Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Conversationalist

Had the surgery, went well and the doctor is pleased with the post-op visit yesterday.  Thank You for thinking of me.  Next:  Rheumatologist and the results of the 44 vials of blood.   I, too, have to take my car in for repairs.  One Step At a Time.   The one thing that I am thankful for is that during my husband's illness I had to take over ALL responsibilities for house, car, finances, etc.  In a way it was God's way of preparing me to survive.  I am thankful.โค๏ธ

Conversationalist

Thank You Nicole โค๏ธ

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@SummerIsTooHOT , I am really trying to stay strong for my son who doesn't understand what grief is.  All he knows is Daddy's in heaven but,  I'm not sure he understands what heaven is and it breaks my heart.  

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Glad it wasn't too bad Nicole, or a very cold day. Take care.

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

I guess it can be looked on as the ebb and flow of life. We just have to keep going day to day!

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole!

Contributor

A really good idea

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

For leg cramps from dehydration Hylands leg cramp tablets helps those painful leg or foot cramps can be bought at Walmart in pharmacy aisles...Drink plenty of liquids (water or something  like gatorade if sugar can be tolerated) Always check with pharmacy or doctor before starting any new way...Hylands works for me as well as well as tonic water with quinine replaces the salts in system...My personal experience advice ...

Kudos
Views

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Wishing you all on the forum a calm and peaceful 2024. 

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Lavender and Vanilla bed linen spray along with any lotion containing the same scent..A dimly lit room and soft classical music to lull me to sleep ..Sometimes socks on my feet to keep them warm and light weight covers that give warmth but not extra weight..Drinking water during the day to stay hydrated so not to get dehydrated and have leg or foot cramps...

Conversationalist

I wanted to wish everyone a peaceful and healthy New Year.  I hesitate to use the word "happy" because it is not really fitting in the context we are living today as those who are grieving our lost loved ones.  However, perhaps we have to think about redefining what the word happy means to us now so that we can still live fully in a new world with a new identity.  I'd like your thoughts on that.  I am trying to remain open and positive and balance my perspectives.  Perhaps that is another beginning.  Wishing you all the best on this journey that no one wants to take.  Your friend, Sue

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Sue for your thoughtful insights. We do find ourselves in a new world. It's not only how we treat ourselves but how others treat us in our new roles. People struggle for what to say when encountering loss or hard things. What works is asking about them, their family or pets, how their day is going etc. I think that's living fully in a new world. While knowing there are people who truly care about us as we go about our day. To have their love and support has made and makes my life full. That way I can live my daily life in this new world.

Kudos
Views

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!   WISHING YOU A YEAR OF PEACE, LOVE, GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPINESS.  KEEP TAKING "ONE STEP AT A TIME."

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee2719 @Cadee2719 , Thanks Cadee. I wish you all the best in 2024 - health, happiness, a new home, security, and peace.

Marcy

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

1StepATaTIME @SummerIsTooHOT , It is very hard to keep up with you! I'm stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year and to say I am back from my trip.

Marcy

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

๐Ÿ‘ฃ 1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT , Maybe this is the motto for 2024 "Live It?"

Marcy

Conversationalist

Hi!  Christmas was a somber day and I am glad that it is over.  Went for my blood tests this morning 22 vials!!! and I go back this Friday for 22 more vials.  Will I have any blood left in my body??  My son and friends loaded up the truck/trailer with all the "stuff" from my house and are on their way to Idaho.  My priorities are 1) Eye surgery, 2) get results of blood tests and a plan to resolve my issues 3) Hopefully put the house on the market the end of January and MOVE.  My grandson sent me a text that he is back home and plans to visit me soon.  (I am happy).   Soon it will be a new year and I hope that we will all be STRONGER, MORE CONTENT and HAPPY.  We deserve it as we have all worked so hard to heal.  Could not do it without you Nicole and others on this site.  Thank Youโค๏ธ and Thank You AARP for providing the format for us.

Silver Conversationalist

That is a lot of blood to take. Take care.

Silver Conversationalist

Wow Cadee @Cadee2719 ! You made it through another holiday and survived them taking 22 vials of blood!! You must be exhausted. Please rest and eat well for a few days before they take more blood from you.

You have a plan and things to look forward to such as your grandson's visit and ultimately a move to Idaho.

Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress.๐Ÿค—

Marcy

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP