Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

To Moderators: Tech issues with earning points

Super Contributor

To Moderators: Tech issues with earning points

Moderators, I've reported this in the forum about 3 times, but have not received a response yet.

Can you please let the tech department know that the filters on the Earn page are not working? You can't sort/filter the items by category, such as Quizzes, Videos, etc. When you select any filter and click Apply, it does not change anything on the page.

Also, there are two things missing that are very important:

1. When you click on a video or quiz, even if you have already earned points that day, week, or month (have reached the current limit) on that item, it still shows 200 points, for example, instead of a checkmark in the circle, like it does after you earn the points. What happens is that, if you go to that page and are not sure if you watched that video that day, it still shows 200 in the circle, but then at the end, tells you no points were earned (because you've either already earned it or reached your limit, which, it needs to specify which one, because the daily maxed points alert does not always pop up), so you ended up watching the video or taking the quiz for no reason, because you were unable to tell if you already earned points on it or not. And sometimes the Earn list has the same issue, where it doesn't show the checkmark when it should.

2. We need to be able to have a filter option for the list to only show activities that we can currently earn points on, if that's all we want to see on the page at that time, to avoid the endless scrolling and clicking, going on a scavenger hunt to find an activity that doesn't have a checkmark beside it that day. And it forces you to refresh every day, because you'll go back to load more activities the next day, and the loading circle doesn't stop, forcing you to refresh and start back at the top -- meaning, to get back to where you were, more endless scrolling and clicking that takes several minutes to get through the page.

Can you please pass this feedback on and submit a tech support ticket about the filters not working?

Thanks!!

Super Contributor

Filters are still not working.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CaliaRose Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into this for you with our Rewards team. 

Super Contributor

@AARPLaurenA  Any updates? It's very time consuming to not be able to use the filters. 😞

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CaliaRose which browser are you using? Is there a way you can send a screenshot of what you are experiencing so we can get this looked into further? 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@AARPLaurenA  I can't take a screenshot, because the issue is that it just won't do anything when I click the Apply button on the filters. The Rewards page filters seem to work, but not the Earn activities. They worked a few weeks or so ago, but quit all of a sudden. I'm using the Edge browser, and I did not do any updates to it.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CaliaRose - have you tried using Chrome as well? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@AARPLaurenA  I know you don't make the tech decisions, so I'm gonna hold some of my frustration back on that question. A. Not everyone in the world wants to or has to or needs to use Chrome, despite what Google thinks. B. Websites should be built to work with multiple browsers, as many businesses and individuals do not use Chrome (or even Firefox). Even Internet Explorer still works better on some websites than the newest browsers. C. The filters WERE working without any issues for a long time, meaning, a recent change on AARP's website code triggered it not to work, as it was an out of the blue problem with nothing changing on my end.

Super Contributor

@AARPLaurenA  Were you able to let them know that it was already working previously?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CaliaRose- Could you send me a private message with your email so I can forward your info onto Rewards as well. For #2 our Rewards team is looking into this, it's a heavy lift so no timing on that as of yet. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@AARPLaurenA  Sent

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@AARPLaurenA @AARPTeri @AARPJodeeR 

I'm a patient person and also recognize that many people are working from home, but this has gotten past the point of ridiculousness.

There are additional issues tonight (and maybe even yesterday) with the points balance not updating, even on the Discover page, which was the only page it was updating on before tonight or yesterday. While many staff may be working from home, the website is obviously still running and undergoing constant maintenance (based on the posts by the mods), so whether it's being maintained from home or from an office, it's being maintained.

That being said, it's not being maintaned efficiently...at all. And I'm sorry, but that's just a fact. These filtering issues and points balances not updating are issues that can be resolved with simple fixes by any computer programmer. These are coding issues. These are not issues based on what browser we are working with. These are coding issues that are resulting in balances not being updated and filters not working. And these issues are happening DAILY, with new ones popping up all the time.

AARP is not treating their members/website users -- aka the people who essentially pay for their salaries and are the only reason advertisers work with their organization -- fairly, by allowing them to continue to deal with these tech issues and not resolving them. Survey websites do not have this much trouble crediting surveys or updating balances...and those websites are infamous for issues with crediting surveys.

AARP needs to buckle down and put their customers, members, and users first. They need to treat them fairly and run an efficient website. I hate to be that blunt, but it is the honest truth. Again, these are coding issues that any decent programmer can fix in a short time frame, and yet it's not happening and only more problems are being created daily. Please remind the IT department of that.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I have found logging into "My Account", the point total is usually accurate and updated. There have been a few occasions where the points haven't been updated under the account page, however, the majority of times I've checked, I have found "My Account" has been more reliable than the Black dashboard.
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @JoLo49 

I've been verifying my Points Total via "My Account" since the first day that the Black Information Banner stopped working months ago.  I posted on the Black Information Banner thread to alert members how to see their accurate points with My Account.

The switching from Earn to Discover screen worked for a while, but I just keep "My Account" open and refresh.

My Account has been reliable since the first day the Black Information Banner failed and is my go to for accurate points total.

Beta testing has been going on for a year in exactly (4) days.  Is the whole IT department so incompetent that more problems are created than fixed?

Hoping they get it together.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Also noticing "Total Savings" on the Black Dashboard on my account is not correct on the Discover, Redeem, and About pages.  Strangely, the correct "Total Savings" is shown on the Black Dashboard on my Earn and Transaction History pages.

The enhancements to the website seems to be creating more issues, and the once working black dashboard, is now having issues. 

The most annoying issue on the site for me is the "oops, something went wrong" message.

Community Concierge

Hi @CaliaRose- we have passed this onto the Rewards team and will let you know when we have updates! 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@CaliaRose

Sounds like it may be your browser. The filters work using Firefox or Chrome.

JoLo49
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@JoLo49  I'm using Edge, but the weird thing is it that it worked a few weeks or so ago.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@AARPLaurenA  Thank you. Keep us updated. It took FOREVER to scroll yesterday to find quizzes that could be done again, since I couldn't narrow it down to Quizzes. Let them know I'm using Edge, and turning off the ad blocker for this site does not make them work, either.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Filters are working fine for me.

Some videos can be watched daily to earn points, so you can choose "earn frequency"  and re-watch a video you have watched from the previous day and still earn the points.  Scrolling down, you should be able to see videos or quizzes that are available, and the ones with the check marks are the ones that have been completed.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@JoLo49  None of the filters are working for me. It must be a browser issue if yours are ok.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP