Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

AARP Expert

@SpringIsHereSoHappy Hello! Jane shared a link to one of my columns about grief and loss over the holidays, and a state-based webinar coming up. I will also be doing a webinar about caregiving during the holidays on Nov. 16th - stay tuned for information about that! 

My column on life after caregiving and dealing with grief might be helpful too: https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/life-balance/info-2020/finding-purpose-after-caregiving-ends.html 

Take care,

Amy Goyer, AARP Family & Caregiving Expert

Author, Juggling Life, Work and Caregiving

AARP Expert

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-16-23) 

How are you TODAY/TONIGHT? ๐Ÿค”

Silver Conversationalist

Good here Nicole, how are you?

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-15-23) 

What has HELPED you the most on YOUR Healing Journey so far? ๐Ÿค”

Me: My daughter, this AARP Grief & Loss Forum, reading, chatting with "random" folks at Walmart ๐Ÿ˜Ž and praying.

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

I agree. And I think prayer is the key. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-14-23) 

OCTOBER 2023 ANNIVERSARY DATES ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

(1) Marcy @MarcyW882921 , I have ADDED your 10/22 Anniversary Date to my Wall Calendar. This way I will remember you in prayer ๐Ÿ™ and post EXTRA luv ๐Ÿ’™.

(2) Cadee @Cadee2719 , IF you let me know YOUR date for THIS MONTH - I will do the same for you. ๐Ÿ‘

(3) Anyone else, please feel free to let me know about YOUR dates for THIS MONTH - if you have any. I will also ADD you to my Wall Calendar. ๐Ÿ‘

*** We will be doing this for EACH month ***

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

My husband died on October 30, 2022.   It seems like yesterday to me.  Thank You Nicole for your kindness.

Silver Conversationalist

I'm so sorry Cadee.

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy! I made it through his first anniversary this week and now have the second one on the 22nd.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (10/13/23)

Marcy @MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿค—

When I think of you, I can't help but smile. My world would be a lot less colorful without your antics. (lovetoknow.com)

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy,

๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿค— I'm so glad!

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-13-23)

The healing light of the world is hugging you right now.  (lovetoknow.com) Cadee @Cadee2719 ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Good Morning Nicole.  Thank You for your thoughts and hugs.  โค๏ธ   Yesterday I received the results of one of the many tests, ultrasounds, and X-rays.   The results were good.  Still waiting on the others.  Still a lot of pain in both legs making it difficult to walk.  Blood tests shows that I need to make an appointment with an Immunologist??  Working with my insurance company to do that.  Other than all the doctor appointments I am staying home and resting.  My heart breaks each day as I listen to the news.  I pray that the wars will end soon.   Nicole, THANK YOU for being the person that you are; loving, caring and sincere.  I appreciate your reaching out to me.  It means a lot to me to know that someone cares.  Soon it will be the one year date of my husband's death and this, too, has me overwhelmed.   During difficult times, I withdraw and try to take ONE DAY AT A TIME.  Luv you โ™ฅ๏ธ

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (Monday 10/23/23)

Goodness Cadee!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hang in there like you have been ๐Ÿ‘ and luv how you are figuring out what do NEXT!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Yes, it is CATCH UP time and YOUR GRANDSON will have Granny around for several more years dear friend.... ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Thanks for the update and luv you,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœCadee wrote:

Just returned from my eye exam.  (I think I am going to rent a room in the medical building with all the appointments I have had this month!!!).  Have to have surgery on my other eye for cataract/glaucoma surgery.  They will have to put stents in this eye as they did in my other eye.  I told them I will have to wait until 2024 as I am in the process of seeing the Rheumotologist soon and have to resolve that issue.  Nicole I AM FALLING APART.  ๐Ÿ˜ซ   I am greatful that I have taken the time to finally go to the doctors and am working on taking care of my health.  This is a new concept for a caregiver, but one that is necessary.โœ

Contributor

Thank you for those virtual hugs I needed today after I lost my 18 year old Alexis from a cancerous brain tumor known as "Glioblastoma"

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

I'm so sorry for your loss Julia. I'm glad you found this site. The kind and good people here can help you. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-11-23)

Oh goodness Marcy @MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Yes, you will get through it!!!

My thoughts are with you dear friend, Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

โœ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy

Yes I have many activities, but your dinner reservation is still valid! I'm getting very close to being done with my renovations!

This past week I have however, experienced the steps backward that most of us seem to take at some point. I am coming up on the one year anniversary of my hubby's passing and he has two of them. The first started tonight and the next one is October 22nd. When I heard his name read last Friday it hit me like a ton of brick!

I was not as confident last Friday as I am today, that I will get through this somehow.

Marcyโœ 

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-11-23)

Lol, Marcy @MarcyW882921 , I am going to call you Bionic Marcy!!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Why? ๐Ÿค”

Girl, YOU ARE my Inspiration to get busy! ๐Ÿ‘

Between your Chorus, Tennis, Kitchen Renovation (I hope my Dinner Reservation is still valid ๐Ÿ™„) and so on = YOU ARE moving ahead in your life....

You Go Girl!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy

Yes I have many activities, but your dinner reservation is still valid! I'm getting very close to being done with my renovations!

This past week I have however, experienced the steps backward that most of us seem to take at some point. I am coming up on the one year anniversary of my hubby's passing and he has two of them. The first started tonight and the next one is October 22nd. When I heard his name read last Friday it hit me like a ton of brick!

I was not as confident last Friday as I am today, that I will get through this somehow.

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-11-23) 

MC @mc6844 , when I gave up last month, you believed in me. As you can see I am back to my Old Self again. Thank you SO MUCH, Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โ€œA true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.โ€ โ€” Bernard Meltzer

Silver Conversationalist

Lol Nicole! Aren't we all a little cracked at times. Hopefully not at the same time. But that happens too. You're certainly in the right place Nicole. Your unique talents and personality are so needed here. You are and will be truly blessed for your kindness, and all the love you give. This site is so unique because of the focus on grief and loss. It gives one a feeling of leaving the heaviness on site, and having a brighter day. Thank you Nicole!

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-11-23)

Hmmmm, Marcy @MarcyW882921 , isn't the NEXT Time Change the one where at some point 5pm looks like 8pm = DARK? ๐Ÿค”

I luv it in the mornings when the School Kids are SAFE as it is NOT dark. Is that the NEXT Time Change? ๐Ÿค”

Lol, what I need is - 7am Sunrise and 8pm Sunset ALL YEAR. You think Mother Nature will give it to me...../lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Now to REMEMBER to change the Other Old Lady's (2006 Hyundai Elantra) CLOCK. ๐Ÿ™„

And what a pain.

I know folks (old) who NEVER change it. With my luck I would FORGET and either arrive at my destination late or early. Nope, I need to CHANGE mine.

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

I don't know about you Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy, but I am ready for my hour back!

Marcyโœ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy, I like when it is dark at night time and when it is light in the morning. Changing times messes up my body's natural time clock and I have a harder time keeping a consistent schedule.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

Just an update on the hands (Carpal Tunnel)..Went to Ortho doctor who did xrays and found I have moderate carpal tunnel and issued braces to be worn at night as they are long. I have to put a square covering as the fabric and metal inner piece bothers the hands but I will use them as directed ..Go back for appt. if pain is still prevalent in Nov.Then it will be Cortisone shots followed by surgery if they don't work...I sold my car after having the brakes go while enroute to my home from bank..a very scary feeling.  At 81 not desirable .I haven't been driving much at all since my husband passed which is just about a year. Daughters/Son have been taking turns driving me to appts/grocery shopping ..I am a homebody at heart and have enough things to keep me busy...Actually I had no complaints about the Buick had it for 17 years and it just started to have problems which meant repairs at a high cost...Sometimes I order groceries from a local market which delivers for a small fee & tip to the driver who delivers right to the door..Because knitting is out of the question I'm thinking of other hobbies to do to keep my mind and senses busy and actove..So that's it in a nut shell for me..Thank you for your concern...

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-10-23) 

@MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿค—

Thinking of you today Marcy!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy. It was a busy day. I played tennis this morning and had two chorus performances this afternoon.๐ŸŽถ

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-8-23)

๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ˜ด  SWEET DREAMS!

Starting to get dark here in Melbourne, Florida. Time changes soon NEXT month (November), we get an EXTRA hour of SLEEP that day. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I hope we ALL have a "restful" night TONIGHT! ๐Ÿ™ƒ

See you tomorrow. So GLAD my neighbors return to school and jobs TOMORROW = my PEACEFUL retirement returns...  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP