Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

No points for videos

Points are not being rewarded for watching videos. Is it just me?

Bronze Conversationalist

I watched 3 different videos and received no points. I noticed that there was a check mark after I watched them. I watched each video twice and no points. I also did a quiz and received no points but got a check mark. I cleared my cache files and restarted but still no points. I responded to their Feedback request and explained that they must be filing these Feedback Surveys under Who Gives A ####. Different problem every day. Have a blessed day everyone

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

It's me again. My points started showing up after Midnight. 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JoLo49 we've adjusted the appropriate points, please refresh the transaction history page. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MicheleW321192 The video activity and points come from an outside vendor, which is why those points don't update in real time. Logging out and then back in will update your balance.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the explanation. This issue has been raised before but this is the first time I have seen any response.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thank you, @AARPDianaG. I appreciate the point adjustment.

JoLo49
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@al45009948 That's great!  

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJodeeR 

On September 9, 2020,  you sent me a private message regarding giving me an adjustment for the Denise Austin's  "Belly Fat Blast Workout" video that was not awarding points during the first week in September.  I watched the video on 3 different days during the first week in September and didn't receive the 900 points for watching the video.  I tried to respond to your private message, however, I got an error message saying that @AARPJodeeR  does not receive replies and is not set up to receive replies to private messages.   I tried multiple of times to respond to your message and kept getting the same error message.  I hope you can fix your private message so that we can respond to them.

JoLo49

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JoLo49  I checked your activity and points were awarded for 4 videos on Sept. 7. Remember to check if the Reward badge is displaying in the game or activity description boxes before you pick one. If the Reward badge does not display, points will not be earned. Try logging out and back in if you don't see the badge. Feel free to contact the AARP Rewards support toll-free number with further issues at 1-866-451-6305 - Available 7:00am - 11:00pm Eastern. Thanks!  

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJodeeR 

Those points I received on Sept. 7, 8, and 9 were for other videos watched and not for the the Denise Austin 10 min  Belly Fat Blast Video.  My transaction history shows no points awarded for the Belly Fat Blast video on those 3 separate days.   I presume you did not look at the specific videos that I was awarded points.

JoLo49

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Points for watching videos are still not updating on the black banner and at the top of the page. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MicheleW321192 Please completely log out of the AARP website. Relaunch it and log into your Rewards so the points in the black banner will update. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I am aware that logging out and then logging back in will update the points.  What I don't understand is why points for quizzes update in real time but points for watching videos do not.  Is this an issue that is being looked into?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I am having the same problem this morning. Videos showing up in transaction history but no points awarded in real time. I logged out and back in, points did seem to be updated after doing this.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Update:  I logged into my account to check my point total and found to be correct, and the points for videos were included.  It appears the black dashboard is not updating after each completed activity.  This is a new occurrence as the dashboard has always updated after each completed activity.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

2 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox), 2 different point totals reported, neither correct.

Difference of 900 points between the 2 browsers, probably the 2 quizzes I just did.

Neither browser is counting today's promo code in the total.

All of the uncounted points are listed in transaction history, just not counted in the title bar, nor the black banner.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Earn-Activities/Reward-Points-counter-not-updating/m-p/2314384#M1359

@CaliaRose wrote:

@mi4090  So, based upon your suggestion, I have noticed something. And @AARPLaurenA needs to know this, to pass it on...

If you go to the Discover page (https://www.aarp.org/rewards/discover/) and refresh, it will show the correct points at the top and/or on the counter. Then, after refreshing the Discover page, go back and refresh the Transactions History page, and the counter updates. So there's a coding error going on here

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I tried refreshing the Discover page, however, the points did not update on the Discover page or after refreshing the transaction history. It seems there was another issue happening yesterday evening. I logged back into my account page and found that the points were updated under my account page, however, it took over an hour for the black dashboard to catch up to the correct point total, despite multiple refresh of the page.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@JoLo49  Well, I just typed out a message to you and the mods about these constant issues and it gives me a page error and doesn't save my post....figures. The irony is ridiculous.

It seems the Discover page is not updating for me tonight, either. I'm gonna make another post to the mods in another thread.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hello @ CaliaRose

I have noticed numerous site problems this month. Points not updating in real time on the black dashboard, the "oops, something went wrong" message when entering the sweepstakes or daily wins, videos not awarding points, and the Gateway 504 errors. It seems with each enhancement of the website, a new issue is created. I hope tech support can fix the issues at hand before adding more enhancements to the site.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@JoLo49  I made a post in my tech issues thread and also sent it by private message. These tech issues have gotten out of hand.

Silver Conversationalist

I watched 3 videos today, and the badge got checked off as completed, however, missing the points for watching the 3 videos on the black banner dashboard.  The dashboard doesn't appear to be updating after each activity.

JoLo49

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @kb1248 

Missing points for (1) videos for about (5) days now, getting the rewarded badge for all watched. 

I keep Transaction History open and view after watching 5 videos to determine what I didn't get points for.  Then I go back and watch video again to get points๐Ÿ˜ข

Right about making sure badge appears before viewing.  It's something new everyday.

Hope you get your points๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Contributor

I've been having this issue for over a week and still am

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Earn-Activities/Reward-Points-counter-not-updating/m-p/2314384#M1359

@CaliaRose wrote:

@mi4090  So, based upon your suggestion, I have noticed something. And @AARPLaurenA needs to know this, to pass it on...

If you go to the Discover page (https://www.aarp.org/rewards/discover/) and refresh, it will show the correct points at the top and/or on the counter. Then, after refreshing the Discover page, go back and refresh the Transactions History page, and the counter updates. So there's a coding error going on here

0 Kudos
Contributor

Iโ€™m having the same problem. No points awarded for watching videos today. Iโ€™ve tried different videos and signing in and out a few times. I even checked my phone settings!!! It is definitely not working today.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I have noticed that my points earned have been 300 points short of my count that I keep.  I suppose that I will have to watch more closely to make sure that I am getting credit.  I believe that I am not getting credit for one of the videos, but I don't know which one.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

andrew200:  I noticed that I was also 300 points short a couple of days.  Today I opened my first video in another tab and watched it and then checked my points.  It didn't count it.  It seems that it wasn't counting the first video that is watched.  Refreshing the page didn't help.  I checked the "Transaction History" and it didn't show that I had watched it.  So I watched it again and got the points.  And then it showed up in the Transaction History.

By the way the badge was there and it said You Received Points.  But I didn't. Not until the second viewing.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

It happens to me once in a while.  Try refreshing the page and re-watch the video to see if the points will be awarded.  Sometimes that's a quick fix.  Make sure that the "300" badge is shown before the start of each video. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP