Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How are you staying fit while at home?

Message 1 of 33

At home, I do body strengthening exercises, stretches, and get up once an hour to run in place. Sometimes, I will exercise to a workout video on YouTube.  I do like going outdoors to walk, run, and cycle as well.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 33

Sounds good. I liked Planet Fitness when I used to go. I am not going back. I like the fact that I can do almost everything at home and I don't have to pay a membership fee. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 33

Since I've been working from home I do hourly exercises from my desk between tasks - squats, walking in place, light weights for upper body.  I take short walk at lunch for fresh air and additional steps.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

Good Day! I walk every other day 2-3 miles.I plan on going back to Planet Fitness next week but I am nervous about it.I am high risk because of 72 and moderate COPD.When I am in a grove I work the Planet 3 days a week and walk on off days.Gain 9 pounds since layoff  of 3/20 and still not back to work.Got to take off.Lol

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33

I've been walking 3-4 miles several times a week with a friend around 7am (we're both morning people).  I also bought a 6-lb medicine ball and resistance bands for strength training.  I miss my gym but these exercises will help me a bit while I wait.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 33

Yes. I do HITS training, walk aerobics and I ride a stationary bike. I try to work out at least 4-5 days per week. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

I climb up the stairwell of my 7 floor complex. I then enter the next floor and go back down to the bottom floor. I try to repeat as many times as my health will allow. I also move my arms in small circles as I walk, or stand still. This really gets the heart pumping and circulates my blood. I feel the intensity of doing the arm rotations, but after the workout with my arms especially, I can breath better. By the way, I wear my face mask and try not to over exert. I also wear plastic gloves or regular clothe gloves to hold on to the stairwell rails.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 33

I am walking everyday for exercise in my neighborhood.  I also started a small garden in my yard and that keeps me very busy and for fun time a play games online and do puzzles.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33

IMG_9711.jpg

I just resumed my Saturday morning hikes at a local park.  I've missed these so much.  Most people are wearing masks and make room on the trail.   We are all in this together.  Stay healthy.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33

Just had my Friday night brownie before Blue Bloods...stay well...

AverymelloDee7
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Coronavirus Testing at Home

Would you feel comfortable administering a test or using one at home?