Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

It's been six weeks since requesting a quote from Hartford and still no duffel bag??

Periodic Contributor

It's been six weeks since requesting a quote from Hartford and still no duffel bag??

Is there someone here who can tell me how to check on receiving the duffel bag advertised in the Hartford Insurance ad in AARP magazine for requesting an insurance quote?? Please advise and thanks in advance.

Contributor

It continues 10/10/23!  How on earth does AARP support the mailer and flyer. Seriously. The Hartford must be paying AARP ALL THE SUPPOSED SAVINGS WE SHOULD RECEIVE AS SAFE DRIVERS MY QUOTE WAS NO DIFFERENT THAN CURRENT!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hartford Insurance, which YOU recommend, is my auto insurance carrier. I tried to get rental insurance and they cancelled me because I applied 3 days ago. Evidently, the apt I live in had a theft report 5 years ago (as of yesterday) and I applied and was cancelled! I’ve lived here 2.5 yrs and have had no problems or reports on any of my insurance policies. This is TOTALLY unacceptable and a NEGATIVE report is necessary to all the AARP members! I’m very, VERY dissatisfied with Hartford INSURANCE anyway you can say it…

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi @crsilver3! I am sorry to hear about your rental insurance cancellation. Were you applying for rental insurance and were denied? If so, was the reason for the denial based on the theft report? If not, were you provided with a reason? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have my auto insurance with Hartford, so I've been getting a lot of emails that I should bundle my rental insurance for extra savings.  OK, I tried. I called on about 10/12/2023 to add rental insurance.  The lady total me that the apt had a theft claim 5 years ago but it would expire on Oct 15th, so apply then.  When I applied on Oct 16th the agent said I WAS DENIED ON OCT 12TH SO I COULDN'T APPLY FOR ANOTHER YEAR!  I couldn't believe it, I didn't really get denied because I was told not to apply until after the 15th!  Anyway, the theft didn't have anything to do with me as I have lived here for about 2.5 yrs, so I had no idea of any problems (it's a gated apt).  I've never had a claim on anything, so I feel I was treated very, very unfairly.  Needless to say, I have a very poor opinion of Hartford Insurance and ALL AARP members should be warned.  It's just that simple.
--

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi @crsilver3, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding the issues you experienced with The Hartford. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at The Hartford to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with The Hartford, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPMariamaA” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage . Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

Mariama A.

0 Kudos
Contributor

THANK YOU I RECEIVED THE HARTFORD OFFER DUFFEL BAG!  It is adorable mini and useful. I spotted an email a few weeks back saying to reply to it for the duffel bag and it arrived yesterday. And bag aside I am seriously considering trying The Hartford for my insurance needs. Thanks again!

Grateful,

Michele

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

I am sorry to read about your experience. You can always contact AARP for help if there's an issue with an AARP provider or questions or suggestions for AARP. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/) to contact us by phone, chat or text.

•            Description of your issue and/or suggestion

•            Mention that you are requesting an escalation

We look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos

They're still running the scam in 2022. About all my inquiry received was a slew of spamming calls and emails for auto insurance and NO sign of weekend duffle bag promised in promotion.

Regular Contributor

Typically, the duffel bag is received within about 8 weeks after the quote. If you do not receive the duffel and have difficulties when contacting The Hartford, you can always contact AARP for help and we will be more than happy to reach out to the Hartford on your behalf. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/) to contact us by phone, chat or text. Please include the following:

•            Description of your issue
  •            Mention that you are requesting an escalation

We look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Call AARP and tell them you called Hartford for a quote and they never sent the bag. They'll contact Hartford and have them send it. At least that's what worked for me.

0 Kudos

SAME.. Only here we are in 2022

0 Kudos
Contributor

I finally rec'd mine after 8 weeks.  It's much smaller than the picture leads you to believe.  It's only 13"x6"x9".  And the material is thin, too.  Not impressed. ☹️

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I had to make an additional phone call or 2 to get mine. It finally arrived. I agree about the size, too small to call a duffel bag. They should call it something else.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’m in the same boat. Did you ever get your duffel?

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Hi there, here to help. Please call The Hartford at 1-800-684-5518 to check on the status of your duffel bag, or you can submit a request to AARP and we would be glad to help by reaching out to The Hartford on your behalf to investigate and get your bag sent out. To submit a help request to AARP, please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/contactsupport)  and include the following:

• Description of your concern
  • Please mention that you are requesting an escalation

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Contributor

BS.  I tried many times.  It's a scam. Sad to see that AARP promotes the scam. 

For the record, I dropped Hartford for Liberty Mutual and will probably drop AARP.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi @billr425016, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding the issues you experienced with getting your duffel bag from The Hartford. We are always glad to work with the providers escalation team to have members issues investigated. In the future, if you are experiencing issues with any provider, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPMariamaA” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage . Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

Sincerely,

Mariama A.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am wondering if you ever got your duffel bag.  I went through the quote process and the Hartford price was considerably higher than I am now paying.  Oh well, at least I would get the duffel bag for my time.

They say it can take up to 7 weeks for delivery.  I contacted them at 7 weeks and they say things are delayed due to Covid and I sould allow 2 more weeks. 

End of 2 weeks and I contact them again.  They are sorry and will order the duffel bag to be sent out to me again...  can take up to 7 weeks. 

I am now waiting the 7 weeks. 

Did you ever get the duffel bag?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I got mine after going through far more trouble than it's worth. It's not a duffel bag, it's a tiny replica of a duffel bag. If you ever get it, you can put it out someplace where it can be easily seen as a reminder of the integrity level of Hartford and AARP.

0 Kudos

No its been a year!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Cathy. We certainly understand your concern regarding not receiving the duffel bag provided by The Hartford. We’d be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at The Hartford for their thorough review and investigation into the status of your duffel bag. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community or call us toll-free at 1 (888) 687-2277 and request an escalation with the Member Relations Team. Please provide the following details in your message:

- First & last name
- AARP membership number (or home address)
- Best contact phone number

- Stephanie B.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Hi @lkgeiger56 AARP Member Benefits Team here to help. We certainly understand your concern regarding the service provided by The Hartford. We’d be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at The Hartford for their thorough review and investigation into the status of your duffel bag if you’d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPAngelaC” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

- First & last name
- AARP membership number (or home address)
- Best contact phone number

Periodic Contributor

After more than a year, maybe more than two years, of getting mail that says I'll get a duffel bag if I request a quote, I finally called yesterday. After getting the quote, I asked about the bag. She said she'd send me an email with a link to where I request the bag. I waited over an hour for the email, then called back. I was told that it takes 24 to 36 hours to send the email. Are you kidding me??? Well, now it's been 29 hours and no such email. How on earth can it take so long to send an email? This is very sleazy, and reflects badly on the kind of company you are. Why would I get insurance from a company that won't even send a duffel bag it promised to, and can't even send an email in less than 36 hours, if you'll even send it then? Why should I think you would expeditiously process a claim, when you can't even send an email? And why do we even need to go through all the email crap anyway? You have my address, just send the **bleep** bag.

Retired Moderator

Hi there, AARP Member Benefits Team here to help. We certainly understand your concern regarding the service provided by The Hartford. We understand that sometimes the duffle bag email gets routed to your Spam or Junk email folders. Have you double checked to ensure it did not go to Spam or Junk? If you still don't see the email, we’d be glad to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at The Hartford for their thorough review and investigation into the status of your duffel bag if you’d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPAngelaC” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• First & last name
  • AARP membership number (or home address)
  • Best contact phone number

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Why do you need all that info? Hartford should have a record of who called, and who they haven't sent a bag to. Just tell them to send the bags. AARP is the one sending out the letters falsely claiming we'll get a bag if we call, so take a little responsibility and make it happen.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

The information provided is not false. We'd be glad to make it happen, but will have no way of doing so without the necessary information. The Hartford does not keep a list of whom duffel bag offers went out to - the offer is sent to all members. If you'd like us to reach out to The Hartford and get this taken care of for you, please submit a help form and we'll get right on it. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Why should we submit a form.  You should follow through with your offer.  Face it - it's false advertising from AARP.

0 Kudos
Contributor

This is false advertising AARP!! Their is no duffel bag. I've been waiting for months. You should hold these company's accountable for their promotions AARP if your gonna advertise them!!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MichaelL76843 Hey Michael, please follow up with The Hartford directly for an update on your gift. They can be reached at 1-800-684-5518.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP