Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Disappointed in the new rewards program

Message 11 of 67

@BettyB374802 

Hello Betty

I ordered the "Women's Health" magazine with points/ Daily Deal offered 2 days b4 program ended I've not received it as of today All other magazines I ordered Points only Deals b4 R4G ended I've been receiving for month or so & think ones sent to family are being received. No idea what the issue is with Women's Health? Nor can we access our orders anymore?? Anyone ideas??

Just wanted to respond to you to say your not alone & also there is a Forum available for old R4G program info I've not gone there lately but going to go post about my magazine order see if can get help vs calling Customer Service which only causes me frustration 

Good luck hope you get yours soon

Happy Monday 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 67

Hello @BettyB374802 

I saw a post about the magazine issue about a month ago😢  I won an Elle subscription in August and checked after seeing post via email I received from R4G and my subscription should start in December as per magazine website.

Do U  have the R4G email about your Weight Watchers subscriptions?  Call R4G Customer Service at 800-842-2891.  Hope you get them.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 67

Mine and my daughters weight watchers magazines were ordered a month or two before the program changed. I am unable to access the exact date any longer. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 67

That’s what happened to me, said not available and that all remaining points were put in a sweepstakes, explained the points were applied to the magazine and didn’t show as remaining points. So not entered in a sweepstakes, she was unable to comprehend what I was saying. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 67

Didn’t help me to call. They weren’t able to help. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 67
Okay, thanks. I used to get all the notifications but that notification...no.

I had to get the emails sent to me again to download the 'gift cards' and print them out. Frustrating amount of time spent to follow up and get the rewards. I ordered actual gift cards so me spending my time and effort, paper and ink to print out wasn't worth the $2.00 saved per card. I understand about recycling and don't object to the paper cards - however, AARP shouldn't offer actual gift cards - they should state the cards will need to be printed out and a link will be sent. So confusing.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 67
Agreed. Used to be $5 discount on cards. I ended up getting paper printouts. I ordered actual cards. I understand about recycling so don't mind in the future but AARP Rewards needs to state that they will be printed out using our ink and paper. Sort of makes the $2 discount even less.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 67
Okay, thanks. I used to get all the notifications but this one...no.

Rewards Update:

I had to get the emails sent to me again to download the 'gift cards' and print them out. Frustrating amount of time spent to follow up and get the rewards. I ordered actual gift cards so me spending my time and effort, paper and ink to print out wasn't worth the $2.00 saved per card. Won't use again.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 67

I agree.  I miss the chances for the simple rewards of something I could use like a $5 gift card.  I am not interested in bluetooth pill organizers (who comes up with these ideas?), stock car racing,or another water bottle.  I have tried to use the initially free option to "win" a few of the daily or weekly prizes but the odds seem to be quite low.  I also feel like the few options to use points are focused on what they think old people need or want but frankly I don't feel like I fit into the preceived mold.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 67

I've pretty much given up on the new rewards program. I've signed up for the allstate rewards programs which seem to have all the benefits of the old rewards program that aarp had.

I'm not sure what the reasons were for the change or who made the decision, but i hope the organization realizes soon that alienating customers/members by removing the things they like is not a smart decision. This had not been a very good couple of weeks for aarp in the news and frankly that's another reason i most likely will not be back.

For those of you still waiting for this new rewards program, I sincerely hope they get it up and running for you.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Share your tips on meditation and coping with stress during the holidays. We will randomly give away a few copies of the book Meditation for Caregivers to those engaging.

Top Authors