Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ Encouragement!

[1] You are LUVED.

[2] And you are STRONG.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@Cadee2719 you are welcome and YOUR POST touched my INSIDES  ๐Ÿค—

[*** CADEE @Cadee2719 wrote:

I read the article by Marina Walker as it was similar to my experience.   I feel that caring for your loved one in hospice care at home is a double edge sword.  He is there with you 24/7 allowing you the opportunity to love and care for him and to show him how much you truly care.  Yet, you are watching him slowly die and suffer more and more each day.  It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I would not allow him to go to a facility to be cared for by strangers.  I felt that I had spent 61 years with him and I would be with him during his final hours of life.  Many times we would just sit and talk and hold hands and sometimes laugh about silly things or play country music that he would sing along with.  Those are the memories that I try to focus on. Everyone is different, each situation is different and there is no right or wrong.  We each do what we feel is right for us.  Death is final, suffering is hard to watch, loss of a loved one hurts, grief is a part of us that ebbs and flows and we continue to move forward taking One Step at a Time.  Thank You Nicole for bringing this article to us.  โค๏ธ  ***]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Cadee I'm so sorry for your loss and for your suffering, and that of your husband. It is all hard.

๐Ÿ“‹  ARTICLE NAME : Stories of Grief & Joy โ€” Forced Joy Project!

๐Ÿ“‹  FROM SITE:  Letโ€™s stop hiding behind our painful stories. Letโ€™s start sharing our stories to connect. Letโ€™s start sharing our stories to feel less alone on this planet. Letโ€™s start sharing our stories to help each other out. Below are the personal stories of those who have been through it. From the loss of a parent, to death of a child, to a cancer diagnosis, and everything in between.

โ–ถ๏ธ*** YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR STORY TOO ***โ—€๏ธ

[Article Link below]

https://www.forcedjoyproject.com/stories-of-grief

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I read the article by Marina Walker as it was similar to my experience.   I feel that caring for your loved one in hospice care at home is a double edge sword.  He is there with you 24/7 allowing you the opportunity to love and care for him and to show him how much you truly care.  Yet, you are watching him slowly die and suffer more and more each day.  It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I would not allow him to go to a facility to be cared for by strangers.  I felt that I had spent 61 years with him and I would be with him during his final hours of life.  Many times we would just sit and talk and hold hands and sometimes laugh about silly things or play country music that he would sing along with.  Those are the memories that I try to focus on. Everyone is different, each situation is different and there is no right or wrong.  We each do what we feel is right for us.  Death is final, suffering is hard to watch, loss of a loved one hurts, grief is a part of us that ebbs and flows and we continue to move forward taking One Step at a Time.  Thank You Nicole for bringing this article to us.  โค๏ธ

Trusted Social Butterfly

My husband was in and out of nursing homes under the guise of physical therapy ..He wanted to spend his final days at home and i made dam sure this was done if only for the 3months and seven days as he was on hospice..This is the best decision I ever made in his interest..Yes it was hard and draining on me but I don't have any regrets..We were married 63 years ..Our adult children and grandchildren/great grandchildren got the chance to visit with him before he passed..He was so happy to have them visit...We all miss him terribly but have happy memories of what was...

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP