Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Concierge

A Body in Motion Stays in Motion

How often do you walk, stretch, run, jog or play a sport? I try to walk every day and play tennis at least once a week. Our bodies need exercise year round, so when it’s cold or wet outside, try these exercises while you’re watching TV. Find more health tips at AARP® Staying Sharp® today, an AARP member benefit.

I run at least 3 miles every day. I love running in the cold and rainy weather. The warmer temperatures is when I struggle the most.

0 Kudos

I exercise daily from walking to jogging, golf, and weightlifting. I just got back from 4 days of snow skiing but that was really intense exercise. I like to move. Keeps my joints lubricated and my muscles firm, not to mention keeping my bones healthy plus it’s fun.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV but many years ago when I was having back trouble, I told my pain doc that the only time I felt okay was sitting. He said that if we stop moving, we eventually die. I don't think he was joking. I thought about how most of us reach a stage in our lives when we just sit. Our muscles get weak and we lose our ability to stand, walk, and keep our balance. If we break a hip at that point, we are probably going to check out in a year or two (I heard that one from an Orthopedic doc). On that happy note, I heartily agree with @AARPMaggie that we need to keep moving. Don't fear the reaper, but don't play into his bony hands either.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @DirkB349973

“I'm not a doctor,.....💉💊🤕

nor do I play one on TV....🎥🎞📽🎬

😃

LOL!

Thanks for the laugh!Thanks for the laugh!

Thanks for the laugh!

Take care ☮️ ~Allen 🌈 PEACE!

Silver Conversationalist

Have you guys heard "Sitting is the new smoking" ?     

Silver Conversationalist

🚬

🛋

🛏

🙄

😺

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP