Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Silver Conversationalist

Video Issues

Some videos are not downloading and playback has been problematic.  There have been a few videos that begin, but half-way through the playback, the spinning circle appears and the video stalls.  Tried watching videos on two different computers....a Windows desktop using Firefox and a Macbook Air using both Firefox and Chrome browsers.  Anyone else having problems with the videos?

Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

My problems with completing videos seems to have cleared up.

Thanks

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I am having videos stop time and time again today.

A little help?

thanks

@AARPJanelleM 

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JoLo49 When you click on an AARP Rewards video, it will pause if you navigate away from the window to turn your focus to something else, like another video. Please ensure that you do not have more than one browser tab open with the AARP Rewards site. We also recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies before trying the video again. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPJanelleM 

Thanks for the recommendations.   I only have 1 browser opened while watching the AARP videos and never doing anything else but trying to focus on the video.  The issues are happening on 2 different computers on different days.  One of the problematic videos seems to be fixed (Quick Walks to Control Sugar), however, the Hearing Aid video that @rednexsrus  mentioned is still problematic for me.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Anytime a "spinning circle" is seen is due to internet speed, NOT AARP.

Try pausing the video (the left triangle at the bottom left of the video) for a minute, then start it again (the II at the bottom left of the video).

hth

This is definitely NOT an AARP issue.

#StaySafeVaccinate

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I'm certain it's not my internet speed.  There's only a few affected videos, while others are fine.  Tried viewing the problematic videos on 2 separate days with the same playback issues.  This is happening right after there were some updates and changes to the AARP site.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I have to agree with you JoLo49.

The main culprit for me is the

“ How to take care of your hearing aid “ video

This has been a problem for a few weeks now

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

@rednexsrus

Thanks for posting.  I also have issues with the Hearing Aid video.  Another problematic video for me is the "Quick Walks to Control Blood Sugar".  The Quick Walks video seems to be fixed and playback was fine today, however,  I'm still having playback issues with the Hearing Aid video.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I spoke too soon about the Quick Walks video being fixed.  It played fine for only 1 day, and now it's back to being problematic again.  Today, only the audio came through with no video (black screen), and then the dreaded spinning circle appeared. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I have had problems with Quick Walks for months. Plays on some devices but not others. Doesn't like my new tablet but plays on my year old cell phone. Same browser and wifi. I found that if I just let the "spinning circle" go for the remaining time in the video, hit pause then play again it gives me my points.

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks, @MichelleM50204 for posting your problems with the Quick Walks video.  The video worked fine for 1 day, but now having issues again.  A few times the audio would come through with no video and spinning circle.  I'll try hitting the pause and let the video play out.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus I just tested that video and it is working properly with no playback issues. The video will pause if you click anywhere while it's playing. Here is a direct link to that specific video: https://videos.aarp.org/detail/video/4342296203001/

Please clear your browser's cache and cookies if you are still unable to watch the video. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP