Any Other British TV fans out there?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Other British TV fans out there?

Lol, binge watching in between falling asleep ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nctarheel wrote:

Not much for British TV except for one person that needs no words to describe him because he uses few words:

MR. BEAN

๐Ÿ’ฅ@nctarheel I have never heard of Mr. Bean. No pressure at all, but can you tell me about Mr. Bean? In other words, drama, comedy etc.๐Ÿ’ฅ

Super Contributor

No one should miss watching Benny Hill or Mr Bean. Benny Hill is a comedian who talks so fast you have to really listen to keep from missing what he just said.  Mr Bean on the other hand doesn't talk.  Pantomime is his thing and you will laugh yours ass off.  I haven't seen either of those shows in years.  If I remember right both of these shows were made popular on  PBS IN THE 70's where I grew up near Detroit.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous wrote:

๐Ÿ’ฅ@nctarheel 

I have never heard of Mr. Bean. No pressure at all, but can you tell me about Mr. Bean? In other words, drama, comedy etc.๐Ÿ’ฅ

Mr. Bean is a character played by Rowan Atkinson, a famous British comedian. He does mainly physical comedy with little to no dialogue. There is a real reason for this as Mr. Atkinson is a life long stutterer.

Anyway, the physical bits are hilarious. I have his entire series on tape; however, no longer have a VCR on which to play them.

To give you an idea of his comedy...... he's on a plane..... he wants to scare the person in the seat in front of him.... he blows up a bag to pop it so it makes a loud popping sound but the bag has a hole and doesn't pop.... so he grabs a bag from the kid sitting across the aisle from him blows it up and pops it not realizing the kid had just gotten airsick in the bag. His humor was goofy like that but funny.

There is plenty of his work on YouTube to watch.

Regular Social Butterfly

This so brings me back to my youth! I so loved Bennie Hill!

Here's an aside I think you'll appreciate...

Boarding a flight from Midwest to West Coast, a lady asked to change seats and I unfortunately said to colleague audibly "we can't do that in case of crash; they won't know who is who without seat numbers..."

I suddenly recognized we had less experienced flyers with us and was so ashamed; brought the flight crew into the conversation and they resolved the seat changes and provided passenger assurance.

Please take this into consideration, frequent-flyers...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP