Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

My Guilty Pleasure is (fill in the blank)

Community Concierge

My Guilty Pleasure is (fill in the blank)

....Lose weight, exercise โ€” good health can be such a chore. But indulging in guilty pleasures may be good for us. One of my favorite things to do is spending the day in bed--wearing pajamas and reading a good book. It doesn't happen very often, but it's something that gives me pleasure. Looking for ideas on how to treat yourself? Check out this blog to learn how decadence may be good for the brain. Visit AARPยฎ Staying Sharpยฎ for more brain health information.

My guilty pleasure are the judge shows!

Social Butterfly

@MaryannJ375058 My mom didn't watch much on tv, ( the news,  animal planet)  but she really got a kick out of Judge Judy.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Carving up canyon roads in my Jaguar F-Type on the weekend.  I miss having my mother-in-law as my navigator, she died last year @ 85.  Her favorite phrases were, "Can you go any faster?" and "Let's do it again!!"  The complete opposite of my mother and my wife who only know how to say "SLOW DOWN!!!!".

Social Butterfly

@roachme So sorry for your loss.  Your mother-in-law sounded like quite a character.  Good memories with family a real gift.  Now that car, wow, sounds like a beauty.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I treat myself to a movie or a swim in the pool!

Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ•๐ŸŒฎ๐Ÿ”๐ŸŸ๐Ÿบ

Periodic Contributor

I LOVE to read - have read 71 books so far this year (153 last year).  And no, I don't watch TV so I do have the time!

Regular Contributor

Sleeping late.

Contributor

Ben & Jerry's Karmel Sutra ๐Ÿ˜‹ Ice Cream 

Super Contributor

Probably popcorn and a movie.

Bronze Conversationalist

My pleasure (no guilt involved) is a home made milkshake - 1 1/2 containers of Ensure (because I need to gain weight), a blob of almond butter, and enough vanilla ice cream to fill the blender.  Mix, pour into a huge glass, add a straw, and enjoy.  Mmmmm!

Contributor

I have a couple people on my meals on wheels route that also need to gain weight.  We've been including Ensure or Boost with the meals, but I think your milkshake idea might be the motivation they need.  Thanks for the idea, and enjoy those shakes!  

Super Contributor

Need to gain weight.  Oh, lucky you.  You have to be in the 1.999% of the population.  Enjoy those shakes!!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

My guilty pleasure is putting our favorite comedies, new and old, on DVR and watching them when my wife and I need a good laugh. From shows like The Goldbergs to Everybody Loves Raymond we find our escape from the news and drama of the day. We feel a little guilt for spending time in our chairs watching TV but there's always time for a good walk after a good laugh (or more).

Super Contributor

Whataburger patty melt with a side of onion rings!

-Mark

The medicine man at www.medicinemanplantco.com
Social Butterfly

@MarkV847771  If you add swiss cheese, mushrooms and onions on that burger, I would stop by.  Only do a treat like that about twice and year.  ---  Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

My pleasure is cookies. I don't feel very guilty about it. LOL 

Honored Social Butterfly

Gambling.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP