Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Trusted Contributor

Points for Fitbit 10K Steps Not Awarded

Good Morning!

The past 2 days, I've automatically received points for 5K Fitbit steps, but while I reached 10K steps each of these days as well, I've not received the rewards points.

Also, the daily visit points are not being awarded - the past 2 days, I found that if I logged out and back in at least 3 times, I get the points. I don't think it's supposed to work that way, and if it is, frankly, you can keep the points.

Please have these issues addressed by your IT folks.

Thank you!

Linda

Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 Thanks for letting us know! It may take up to 24 hours for earned points to credit your balance, including the daily visit points. I was able to adjust your balance and I have taken note of the lag with daily visit points. Check your transaction history here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/transaction/#view=adjustments I'm always here to help, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further issues!

Trusted Contributor

Thenk you, Janelle,

So this morning, 9/15, the AARP site visit points were added immediately with no new login required (though not for 9/14). As for Fitbit steps, however, yesterday (9/14) was a repeat of the previous 2 days: I received reward points for 5K Fitbit steps within minutes of achievement, but no points for 10K Fitbit steps. .

Thanks for being there for us!

Linda

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Again 9/16 & 9/17 - site visit points were automatically posted so appears that issue was addressed. . 

Points for 10K Fitbit steps completed 9/15, 16 and 17 were never awarded (while the 5K points were automatically posted as soon as completed) - so that's 6 days in a row that 10K steps have not been awarded, while 5K have. 

Something still needs to be fixed.

Thank you,

Linda

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 I'm sorry to hear this, Linda. I added the points to your account again. Please follow the troubleshooting steps found here: https://aarp.info/3v19IpI If you continue to experience this issue after you complete troubleshooting, please send me a private message for further escalation. 

Contributor

I have tried the troubleshooting steps from the link you have provided. I have received the points for linking my FitBit, but I have not received any points for completing the required steps. Bluetooth is on and the FitBit app is open. Can you offer any further guidance?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CD509263 I checked your account and your fitness tracker was successfully synced on 9/25. You will receive your points within 24 hours of reaching your fitness milestones. I'm always here to help!

Contributor

Yes, I had to continue to troubleshoot the syncing to get it to finally work. The original sync was not awarding points. My initial sync was on 9/22 where I walked 10,387 steps, 9/23 was 5,029 steps and 9/24 was 6,166 steps - non of which I received the points. If you look further into my account, you should see: 9/22/2023 Fitness tracker synced +500

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the adjustment, Janelle. I sent a private message as you requested. 

Linda

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have had the exact same problem! They advised me to re sync my device, which doesn't make a ton of sense, but we'll see what happens tomorrow. I agree with you, that it is a glitch with their program.

Trusted Contributor

Agreed, if it were a syncing issue on my end, I don't see how I could  consistently get points for 5K steps. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP