Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ Encouragement!

Sometimes WE ALL need an encouraging word to remind us that WE WILL BE OKAY on those days/nights we are NOT FEELING OKAY!!!

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Alisa, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is frightening at times to be on your own. I saved errands for those times that I found difficult. All of it is challenging. But things settle in time. I've found counseling helpful during difficult times in life. Please take care!

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!!!

@JuliaB831263  , I hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** JULIA @JuliaB831263 wrote:

Thank you for those virtual hugs I needed today after I lost my 18 year old Alexis from a cancerous brain tumor known as "Glioblastoma" ***]

Silver Conversationalist

I'm so sorry for your loss, Julia. The good people on the forum can help you cope. While going through grieving there is still the need to try and keep up with everyday life. Some days are just a standstill. Two steps forward, one step back. You are doing well, reaching out. Short walks, sunshine helps. Just do what you can. Take care.

Cadee @Cadee2719 , YOU are in my thoughts TODAY! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi Nicole.  Still unpacking ๐Ÿคช  Met a neighbor, so friendly.  She invited me to the 4th of July block party.  This was the right decision for me.  How is your daughter doing?  How are YOU doing?  I don't have my computer hooked up yet so I apologize as I am using my phone and it is harder to use.

@SpringIsHereSoHappy wrote:

(4/24/24) Cadee @Cadee2719 , YOU are in my thoughts TODAY! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

โ€œNever. WE never lose our loved ones. They accompany us; they donโ€™t disappear from our lives. WE are merely in different rooms.โ€

~~Paulo Coehlo

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Nicole,  I am trying to have faith but, I am having a really hard time. My disability has been denied for a second time. I contacted another lawyer because,  mine point blank s**ks. The only contact is initiated by me and I am tired of it. It's been 3 years and nothing. I told my BFF that I am either ready for the looney bin or death, whichever comes first. I am just struggling very badly. I don't know what else to do. I can't take care of my house, myself and feel like I am a crappy Mom for my son.I have no money,  bank account is in the red and have no way to pay for anything. On top of all that, my Mom was diagnosed with mild dementia and I am all she has because my brother is being a douchebag and is looking for homes in Florida.  He is not speaking to us because I finally after years told his wife off and how I feel about her. Also he is trying to say that I am committing elder abuse because Mom has been helping me pay bills. Then my daughter said that she would have to testify against me and then I would lose my son to the state because she couldn't "take him right now. Maybe in a few years." This is her BROTHER and she doesn't want him. Like I really need this right now. I also had eye surgery on Friday to have benign tumors removed  I just don't know what to do. 

@KimberlyM389662 , it is SO HARD at times dealing with Family.

YOU ARE ONE AWESOME AND STRONG WOMAN!!!

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@DianeE3158 , I hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** DIANE @DianeE3158 wrote:

My husband passed away on 2/22/24 and I am having a hard time emotionally.  I don't know what to do. It's like I am in a "brain fog". I need direction and I need help. Should I seek out a psychiatrist? I don't have any friends to talk to and I don't belong to any groups. I live in a tiny rural town. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you! ***]

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Diane, I'm sorry for your loss. A big loss, indeed. If you don't feel up to in person, an online counselor can be very helpful at this time. There are websites that offer free counseling. Building up a few resources can give you a sense of control and stability. Just do what you feel up to each day. Short walks, sunshine helps too. Please take care. 

Yikes  @Cadee2719   ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ  and SO SORRY this is happening  ๐Ÿ˜ญ  HANG IN THERE STRONG LADY. As we always say ๐Ÿ‘ฃ (1 step). As we AGE, we will be "chauffered" around/lol. Try to do what you can. Please keep us updated when you can  ๐Ÿค—

[***  CADEE @Cadee2719 wrote:

I need some "encouragement"!  Took my car in on the 17th.  Needs a new gas tank.  I was smelling gas.  They could not find the leak.   Ordered a new tank on the 18th.  They called me on the 20th. - BACKORDERED!!!!!!  I told them I have doctor appointments next week and they CANNOT keep my car for a week and not fix it.   S T I L L    W A I T I N G...........  ***]

Conversationalist

Just got my car back.  Hoping they really fixed it!  We shall see.  One more Step Forward. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad it finally worked out in the end...

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

The saga continues........ They got the gas tank.  While removing the old one they broke the clip holding the tank (the car is old) and had to order one from CHICAGO!!  They have had my car a week and I am still waiting for the repairs to be done and this is a dealership doing the repair!!!!!  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I am promised that if my car is not done, they will  have someone take me to the doctors.???  I have been very patient but this is getting ridiculous.   I cannot wait to get out of this state.

Conversationalist

I need some "encouragement"!  Took my car in on the 17th.  Needs a new gas tank.  I was smelling gas.  They could not find the leak.   Ordered a new tank on the 18th.  They called me on the 20th. - BACKORDERED!!!!!!  I told them I have doctor appointments next week and they CANNOT keep my car for a week and not fix it.   S T I L L    W A I T I N G...........

Silver Conversationalist

I don't know what I'm sharing has to do with grieving or will help anyone. But I find myself painting my kitchen. Clearing stuff out. No idea where I got the energy to do this. I guess people keep going even when they think they can't. It's a very small kitchen area, which is good. Don't ask me how I get involved in these things lol

Conversationalist

You are accomplishing things to be done!  Doing things that you may have not had the time to do before.  Occupying your mind and keeping busy.  I will be painting my small bathroom.  ๐Ÿ˜  My preparing  to sell my home is keeping me busy and keeps my mind focused on the tasks. It makes my day go quicker.  Just pace yourself so as to not affect your health.  (That is what my brother says to me all the time.)  Take Care โค๏ธ

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Cadee

Silver Conversationalist

I'm glad things worked out for you Cadee!

@Cadee2719 you are welcome and YOUR POST touched my INSIDES  ๐Ÿค—

[*** CADEE @Cadee2719 wrote:

I read the article by Marina Walker as it was similar to my experience.   I feel that caring for your loved one in hospice care at home is a double edge sword.  He is there with you 24/7 allowing you the opportunity to love and care for him and to show him how much you truly care.  Yet, you are watching him slowly die and suffer more and more each day.  It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I would not allow him to go to a facility to be cared for by strangers.  I felt that I had spent 61 years with him and I would be with him during his final hours of life.  Many times we would just sit and talk and hold hands and sometimes laugh about silly things or play country music that he would sing along with.  Those are the memories that I try to focus on. Everyone is different, each situation is different and there is no right or wrong.  We each do what we feel is right for us.  Death is final, suffering is hard to watch, loss of a loved one hurts, grief is a part of us that ebbs and flows and we continue to move forward taking One Step at a Time.  Thank You Nicole for bringing this article to us.  โค๏ธ  ***]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Cadee I'm so sorry for your loss and for your suffering, and that of your husband. It is all hard.

๐Ÿ“‹  ARTICLE NAME : Stories of Grief & Joy โ€” Forced Joy Project!

๐Ÿ“‹  FROM SITE:  Letโ€™s stop hiding behind our painful stories. Letโ€™s start sharing our stories to connect. Letโ€™s start sharing our stories to feel less alone on this planet. Letโ€™s start sharing our stories to help each other out. Below are the personal stories of those who have been through it. From the loss of a parent, to death of a child, to a cancer diagnosis, and everything in between.

โ–ถ๏ธ*** YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR STORY TOO ***โ—€๏ธ

[Article Link below]

https://www.forcedjoyproject.com/stories-of-grief

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I read the article by Marina Walker as it was similar to my experience.   I feel that caring for your loved one in hospice care at home is a double edge sword.  He is there with you 24/7 allowing you the opportunity to love and care for him and to show him how much you truly care.  Yet, you are watching him slowly die and suffer more and more each day.  It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I would not allow him to go to a facility to be cared for by strangers.  I felt that I had spent 61 years with him and I would be with him during his final hours of life.  Many times we would just sit and talk and hold hands and sometimes laugh about silly things or play country music that he would sing along with.  Those are the memories that I try to focus on. Everyone is different, each situation is different and there is no right or wrong.  We each do what we feel is right for us.  Death is final, suffering is hard to watch, loss of a loved one hurts, grief is a part of us that ebbs and flows and we continue to move forward taking One Step at a Time.  Thank You Nicole for bringing this article to us.  โค๏ธ

Trusted Social Butterfly

My husband was in and out of nursing homes under the guise of physical therapy ..He wanted to spend his final days at home and i made dam sure this was done if only for the 3months and seven days as he was on hospice..This is the best decision I ever made in his interest..Yes it was hard and draining on me but I don't have any regrets..We were married 63 years ..Our adult children and grandchildren/great grandchildren got the chance to visit with him before he passed..He was so happy to have them visit...We all miss him terribly but have happy memories of what was...

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP