Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“ฝ Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“ฝ Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

WE would luv to hear from YOU! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks, Nicole โ€Œ๐Ÿ›ถโ€Œ (Leisure & Lifestyle Forum)

Recognized Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ฝ  (2/24/24) Anyone seen the Bob Marley Movie?  ๐Ÿค”  I have NOT. I see it is available thru YouTube for about $25. I am so NOT going to a theater with COVID still "hanging" around...  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Havenโ€™t seen it yet. Looking forward to seeing it when it comes to more streaming services. But I have been to the theater to see other movies, and have felt safe from Covid by going to the first showing of the day and during the weekday. 

๐Ÿ“ฝ  (2/24/24) You are "very brave" @Medaase , at age 66 this year I have NEVER caught it. Whereas my daughter has, twice = being INSIDE with folks. Unless it is MANDATORY (doctor, dentist, groceries), I AVOID sharing the heat/air conditioning.

[*** @Medaase wrote:

Havenโ€™t seen it yet. Looking forward to seeing it when it comes to more streaming services. But I have been to the theater to see other movies, and have felt safe from Covid by going to the first showing of the day and during the weekday. ***]

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Death in Paradise is a fun series to watch 

๐Ÿ“บ  (2/23/24) @Medaase , is this the "spinoff" for DEATH IN PARADISE?  ๐Ÿค”

[*** @Medaase wrote:

Murder in Paradise is a fun series to watch ***]

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks!! I corrected the post. It is Death in Paradise

๐Ÿ“บ  (2/24/24) Lol @Medaase , per "online" you were correct - that does exist???  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ  I know they did another one after "Death"....  YES, I luv them. And that island living - awesome!!!

[*** @Medaase wrote:

Thanks!! I corrected the post. It is Death in Paradise ***]

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ“บ  (Friday 2/23/24)

Now to see what PBS Masterpiece Theatre has for March. Missing "All Creatures" and "Ms. Scarlett"  ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

๐Ÿ“บ  (Sunday 2/18/24)

I have been "bingeing" on ALFRED HITCHCOCK all day. Will switch to PBS tonight!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ“บ  What to Know About Jennifer Lopezโ€™s โ€˜This Is Me โ€ฆ Nowโ€™ (AARP Article)

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2024/jennifer-lopez-this-is-me-now.html

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ“บ  Whatโ€™s New on Amazonโ€™s Prime Video in February 2024 (AARP Article) 

The 9 Best Things on Prime Video in February 2024.

JLo goes full diva, while Donald Glover reboots โ€˜Mr. & Mrs. Smithโ€™.

By Thom Geier. Published January 26, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2024/new-on-amazon-prime-video-movies-shows.html

๐Ÿ“บ  10 Iconic Black Sitcoms That Changed Television (AARP Article) 

Celebrating โ€˜Good Timesโ€™ at 50 and 9 Other Iconic Black Sitcoms.

The family comedy paved the way for other influential shows. Hereโ€™s where to stream them.

By Jennifer Ortiz. Published February 05, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2024/iconic-black-sitcoms.html

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ“บ  Whatโ€™s New on Hulu in February 2024 (AARP Article)

The 12 Best Things Coming to Hulu in February.

Buzzy shows like โ€˜Feud: Capote vs. The Swansโ€™ and โ€˜Shลgunโ€™ lead a fresh batch of series and movies.

By Chris Nashawaty. Published February 02, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2024/new-on-hulu-shows-movies-documentaries.html

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

(Saturday 2/3/24)

@MaVolta , I also found out YESTERDAY that "uninstalling" the app, "restarting" my Android REMOVES the "error" message of NO CHANNELS. Was getting this "error message" sometimes.

You are welcome  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[โœ  @MaVolta wrote:

@SpringIsHereSoHappy  - I am also a PBS fan. I like Masterpiece and Masterpiece Mystery, and most of the series shows. 

I also use the PBS app. Based on my location, it always asks if this is my PBS station, so I just click yes. I havenโ€™t tried to put in another station, so maybe I should try it! Thanks for the tip.  โœ]

๐Ÿ“บ  (Thursday 2/1/24)

Any other PBS station fans out there? If yes, what are your favorite shows. I have several, lol - depends on my "mood"  ๐Ÿ™„.

Right NOW, I am enjoying Ms. Scarlett and the Duke. Will be crying when season ends and hopefull there will be MORE in future.

1 comment ๐Ÿ“บ  (Friday 1/19/24)

Well, I guess everyone probably already KNEW this - but I found out "by accident" (was ready to UNINSTALL the "free" PBS app from my Android) - that the app CHOOSES WHAT STATIONS you can access.

Lol, EVERY day and/or time - I get to WATCH a different PBS station.

Just started really USING app I had loaded, THIS WEEK, got "bored" and decided to check it out = LEARN how to use it.  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Anyway, I kept getting AN ERROR MESSAGE for what I thought would be MY LOCAL PBS. Then the "lightbulb" in my OLD brain told me NOT to "uninstall" the app but do a SEARCH for channel.

By this point I was p.ssed and over PBS. Glad I didnot "uninstall"...  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy  - I am also a PBS fan. I like Masterpiece and Masterpiece Mystery, and most of the series shows. 

I also use the PBS app. Based on my location, it always asks if this is my PBS station, so I just click yes. I havenโ€™t tried to put in another station, so maybe I should try it! Thanks for the tip.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix

๐Ÿ“บ  (Sunday 1/7/24)

All Creatures Great and Small On Masterpiece: Broodiness (PBS Appalachia -  9:00pm - Sunday, January  7, 2024)

๐Ÿ“บ  (Sunday 1/7/24)

Miss Scarlet and the Duke On Masterpiece: Elysium (Blue Ridge PBS -  8:00pm - Sunday, January  7, 2024)

Honored Social Butterfly

Iโ€™ve been binge watching some tv shows that I missed the first time around.

• West Wing (finished it, and it was a favorite) 
  • ER (still working on it)
  • Boston Legal (over the top, but love William Shatner, James Spader and Candice Bergen)
  • The Blacklist (speaking of James Spader, into season 5)
  • New Amsterdam (just into season 1)

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Social Butterfly

I can't wait until Sunday when reruns of "Yellowstone" is aired on CBS I believe..Favorite movie "Scent of a Woman"...

Silver Conversationalist

There is a Brit detective series titled Endeavor.  It's on PBS - Masterpiece Theater.  9 seasons. If you have any problem with the accents - turn on the subtitles.  It's totally different from the American "cop shows".  

Contributor

just got done binge watching "Twisted Metal", actually pretty funny series.

Bronze Conversationalist

Have been binge watching 'Grimm' TV Series ----> Grimm (TV series) - Wikipedia

now that my local broadcast TV area is offering this series; plus on my Roku -  Channel CW is offering this series too, for free.

Explore all sorts of super natural folklore and fairy tales thru out the world; the hidden nature of men and beasts; includes varies subplots.   ๐Ÿค”

๐Ÿ˜Ž  Welcome back Nicole.

You made the move to FL โ˜‘๏ธ

......- but under the rule of Gov. De-autocrat  โ˜น๏ธ

Remember to register to vote; and exercise your right to choose (wisely) before he or they prohibits/ denies you the right to vote, for some reason or another...someday or another...๐Ÿค”

1 comment (8/13/23) 

Thanks @OneDayMatisyahu ๐Ÿค—

He is a "piece of work" and I will leave it at that.

Lol, no need to end up in AARP JAIL for discussing "politics" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ™„

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

โœ@OneDayMatisyahu wrote:

Have been binge watching 'Grimm' TV Series ----> Grimm (TV series) - Wikipedia

now that my local broadcast TV area is offering this series; plus on my Roku -  Channel CW is offering this series too, for free.

Explore all sorts of supernatural folklore and tales thru out the world; includes varies subplots, the hidden nature of men and beasts.  ๐Ÿค”

๐Ÿ˜Ž  Welcome back Nicole.

You made the move to FL โ˜‘๏ธ

- but under the rule of Gov. De-autocrat  โ˜น๏ธโœ

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

ROFLMAO...That wasn't Politics, it was Socio/Cultural commentary and sound advice.

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Have been binge watching 'Grimm' TV Series ----> Grimm (TV series) - Wikipedia

now that my local broadcast TV area is offering this series; plus on my Roku - Channel CW is offering this series too, for free.

Explore all sorts of super natural folklore and fairy tales thru out the world; the hidden nature of men and beasts; includes varies subplots.

Welcome back Nicole.

You made the move to FL

......- but under the rule of Gov. De-autocrat

Remember to register to vote; and exercise your right to choose (wisely) before he or they prohibits/ denies you the right to vote, for some reason or another...someday or another...

๐Ÿ˜Ž

P.S.  My favorite shows tend to be things like Nature & NOVA.  Especially when they focus on new discoveries more than technological advancements.

...Anybody else wonder if altering Pluto's orbit to the right kind of elipse would cause it to form a Coma & Tail?

Anonymous
Not applicable

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

WE would luv to hear from YOU! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks, Nicole โ€Œ๐Ÿ›ถโ€Œ (Leisure & Lifestyle Forum)

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly

I honestly will watch the "Unbreakable Trilogy" anytime it's offered up (wishing any broadcaster that offered would do the three movies in order)!

The actors are amazing in these roles, the plots are believable when arriving at the end, AND, it encourages viewers to actually think about everything, past, present, and future.

In addition, who could not want to see Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson together in intriguing circumstances such as these, over more than 1 movie?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Honored Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman - Two of my favorite actors! Iโ€™d love to see those movies as well,

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

I'm watching a DVD of a 1950s TV show starring Wally Cox called "The Adventures of Hiram Holliday." Does anyone remember it?

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP