Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Mahjongg

Couple days ago it appeared as though the games area of aarp was "down". I tried to play Mahjongg yesterday and it does not appear to be scoring or for that matter responding as it did in the past.  I play on my android and have changed nothing on it. Other non aarp games continue play as always. Anyone else having these issues?

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@flo34217, are you still having this issue? Which Mahjongg game are you trying to play?

@papadoc47, I saw your other post and I'm trying to find out if there have been any changes to Mahjongg Dark Dimensions that would be causing this.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Still not working. I play the regular mahj dimensions....in the greater scheme of things very unimportant...but did enjoy a few rounds during the day.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Having same issue as papadoc47.  10-14 days ago there was some reset to  Mahjongg Dimensions that is keeping us all in very low score range.  No "power ups" (for lack of better phrase).  It has made the game less enjoyable. Prior to this change, I felt I had the chance to get to high 40,000s, but am now stuck in low 20,000s at end of game.  It seems like an imposed strangle-hold on point scoring.

0 Kudos

Hi!  I play Mahjongg Dimensions and have never scored over 42,000-I see that other players score well over 150,000.  I was beginning to think that there was some secret to getting a higher score that is only revealed after playing for a while-but if there is I have not figured it out.  Does anyone on this page have any information on how to obtain a higher score??  Thanks-Lynn

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

AARPLynne:  To clarify, I play regular Mahjongg Dimensions, but continue to experience the same issue with "throttled" scoring that papadoc47 reports with the Dark version.  Any insights as to what happened and if the game/s can return to former iteration of scoring?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It starts with the first level not awarding a score higher than the 6000 or 7000s. Before, I sometimes scored between 15,000--20,000 in the first level (not frequently,  but sometimes). The stranglehold continues from there.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The same thing happened to us.  My wife and I always play Mahjongg Dark Dimensions and about two weeks ago, it changed!  Now, we can only score at the lowest levels where before we finished the game.  We have been playing since the pandemic so we know what we are doing.  I have tried in vain to see what has happened to our game but to no avail.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same exact scoring issue in Mahjongg Dimensions.... 1st round betwe5-7000 whereas before I would score 15-20000. Now my TOTAL score is only in the 20000s. This has made this game so much less exciting. I play 1 or 2 games too see if it's fixed and then shut it off whereas before I would play nonstop for hours. So disappointing. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It's as though Arkadium has revamped the games, greatly restricting/putting a stranglehold on the scoring. And, if you read the Dark Dimensions thread, they're now discussing less allotted time as well. AARP, are you reading these threads and are these issues being looked into?  We would appreciate an update.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP