Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: VIDEO ADS ????

Message 1 of 28

Hello Community Warriors,

I encountered a large amount of video ads today, is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 28

Hello Community Warriors,

I only encountered (2) ads while watching videos in the last couple of daysSmiley Surprised

Maybe it's a Christmas present, how many are you seeing?

Happy Christmas Eve,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 28

@andrewtoo 

I just started experiencing the ads that get stuck requiring a refresh😢 Trying to keep it movingSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 28

Well @mi4090 ,

I finally got a 30 second ad without the option to skip after 5 seconds (it played all the way through).  The 15 second (or less) videos never give me a skip option; I get a Medicare Ad that is mostly 15 seconds, so no skip.  I only remember one time that I had to wait 15 seconds to skip a video ad and it seemed like a normal video ad, but just made me wait until the 15 second mark rather than the 5 second mark.  I have trouble a few times a day with a video ad getting stuck, but I don't have to reload very often.

I skip ads whenever I can't because I did not click on the video to see an ad!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 28

Hello Community,

I've been having a problem with Video Ads getting stuck half way through and then having to refresh video and start over.  This is happening on the Video Ads that don't have the "Skip Ad" button.

Is anyone else having this issue?  Thanks for letting me knowSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 28

Hey Marylin @mi4090 

I have not personally experianced having to watch a 2:30 ad without a skip button appearing.  So, that is why I ask AARP to look into this as glitch.  I'm sorry about your problems with the skip button, Marylin.  I think they get paid something even for the first 5 seconds before I skip.

I hope AARP @AARPTeri  will look into the presummed glitch concerning the lack of a skip ad button appearing for longer ads for some users.

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, curious to know why you think this is a glitch and not intentional due to the numerous members using the "Skip Ad" button to avoid ads and shorten the time required to earn daily points.

AARP is getting paid for this advertising to thousands of members daily, and some ads may require watching of entire ad for payment.  Thus the removal of "Skip Ad" button.

Would love to hear AARPTeri's response.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 28

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, curious to know why you think this is a glitch and not intentional due to the numerous members using the "Skip Ad" button to avoid ads and shorten the time required to earn daily points.

AARP is getting paid for this advertising to thousands of members daily, and some ads may require watching of entire ad for payment.  Thus the removal of "Skip Ad" button.

Would love to hear AARPTeri's response.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 28

@valeriov52121   @AARPTeri 

We have heard of the missing "skip" button a few times.  It sounds like a glitch, Teri.

Thanks,

@valeriov52121 wrote:

Here's my videos experience summary of today to get my 7,500 points.....

Videos watched : 25

Ads watched : 21

Short 15 sec. ad videos : 13

Long over 15 sec. ad videos : 8

Interesting note : i had to watch a 2:30 video ( with NO SKIP available ) to be able to watch a 1:49 video of Austin so i could get my 300 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a NICE HOLIDAY everyone.

Valerio.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 28

Here's my videos experience summary of today to get my 7,500 points.....

Videos watched : 25

Ads watched : 21

Short 15 sec. ad videos : 13

Long over 15 sec. ad videos : 8

Interesting note : i had to watch a 2:30 video ( with NO SKIP available ) to be able to watch a 1:49 video of Austin so i could get my 300 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a NICE HOLIDAY everyone.

Valerio.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 28

Hello Marylin, @mi4090 

I still have a skip button and using a laptop with chrome.  I get a repeated ad for a local fitness club that otherwise I had never heard of before the ad.  It is 16 seconds and I skip it almost every time  now, even though it is only 16 seconds.  I have seen shorter videos that have no skip button but they are a little shorter than my fitness club example.

If I was not able to skip then I would consider that to be a glitch and AARP should look into the problem.  @AARPTeri 

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views