Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“ฝ Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“ฝ Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

WE would luv to hear from YOU! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks, Nicole โ€Œ๐Ÿ›ถโ€Œ (Leisure & Lifestyle Forum)

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/24/24)  โ€Œ๐Ÿ“บโ€Œ  What shows/movies do you like to BINGE on?  โ€Œ๐Ÿค”โ€Œ

Me - anything Agatha Christie!  โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ตโ€Œ

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Robin Weigert Feels the Power of Love and Family (AARP Article)

Robin Weigert Feels the Power of Love and Family in โ€˜We Were the Lucky Onesโ€™.

The โ€˜Deadwoodโ€™ star, who plays the family matriarch in the Hulu miniseries set during the Holocaust, shares lessons from the experience with AARP.

By Bobbi Dempsey, AARP. Published April 24, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2024/robin-weigert-we-were-the-lucky-ones.html

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/23/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

Tonight at 10:19pm ET I am watching Pie in the Sky! Any other fans out there?

๐Ÿ“ธ  Info Attached  ๐Ÿ“ธ

20240423_220200.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The Zone Of Interest  (PG-13, German w/English subtitles)

Won Oscar for Best International Feature Film (Poland)

Won Oscar for Best Sound

Oscar nominated for Best Picture, Director, and Adapted Screenplay

An excellent, but disturbing film, it is not one that you watch for entertainment. This is the story of the commandant of the Auschwitz concentration camp and his family, as they live an idyllic life just on the other side of the wall from the horrors of the camp. It is unlike most films made about the Holocaust in that it does not take the viewer inside the camp, yet we are keenly aware of what is taking place. At the end of the film are pictures from the Auschwitz Holocaust Memorial.

Donโ€™t be put off because of the subtitles. It is easy to follow, and the pictures alone speak dramatically.

Streaming on Max, for rent on Prime Video

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/21/24) @MaVolta thanks for posting this!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Trusted Social Butterfly

ANY MS. SCARLET FANS OUT THERE?  ๐Ÿค”  I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THE DUKE BEING REPLACED!  ๐Ÿ˜ญ

[PBS email] Miss Scarlet Casting News & First Images. Calling all Miss Scarlet fans: Tom Durant Pritchard (This Is Going to Hurt, The Crown) has officially joined the cast of Season 5! Find out about the new character, what's ahead in Season 5, and more.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

ANY OTHER MR. BATES FANS OUT THERE?  ๐Ÿค”  AT 1ST I WAS NOT, BUT HE HAS GROWN ON ME!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

New Episode: TONIGHT at 9/8c.

In Episode 3 of Mr Bates vs The Post Office, Alan allies with the Post Office in the hope his friends can get justice at last. See the new episode TONIGHT Sunday, April 21, 9/8c.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

[PBS email]  ANY OTHER FANS OUT THERE?  ๐Ÿค”  WELL, I AM A FAN OF THE 1ST SERIES, NOT TOO MUCH FOR THE OTHERS!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

First Preview: Grantchester Season 9.

The world is changing in the dramatic and riveting new season of Grantchester. Mark your calendars for the premiere of Season 9, starring Robson Green, Tom Brittney, and newcomer Rishi Nair, airing Sunday, June 16, 9/8c.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/clips/granchester-s9-preview/

Trusted Social Butterfly

The 10 Best Robert Downey Jr. Movie and TV Performances (AARP Article)

ANY FANS OUT THERE?  ๐Ÿค”  NOT ME!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

FROM ARTICLE - SEE ARTICLE FOR MORE.

Robert Downey Jr.โ€™s 10 Greatest Roles (Ranked).

Plus, besides his past performances, the newly minted Oscar winner is now playing four different characters in โ€˜The Sympathizerโ€™.

By Thom Geier, AARP. Published April 18, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/movies-for-grownups/info-2024/best-robert-downey-jr-movies-tv-rol...

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/17/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

Lol, zero on PBS so I am watching this movie. Hope I like it! Anyone watched it? DEATH BY POTATO.

20240417_140231.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/16/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

At 4:30pm ET today - Grantchester on PBS. Anyone else like this series?  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   I liked many of the Grantchester episodes!  Mostly I like Robson Green so I watch some of the not so good ones too.  It it getting long in the tooth though.  Hard to believe they are going to try and do another season without it seeming to be stale.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I agree @LaDolceVita , just like "Ms  Scarlett & the Duke" with HIM leaving and them INSERTING a replacement. Nope, NOT the same. Lol, maybe they are being FUNDED by folks who luv these shows. Was also over Doc Martin TOO when he got married. Boring marital issues  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/14/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

I am watching THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL. I hope I like it!!! Anyone watched it?

20240414_152705.jpg

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“บ(4/14/24) ANYONE LIKE "ALICE & JACK" ON PBS? ๐Ÿค” I DONOT! ๐Ÿ‘ต

Episode 5 Tonight at 10/9c.

In the penultimate episode, Jack and Alice meet again, but their joy is cut short by news that forces Alice and Jack to reevaluate what theyโ€™re doing with their lives.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“บ  (4/14/24) ANYONE LIKE "MR. BATES" ON PBS?  ๐Ÿค”  WELL, IF I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING ELSE TO WATCH, I "MAY" WATCH IT.  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Episode 2 at 9/8c tonight.

Alan Bates and the Subpostmasters begin their fight for justice with new allies in Parliament, but first they must convince an independent investigator of their honesty. Don't miss the premiere of Episode 2 on Sunday, April 14, 9/8c. 
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“บ  How to Watch Mr Bates vs The Post Office | Official Site | PBS.

Watch and Stream Mr Bates vs The Post OfficeDonโ€™t miss each new episode of Mr Bates vs The Post Office as they air Sundays, now through April 28, at 9/8c on MASTERPIECE on PBS. Each episode streams for 14 days starting at 9pm ET on the night of its national broadcast. Donโ€™t want to wait? Stream all four episodes of Mr Bates vs The Post Office when you watch with PBS Passport, an added member benefit. You can also find full episodes as they are broadcast on the PBS App. [PBS Passport viewing of Mr Bates vs The Post Office is available in the U.S. and Canada only.] Other ways to stream Mr Bates vs The Post Office include the PBS MASTERPIECE Video Channel (available to Amazon Prime members for an additional monthly fee) with new episodes available week-by-week, and on Apple/iTunes. You can also order the DVD/Blu-ray on ShopPBS, where every purchase you make supports public broadcasting.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/specialfeatures/how-to-watch-mr-bates-vs-the-post-office/ 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/13/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

I am watching THE BLETCHLEY CIRCLE. I "think" I watched it years ago. Senior Moment!  ๐Ÿ™„  Anyone else watched it?

20240413_160402.jpg

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“บ  The 7 Sexiest TV Shows About Royals (AARP Article)

ANY COMMENTS?  ๐Ÿค”  I HAVE NOT SEEN THESE AND DONOT LIKE ANYTHING ABOUT ROYALS SINCE DIANA DIED!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Hold on to your bodice! From Catherine the Great to Henry VIII, these steamy series are a guilty pleasure fit for a king โ€” or queen.

By Nicholas DeRenzo, AARP. Published April 04, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2024/sexiest-tv-shows-about-royals.html

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/13/24) Anyone watched BOOMERS?  ๐Ÿค”  I am watching 1st episode. Hope I like it!

20240413_000227.jpg

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/12/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

At 8pm ET I am watching "Sister Boniface" on PBS TONIGHT! Any other fans out there?

20240412_182525.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“บ  The Most Anticipated TV Shows Coming in Summer 2024 (AARP Article)

ANY COMMENTS?  ๐Ÿค”  NONE OF THEM INTEREST ME!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Summer TV Preview 2024: 15 Shows You Wonโ€™t Want to Miss.

Watch the very best of the crop, from the networks to Netflix.

By Tim Appelo, AARP. Published April 09, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2024/new-tv-shows-summer-2024.html

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/11/24)  ๐Ÿ“บ  Anyone watched the TENANT OF WILDFELL HALL? I am watching the 1st episode right now. Hope I like it! 

20240411_150846.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (4/10/24)  ๐Ÿ“บWhat are you watching or plan to watch?

At 10pm ET I am watching this on PBS TONIGHT:

The Trouble with Maggie Cole, 2020, Drama, 1 Season-6 episodes. Maggie Cole is the self-appointed oracle of her close-knit community. Maggie makes it her business to know a little bit about everyone's lives, and certainly pays no attention to the adage that `those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'.

***  I saw it back in 2020 on television ***

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   I think I would like this, will try to add to list.

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/13/24) Lol, she is something else - NOT sure what @LaDolceVita !!!  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/11/24)  ๐Ÿ“บ  Anyone else like "Maggie Cole" on PBS?

(4/10/24) At 10pm ET I am watching this on PBS TONIGHT:

The Trouble with Maggie Cole, 2020, Drama, 1 Season-6 episodes. Maggie Cole is the self-appointed oracle of her close-knit community. Maggie makes it her business to know a little bit about everyone's lives, and certainly pays no attention to the adage that `those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'.

***  I saw it back in 2020 on television ***

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/4/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

I just finished watching "Secrets of the Forbidden City" on PBS. Totally fascinating how huge this structure is, all manual labor and that it has survived the chronic earthquakes. Anyone else saw this?

20240404_171423.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   This sounds really good!   I will addto my list if it is available on streaming.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP