Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Pyramid Solitaire Addiction

Hello.

Is anyone else addicted to Pyramid Solitaire? I've just started and can't stop lol. 😂

I finally broke 1800 but can't seem to get on the Leaderboard. Anyone have some tips??

If you haven't tried it, I recommend it. But beware. Most addicting 🙂

SuzyQ

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Social Butterfly

@TheSuzyQ , I am addicted also. My high is 1829. I don't worry about the leader-board. Just try to get close or over my high score. I have a friend that is addicted also.

There are a few tips for doing better, but still depends on the stacking of the cards. Mine seem to end up with the last pair being unable to get or 4 of the cards needed for part of the 13 are behind all of the other cards needed for the other part of 13.

Some strategy is picking the pairs -- when you have a choice of two cards for your total pairing, look at what is behind each one and see what you will open up for more pairings. 

When I see it is hopeless to get to the end, I click to end the game, instead of going through all the cards for nothing. And I play on and on and on..... 😊  

View solution in original post

Regular Contributor

Speed is the key,  You begin with 1890 pts,  subtract 1 point for each second it takes to completely clear the board,  use all the cards in the deck,  and get all the line compltion bonuses,  sounds imple doesn't it.  Complete it all in 30 seconds and voila  1860,  Heres my complete explanation:     I play for the enjoyment, so huge scores are not as important as maintaining consistency,  here is the simplest explanaation of scoring: highest possible is 1890 points,  (line bonuses 1150 pts,  matching bonuses (28 of em @5pts)  =140 and 600 points( 10 minutes )  1290  . Now subtract 1 point for every second it takes you to complete each row,  use all the cards including the deck and do it in one minute (-60 pts) and voila  your final score is 1830.  do it in 30 seconds  1860.  Lots of little hints,  to clear a row always play the row card before the deck card or it dont count.  Good luck all !   Dave I

View solution in original post

Contributor

I don’t always understand the scoring. Just now I cleared the Pyramid. No cards left in the deck and instead of a 1290 they gave me a score of 1160!  So I should have ended up with a 1846 total but got a 1716. This has happened many times to me when I could have gotten high scores but for whatever reason got points deducted. And some days I get so many unplayable hands that you just need to pass on them and it gets kind of boring. I understand how the scoring is “supposed” to work based on the explanation one of the contributors gave but I just consistently get bizarre scores. This morning alone I have had points deducted from my score at least 10 times that did not add up to the number of cards left to be played after clearing the pyramid. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

It does seem weird @ShirliP863134 . But as you play you will see your score adding up as you clear cards. Then at the end (if you clear all) it does a calculation of how long it took and cards left in the deck and the ones you cleared and whatever else it may do. It doesn't always seem like it works right or even makes sense. But it seems consistent to me. I don't seem to notice it as a subtraction at the time. Just not always as I think either at the time. 

I get a lot of those hands where it is impossible to finish and I just quit the game. When I do that, it gives me only the score of what I have cleared, with no calculations.

I have even had it glitch once in a while. The card on the left pile, when moved to the right side will go under the top card (the top card being one of a pair used to clear a pair on the board and somehow remains there but not able to move or play again) and therefore the card moved can not be clicked to use in upper board. So, I either quit or just go real slow as to use the card if I can before moving it to the right.

Others have also said about different games, that they may be taking scores from the same game played at other places that are done by Arkadium. I have wondered if those games somehow have different rules. Maybe not this game, but some others I have noticed that they have more levels than our games. (but that is off topic)

I have actually given up worrying about the score and just play. There seems to be so many factors involved, speed of connection, my speed in playing and the odd calculations, it is not worth worrying over. Even though we have tips that can help our scoring, it doesn't seem like it can work all the time, which is probably natural. And I have gotten the highest score possible once, never again since. I play just to enjoy and beat my own last score (whatever they use for calculations). I just count myself lucky to clear the board most of the time. 😊

I don't know if that helps you any, it is just my opinion.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@TheSuzyQ and @iowacorn , it is fun no matter what. We can always strive for our highest score. But, I guess it would be nice to be on the leader board.

I was up late one night (a while ago) and noticed that there were only a few names on the leader board. I suppose it was the time where it resets to score the "Today" scores. So, my next game I did pretty good and got on the board. It was about 5 minutes and it was gone. Replaced by higher scores. But it did feel good. I tell you though, I was so excited that now I can't even remember what game I was playing. I do play several of the games. But Pyramid  and Outspell are my favorites.

We could come back here and post if we beat our own high score in Pyramid. 😊

Bronze Conversationalist

Congrats on getting on the Leaderboard @Vexed ! I will try again today. Practice makes perfect! lol

I will have to try Outspell too 🙂 

@iowacorn what other games do you like?

Have a great week!

SuzyQ

Have a great week! @

Social Butterfly

Thanks.  Not really a big deal for 5 minutes, but thanks. Outspell is great. Like weeny Scrabble. Best thing is that it isn't timed. You can relax and take your time thinking for words. You have a great week also.

Contributor

Hi there, so glad I found this area because I am addicted to Pyramid Solitaire and have always wondered how to get a higher score.  It seems that there are certain names that I see often and wish they could give us some tips.

My strategy is that I take a look at what is at the very top of the pyramid and check out how many are visible and where they are located. Example: there are three 9's at the top and the 4's to go with it are at the very bottom, it's going to be difficult to make the 13 so I just X out of that hand and start another. My high score is 1833 which I made MANY months and never again! ... but I keep trying 👵🏼

Regular Contributor

Speed is the key,  You begin with 1890 pts,  subtract 1 point for each second it takes to completely clear the board,  use all the cards in the deck,  and get all the line compltion bonuses,  sounds imple doesn't it.  Complete it all in 30 seconds and voila  1860,  Heres my complete explanation:     I play for the enjoyment, so huge scores are not as important as maintaining consistency,  here is the simplest explanaation of scoring: highest possible is 1890 points,  (line bonuses 1150 pts,  matching bonuses (28 of em @5pts)  =140 and 600 points( 10 minutes )  1290  . Now subtract 1 point for every second it takes you to complete each row,  use all the cards including the deck and do it in one minute (-60 pts) and voila  your final score is 1830.  do it in 30 seconds  1860.  Lots of little hints,  to clear a row always play the row card before the deck card or it dont count.  Good luck all !   Dave I

Contributor

Would you be able to tell me why they subtract points from my score, like sometimes 150 or over 200 points? Even when I complete a pyramid they’ll subtract some really large amount that makes absolutely no sense to me.I wondered if anyone else has this happened.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Not sure what you mean by subtracting points @ShirliP863134 . 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you for the scoring explanation. That helps alot!

Happy gaming!

SuzyQ

Social Butterfly

Yep @Annie2306 , speed helps. Sometimes though, I just can't do the speed thing. Sometimes it is my slowness and sometimes the internet connection takes longer to beat out the signals on a rock. 😊 That is when I just count a win and not the score.

Thanks for the explanation of the scoring, that is great! I appreciate it. Good luck to us all.

Bronze Conversationalist

That is a great tip, thank you! Happy gaming xo

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@TheSuzyQ , I am addicted also. My high is 1829. I don't worry about the leader-board. Just try to get close or over my high score. I have a friend that is addicted also.

There are a few tips for doing better, but still depends on the stacking of the cards. Mine seem to end up with the last pair being unable to get or 4 of the cards needed for part of the 13 are behind all of the other cards needed for the other part of 13.

Some strategy is picking the pairs -- when you have a choice of two cards for your total pairing, look at what is behind each one and see what you will open up for more pairings. 

When I see it is hopeless to get to the end, I click to end the game, instead of going through all the cards for nothing. And I play on and on and on..... 😊  

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you for the tips!!  We will see how I do this week 👍  

Good luck and happy gaming!

Social Butterfly

You are welcome. Good luck to you and have fun!

(Oh I should edit my post. I found out I only got 1826 instead of 1829. I blame it on those memory pills I forget to take) 😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP