Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: VIDEO ADS ????

Message 11 of 28

Hello @gm5271 

Ginger, Happy Thanksgiving to youSmiley Happy  The ads are a  horrible experience and now Skip button has been removed.  Another message,  "we'll force you to watch"...buy something😤

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 28

@andrewtoo 

Yes Andrew I posted screenshot of my phone with ads when they 1st started Don't like therefore avoid going to sites 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 28

@gm5271 

It is terrible that it has become difficult to post to the forum because of Ads!  And, you have probably mentioned it before.  I have seen someone post a pic of their cell phone screen and it looked very difficult to even read posts much less post.

We need a new topic with examples and make sure AARP recognizes the issue.  I use a laptop and I have no trouble because my screen has plenty of space for ads.  The pages that come up on a mobile device should consider the small size of those devices and manage the size of ads!

There is a problem here: @AARPTeri 

Thanks,

Andrew

@gm5271 wrote:

Hello All

I decided in spite of ads I'd post to this thread

I can't stand the ads always like use phone & I have big phone Note 8 but have same issues on tablet  Smiley Sad

I've found nothing on AARP Rewards or AARP Regular Site without popup ads just last week they added ads to Games in past about every 10th or so time played game you'd get ad now its nearly everytime & like others posted repeat repeat which are frustrating to say least 

Same issues with doing quizzes hate the rewards info popup covers half screen then ads its not worth trying for points besides I only get the puny 15 Daily points every 10th or more checkin to see what offering for Daily sweeps 

Hope everyone has a wonderfully happy Thanksgiving 

Miss you all but not the frustrations of ads overtaken everything no longer fun nor easy to post Smiley Sad

Happy Sunday 

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 28

I've seen ads on some videos and not on others.

The ones I don't understand are the 2 or 3 minute videos with 47 minute ads - or any of those with ads longer than 15 seconds - or any of them with longer ads than the videos in any case!

Of course I'm going to hit that Skip button as soon as it finishes its countdown! That is the advertisement's only saving grace!  I even hit the Skip button when the ad is only 20 or 30 seconds!

I HATE ADS!

BTW: Did I ever mention that I hate ads?

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 28

Hello All

I decided in spite of ads I'd post to this thread

I can't stand the ads always like use phone & I have big phone Note 8 but have same issues on tablet  Smiley Sad

I've found nothing on AARP Rewards or AARP Regular Site without popup ads just last week they added ads to Games in past about every 10th or so time played game you'd get ad now its nearly everytime & like others posted repeat repeat which are frustrating to say least 

Same issues with doing quizzes hate the rewards info popup covers half screen then ads its not worth trying for points besides I only get the puny 15 Daily points every 10th or more checkin to see what offering for Daily sweeps 

Hope everyone has a wonderfully happy Thanksgiving 

Miss you all but not the frustrations of ads overtaken everything no longer fun nor easy to post Smiley Sad

Happy Sunday 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 28

andrewtoo:  Mine is a different ad.  It is a travel ad for a nearby county. I guess they target the ads to where you live.  Your lucky you can skip after 5 seconds.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 28

Oh yes, the ads are back with a vengeance!

@shamit 

I too get the same ad multiple times and can skip it after 5 seconds.  I wonder why you have to wait for 15 seconds.  The ad I get time after time is for a local fitness club/gym.  And, it drives me nuts!

Take care,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 28

Hello @shamit 

The day I created the post "VIDEO ADS????"  was the first day that I don't see any advertisements at all.  Before that I saw numerous different advertisements on each video, never the same advertisement.  That's strange that you only have the (1) ad for all videos!Smiley Frustrated

The day after my post I saw about (2) advertisements but the "Skip Ad" button had been removed and you have no choice now.

I think Management is working there way around to removing the "Skip Ad" button from the video advertisements.  I had (3) videos today with no "Skip Ad" button.

Only encountered (1) day without video advertisements, and they seems to be coming back without option to skip.  They may be working there way thru the member accounts, not sure.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 28

Happy for you all.  But for me all I have is an ad before almost every video.  Most of the time it is the same ad that I can't skip for 15 seconds.  I am so tired of this ad.  I have had it since the beginning.  I don't think I can stand listening to it one more time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 28

@mi4090 

Ad-free again today!

AndrewToo