Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“ฝ Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“ฝ Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

WE would luv to hear from YOU! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks, Nicole โ€Œ๐Ÿ›ถโ€Œ (Leisure & Lifestyle Forum)

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/4/24) Yes @LaDolceVita , you have to WAIT A YEAR before you can do the FREE TRIAL each time.

Yes, NO interest in Prime except to CATCH UP on Hallmark and British shows I missed the PREVIOUS YEAR.  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (4/2/24)  ๐Ÿ“บ  Anyone watched NORTH & SOUTH? I just started.  ๐Ÿ“ธ  Info Attached  ๐Ÿ“ธ

20240402_225700.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy  - I saw it years ago! Itโ€™s very well done like all of the British period dramas. If I remember, itโ€™s based on a novel, like most of them are.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy  Have not seen it.  Where are you watching it?

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/3/24)  @LaDolceVita , on the FREE SECTION of the Prime App for Androids. They call it FREEVEE

Lol, as with ALL THINGS FREE  ๐Ÿ™„  = annoying ads!!!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Honored Social Butterfly

Yesterday, we watched the movie, Oppenheimer. Excellent movie, and the actors were outstanding. Itโ€™s deserving of all the awards. Itโ€™s currently streaming on Peacock. It is a 3 hour movie, so plan to watch it when you have plenty of time to enjoy it. It moves pretty fast, so it wonโ€™t feel that long!

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Social Butterfly

@MaVolta   Do you like your Peacock subscription?  I have been looking for a site to stream newish movies.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita  - I only took a one month subscription to see this movie. You can check their website to see whatโ€™s streaming before you sign up.

Of the streaming services, I tend to watch mostly Netflix. I want to try out Paramount + one of these days. From time to time, I will sign up for  a month of Hulu if they have something I want to see. I also have a subscription to Max, but thatโ€™s because they have series shows I like to watch.

I like Prime Video, but you have to rent almost all of the newer titles. The rental fee isnโ€™t too bad though in most cases, and I try to get the digital discounts with Amazon day deliveries. There are more recent titles in the โ€˜free with Primeโ€ and sometimes older titles that I enjoy watching.The thing that gripes me about Prime Video is that if I want ad-free, I now have to pay an additional $7.99 or something, in addition to the annual Amazon Membership fee that keeps going up. I mean really, how many yachts, houses, and cars does one guy need! ๐Ÿ™„

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/3/24) @MaVolta and let's not forget Amazon Healthcare & Auto Care.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Hmmm, so NOT having them check me over or order prescriptions or fix my car. Greed and monopoly... ๐Ÿ‘ต

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/1/24)

Thanks @MaVolta , I will check it out. 3 hours  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (4/1/24)  ๐Ÿ“บ  @LaDolceVita , since you know more about PBS than I do - couple of questions please.

[1] NEW Masterpiece or RETURNING series happen 4 times each year = Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter?

[2] So NEXT batch should be THIS MONTH as part of Spring batch? With Nolly finishing in March, there will be a break. I seem to remember April 17th being a start date???

Lol, let me know IF I have totally confused you. I am confused in regards to PBS programming. ๐Ÿ™„

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   Haha I do not pay that much attention to the schedule.  But I have been watching PBS for a LONG time and do remember my favorites. We had discussions dedicated to TV and especially PBS which I loved back in the here on AARP.  

BTW I was a bit Acorn fan for several years, looks like I will be canceling this summer.  Kinda dud now.  

Are you familiar with Seniorlearn.org?  they have a long running PBS discussion.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/2/24) @LaDolceVita , nope but will stop by to check it out. Thanks  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/31/24)  ๐Ÿ“บ  @Medaase , I just finished watching MURDER CITY and guess what - Luke also starred in DEATH IN PARADISE. Crying as there were only 2 seasons!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ญ  I am  ๐Ÿ“ธ  attaching info  ๐Ÿ“ธ  IF you are interested. Watched on FREEVEE.

20240331_222338.jpg

20240331_222305.jpg

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (3/29/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

I am watching Father Brown on PBS!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy  Still watching Seaside Hotel ๐Ÿ˜Ž.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I too am a PBS fan from Searching Your Roots to Antiques Road Show plus any  other series offerings. . i too find the regular tv offerings not of my interests and have been watching the old reruns of Classic Concentration and the Match Game also Little House On The Prairie ...Old time values...

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments(3/29/24) @jonibee , I have NOT watched "Little House" in a very long time. Lol, I had a crush on Michael Landon from his Bonanza days. But lost it when I hit age 16. ๐Ÿ‘ต

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   I still have a crush on Michael Landon, since Bonanza days๐Ÿ˜‰.

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/29/24) Lol @LaDolceVita  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(2 comments) We would luv to hear YOUR TELEVISION STORY!!!  ๐Ÿ“ธ  See attached picture  ๐Ÿ“ธ

I am age 66 this year and grew up on "Black & White" television. One station that was ONLY working a FEW hours each day. And only adults watched, kids were outside playing. ๐Ÿ‘ต

20240329_050614.jpg

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Nice pictures!! I also grew up in the age of black-and-white TV. Iโ€™m 70 years old and remember watching television with my siblings and parents often. We loved watching westerns, Perry, Mason, cartoons and comedies. Sometimes my parents would put Red clingy protective film over the screen. I always assumed it was for protecting our eyesight, but Iโ€™m not really sure.

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/29/24) Gosh @Medaase , lol - now I want to know WHY. Yes, I agree - probably Eye Protection.  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿ“ฝ  (8 comments) DISCUSSION!!!

How do you watch TV, your movies?

I watch everything on my Android. Since retiring, I am a PBS free app fan. Was NEVER a TV fan, boring. And forget cinemas, way too many rude folks!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Honored Social Butterfly

Last movie seen in a theater, total blank used to be a theater in Sunday River closed maybe 10 years back couldnโ€™t afford the new format of films to upgrade would have cost Millions.I live in the woods.๐Ÿ˜Ž

There are ways to stream for free if not available in your country for free. It would be the same way to safely bank while on your home computer vs across the world in Holland.

Wonโ€™t have list of those programs for another month, my PCโ€™s are busy for the next month. Best I can recall off my head is โ€œtorโ€. There are easier to use programs but, canโ€™t remember the names. They cost money , tor is free.

If memory is right it allows your pc to be seen as local based to that country (like bbcuk ) as if you were connecting from there vs here.Used to be a big DoctorWho fan and had to login from uk to get free access . Vs blocked on local channels or satellite or cable or straight internet.

Most good read easy to use cost $$ and offer safeguards, might explain why most international travelers use them. To cya.Bit, all involve learning curves. Or separate browsers only to be used when you need to be elsewhere for content.

Ask me in a month or if I recall sooner.Somethings are blocked to US viewers on paid streaming sites but, unblocked if you change your country.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Replying to myself- one month without readers and now free ones are โ€œtor โ€œand โ€œorbotโ€. May have to go to Knoppix tomorrow for reads.

@SpringIsHereSoHappy 

Nicole

canโ€™t help you on androids, only recover the things.

Still prefer Windows and iPhones/Macs.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/5/24) NO issues with my Android @Frozenoem and lol, yes - go get your readers!!!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Safe VPNโ€™s are nordvpn, surfsharkvpn, and NortonVPN and of course the usual stuff like antivirus, 2 factor authentication and antivirus, etc.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/6/24) Thanks @Frozenoem ๐Ÿ‘

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/5/24) @Frozenoem , @LaDolceVita was interested in all this. I am HOPING by TAGGING her she will get "notified"  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

I only do the FREE PBS app on my Android. The same with PRIME, they have a Section called "Freevee" [full of ads of course]. The same with YouTube [full of ads]. ๐Ÿ‘ต

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP