much for British TV except for one person that needs no words to describe him because he uses few words:

MR. BEAN

Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

Not much for British TV except for one person that needs no words to describe him because he uses few words:

MR. BEAN

๐Ÿ’ฅ@nctarheel I have never heard of Mr. Bean. No pressure at all, but can you tell me about Mr. Bean? In other words, drama, comedy etc.๐Ÿ’ฅ

Angela
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@RetirementAngelaVA wrote:

๐Ÿ’ฅ@nctarheel 

I have never heard of Mr. Bean. No pressure at all, but can you tell me about Mr. Bean? In other words, drama, comedy etc.๐Ÿ’ฅ

Mr. Bean is a character played by Rowan Atkinson, a famous British comedian. He does mainly physical comedy with little to no dialogue. There is a real reason for this as Mr. Atkinson is a life long stutterer.

Anyway, the physical bits are hilarious. I have his entire series on tape; however, no longer have a VCR on which to play them.

To give you an idea of his comedy...... he's on a plane..... he wants to scare the person in the seat in front of him.... he blows up a bag to pop it so it makes a loud popping sound but the bag has a hole and doesn't pop.... so he grabs a bag from the kid sitting across the aisle from him blows it up and pops it not realizing the kid had just gotten airsick in the bag. His humor was goofy like that but funny.

There is plenty of his work on YouTube to watch.

Social Butterfly

June 10, 2021

Thanks @nctarheel ๐Ÿ˜

Angela
0 Kudos